2000+g plz help!!!

caomt

well i decided i would like you show you something of mine.. id ont really like to show it because so many people hate because they cant afford it and are messing with little 55 gallons trying to talk like they know it all.. maybe this might help a bit.. hostin it from my website...
www.tmcao.com/tank/a.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/b.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/c.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/d.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/e.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/f.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/g.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/h.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/i.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/j.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/k.jpg
people dont hate!

fishking

not trying to start a fight but if u were talking about me, no i dont know it all just giving suggestions, nice tank by the way , what size...i wouldnt mind taking a little dip=)

mitzel

Now thats a real gold fish bowl people. How many gallons is that beast?
I have to agree with the idea that a project like this could land you in a heep of hurt with your boss.
Some things to think of
since its an addition to his house YOU should meet with the contractor that will be performing the work. and relay the needs of the project. The foundation needs to be reinforced to bare the weight of the tank . You also need to make sure the contractor understands that this thing is going to give off a ton of precipitation and that the walls floor and ceiling need to be treated to prevent future problems. Ventalation is a serious factor in this kind of project. My 125 started to cause problems when it was in the basement with no way for the moisture to escape. Also come up with an emergancy plan incase the tank should rupture , what to do with that many fish and how to drain 2000 gallons of water in a crisis. After all its not like you can keep them in a few pots of water or just bust out the shop vac to get up that much water. Your going to need to dedicate a whole room just to the equipment. and definatly have a back up for equipment failure. And a genertator would be a very good idea.
Sorry I don't mean to repeat what others have said I just wanted to make sure it gets said .
Also check out the oregonreef website that guys got a good set up and it will give you some good ideas.

steelgluer

Originally Posted by caomt
well i decided i would like you show you something of mine.. id ont really like to show it because so many people hate because they cant afford it and are messing with little 55 gallons trying to talk like they know it all.. maybe this might help a bit.. hostin it from my website...
www.tmcao.com/tank/a.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/b.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/c.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/d.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/e.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/f.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/g.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/h.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/i.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/j.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/k.jpg
people dont hate!
Oyea

bs21

www.tmcao.com/tank/a.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/b.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/c.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/d.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/e.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/f.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/g.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/h.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/i.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/j.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/k.jpg
people dont hate!
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/186522/new-to-the-game-swf-my-new-home-you-guys-are-my-new-family#post_1388220
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/187245/newbie-help-4000-gallon-tank-problem
its everywhere...it would be nice to have

acrylic51

Very nice setup tell us more about the filtration Caomt. Did you set it all up or did someone do it for you? Looks good!!!!!

caomt

4000 gallon tank if you look at pictures j and k youll see a
typical penguin power filter lmfao and 2 50gph powerheads lmfao

djevack

www.tmcao.com/tank/a.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/b.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/c.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/d.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/e.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/f.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/g.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/h.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/i.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/j.jpg
www.tmcao.com/tank/k.jpg
people dont hate!
http://www.seaquariums.com/webphotos/index.html

also check out his blog on his web site. very nice

caomt

LOL!!! "4000 gallon tank if you look at pictures j and k youll see a
typical penguin power filter lmfao and 2 50gph powerheads lmfao"
if you would check out pictures j,k you will see it isnt a penguin power filter... lmfao and two 50 gph powerheads? cmon get real

Y

yeffre kix

For the money your talking about look into oregonreef.com.
This guy has a sweet setup fully listed and descriptions of all maintenance. You'd better write yourself a deal to maintain this monster because its gonna take a lot of work. Live rock, sand, and corals will make it easier to maintain than artificial, and a lot more satisfying IMO.
I'd love to be in your shoes right now.

mitzel

Thats a good looking site. What kinda pricing does that artificial coral run? I would like to do something like that along the back of the monster. I was trying to figure out how I could do that with actual LR and keep it from toppling over . But this could be the way to go.

caomt

if i were you.. id just freaking go to a pond shop.. buy the most expensive things you can buy.. and set it up..jeeze..its not like its gonna be hurting your wallet..

triggerluv

sounds like one big dream for everyone posting here and for the guy thats building the 2000 plus tank its not even for him its for his boss get a life guys and stop dreaming i live the real thing here at sea***** which would make everyone jealous i hate to be the nightmare but this guy is not building no 2000 plus aquarium for his boss its just all one big lie that he has taken you guys on end of thread hopefully sorry

aw2

Originally Posted by triggerluv
sounds like one big dream for everyone posting here and for the guy thats building the 2000 plus tank its not even for him its for his boss get a life guys and stop dreaming i live the real thing here at sea***** which would make everyone jealous i hate to be the nightmare but this guy is not building no 2000 plus aquarium for his boss its just all one big lie that he has taken you guys on end of thread hopefully sorry

Being as cool as you think you are and as experianced as you say you are, in this hobby, you'd probably get alot more respect around here if you werent such a jerk. Tone down the hateful and snide remarks.
If you're such the big shot, who everyone should aspire to be, then please...post some pictures of your setup and "dream" that you live.
Just because you claim to have such an extravagant system doesnt mean that no one else has the means to complete such a project.

ezee

triggerluv,
I usually don't even respond to posts that are negative but, frankly, I am not quite sure why you are posting. Are you trying to save everyone's time by alerting us to the fact that this djevack (whom I assume you know very well as you were able to tell he was lying in 7 posts) is not telling the truth or maybe trying to discourage him from leading us on?
The real truth is that I really enjoy this hobby and so does everyone else involved in this conversation that is giving advice and our own time, so even discussing this project, regardless of it's end, is cool. And finally, who are any of us to question his honesty about this project, do you really know him that well? He is enthusiastic and asking for help, and this is how you treat him?
I apologize if I come off as judgemental but your comments just don't seem positive to me. Maybe I am wrong, maybe you will come back with some really positive advice for him and I hope you do.
Later,
E