29g The Not So Nano... Nano

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3024614
I'll try and get some in the morning.
Oh and I seem to be missing quite a few snails, all of them actually. I haven't seen any nerites in a while. I'll have to pick up some trochus soon.
And when I told my wife that I should get an emerald crab for the few bubble algae I have she got all excited. "I love crabs they're so cute!" So I'll get one of those guys too lol.
nice, cant wait for pics

worrballer

Oh ya I'm stuck i this hobby lol. Great thing about it: When you run out of money then you get to "appreciate" your tank more lol.
appreciate here means stare at for hours.

worrballer

I'm thinking of getting another clown and a canary blenny, or midas.
I really like the midas, do you guess think that fish would work out with what I have?

worrballer

So... I have flatworms

I'm thinking of getting a sixline. I've heard the do a pretty good job of picking at these little critters.
Or I could try to find a velvet nudi. I like fish so I'm leaning towards the sixline but I've heard about aggression problems.
It'll be my last fish so I'm not expecting any but we'll see.
And I've been battling with myself about drilling my tank. I think I'm going to save myself from the headache and just wait to setup a new tank when we get out of our apartment.

worrballer

I picked up the Flatworm Terminator: Sixline Wrasse

He'll be fat and happy for a long time.
While I was at ***** (I know, I know) I saw they had pep shrimps and got one of those guys for the two heads of aptasia I have.
I'm pretty stoked. Here are pics:

And here is how bad the flatworms got:

That is just two of the worse spots. They are all over the tank.

worrballer

No love, no love. Oh well here are updates anyways.
I got a six line and pep shrimp Thursday. A little aggression from the gramma towards the six line but they settled down now.
So on Friday when I came home from work the six line was stuck behind the rock wall

Couldn't get him out with out hurting him so I took the whole wall out. It's been bugging me for a while because I didn't plan well enough so that was the final straw. On the plus side though I have a lot more rock now lol.
Since I took the wall out I've decided to go ahead and drill the tank. I'll be doing that some time this month so stay tuned.

worrballer

That seems to happen a lot to me in this hobby lol.
Oh I was just creeping your 20l thread. Really nice work on the fuge. What type of skimmer are you running?

swimmer4uus

Thanks, you should have seen the first one I made. barely 1/8" thick. I filled it up with water, and watched it bow like I just made a wave tank. Had to upgrade. Idk what the skimmer is, just used the one from my nano wave 9 since I never used it in there. Couldn't get it dialed in right, and it put out TONS of micro bubbles in the whole tank.

worrballer

I've never had experience with skimmers but I hear a lot of them do that. That's why a fuge/sump is awesome cause you can add bubble traps.
I want to do a 20l in the future and I might have to steal your idea.

Hey sorry buddy, i havent been on in a long time, i will cehck out your pics when i get home, the school computer wont load them. I have good news for my self though. The lady with the 55 wants 200 dollars for her tank. But i found on craigslist, a 125 gallon for 150 with the stand. So I want to buy that one. I will update you with more later today

worrballer

Pretty much. It was a lot more rock than I remember, so it was a pleasant surprise. I'll try to take a picture today.
It looks terrible

spanko

Aw that stinks!! I so wanted to see this tank fill in with corallind and coral. Sorry to hear this...............

worrballer

Me too but fish lives come first.
Plus it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do (I kinda rushed it).
I think it is better to do rock walls on smaller tanks anyway. You can use less rock and it looks a gazillion times better IMO. I'll try it again, don't you worry.