2700 gallon aquarium pics

czone13

hey requiem i have always wondered how u will be doing the rock work i really think u should have three 60 pound stacks in 3 of the corners so the fish can go from rockwork to more rockwork to even more but that is just my opinion so ya, and how did u get the first bit of rock work in the tank did u go into the tank or how i am reallly curious???

cowfishrule

what if something happens to one of the sharks? can't quite send him down the toilet, and im not sure if bonnets are good eatin...

dougai

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
what if something happens to one of the sharks? can't quite send him down the toilet, and im not sure if bonnets are good eatin...

csupdog

Requiem - Amazing setup...
I plan on building myself something large, im wondering what is the length of your tank, and what lighting are you using. Im trying to decide on lighting, I dont want too little, but I dont want to spend alot.
Metal Halides have better spread over large areas, so even for a Fish Only tank, its probably the best solution, Im just wondering how many I need to cover a tank that is
10 feet long 4 feet wide and 30 inchs high...
Thanks,

csupdog

8-9? Im going with 400watt of course! remember its just for fish no inverts! I was thinking of 4, maybe 6. 20k's This needs a seperate post.

csupdog

Thanks Hed...
2 Things,
Yes I might need more light, im now thinking of getting strips with MH/PCs
But your tank is 36" high, that is the ultimate factor for light penetration, and why im going with a 30" high tank. Also easier to clean...
Hmmm how about 1000watt? anyone have experience with 1000watters?

mitzel

To get a good well lit with no shadows I would do one every two feet across the front and then stager across the back between the front ones. This is the Plan I have for My monster . I really want to see what I'm looking at . I also plan to set it up so I can cantrol the lights indivdually (SP) . this will allow me to set them up to come on one at a time and then turn off one at a time , To mimic the real life rising and setting of the sun. I do this now with my 125 .about a half hour after the house starts to light up from the sun My NO strip kicks on and helps to wake up the fish. About half an hour later the MH kick on . No startled fish or inverts. At night the Mh shut off and then about a half hour later the NO shuts off leaving only the light from a lamp across the room. gives everybody time to get tucked in for the night and also time to see the night creatures start to move around.

ams153

where are you able to buy the bonnet head sharks.. are they easy to find i mean and how big do they get? like would they be ok in a 220
Sanchez

treybom

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you!!! wow
do u have a fish list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treybom

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG where do u live i have to come stare at ur tank for a couple of days
where have u been though this thread is really old from the last time...
do u have a fish list its probably pretty long
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!