150 reef from start to finish

fish-man-t

i dont have a extra $500 right now so what i did was i got a 4 ft shop light a put 3 20,000 k corallife and 1 antinic + the other 7 10,000 k for now make a huge difference. i at about 300 watts :) not 500 but ok for now

puffer32

Here's my 150 with 8 54 watt T5's, lighting for everything is not an issue in my tank. I have 2 clams, afew sps and an anenome, all doing great. Oh, and this is with the cheaper T5's

fish-man-t

ok, i got new lights:) t-5 nova extreme i love them i also got a new coral and a lion fish no pic of lion yet but soon i will here are a few pics of the new coral and my mushrooms that are doing grreat under the new lighting

puffer32

Originally Posted by fish-man-t
ok, i got new lights:) t-5 nova extreme i love them i also got a new coral and a lion fish no pic of lion yet but soon i will here are a few pics of the new coral and my mushrooms that are doing grreat under the new lighting
You will not be sorry you got this lighting, love mine. I never have a heat issue in my tank, when we get some real tx heat going, I just turn on my clip on fan, and i am good to go.

fish-man-t

ill be honest i never thought that my lighting was bad but omg even the fish play more under the side where the new lights are

nctarheels

Originally Posted by fish-man-t
i dont think lionfish are reef safe are they?

mandarin w

I still love you tank, the stand is sweet! How hard is it to clean the sides? I noticed you have it in the stuck between the walls.
Glad to see you got the new lights. They will help alot with the corals. The Lion fish is not reef safe. But more importantly you will need to watch you inverts. Lion fish loves to eat those yummy little shrimp and snails.
I only have one suggestion. It looks like you are an impulse buyer. (alot of us are). It looks like you have several fish only critters, and then some reef critters. Some very aggressive and some non aggressive. Research the best placement in your tank for these. If one is bother by the other to much, it can start to release toxins into your tank that can be harmful to everything in your tank.
Otherwise, your tank is coming along great.