34 Gallon Solana build

patrick8929

Alright guys. Cloudy water is almost gone. Levels are 0. Been ghost feeding. I'm waiting for the water to be completely clear but I think a couple days that will be the case. I think I am ready for the next step when the water has cleared completely

patrick8929

Either a hardy fish (one, or a pair of clowns) or clean up crew, cleaner shrimp? It's all one at a time with some time in between to make sure the tank is ready

jay0705

If u have some alage on the glass try a few snails and see how they do. If all is good after a wk or 2. Add your clown"s". If you want 2 add them together tho

patrick8929

FTS, ive actually had the snails in the tank for a week now. been ghost feeding as well. and levels are all stabilized. i feel comfortable getting a couple of clowns tomorrow. i think the tank is ready for it. i am also going to mount those two actinic led strips to the cover, and run the wires around the frame. should hide them pretty well.

Attachments

jay0705

Now remember once you add the clowns your done!!! No matter what else you find. Give it a good month and then you could add again, fish wise. If the fish are good after a couple weeks you can add a few shrimp, or crabs, ect

patrick8929

You rebel, you.

Best of luck.

Qt them bad boys.
I don't have a QT tank :( they are my first fish though and I won't be getting any others for a while. So my main tank will basically be the quarantine tank.

Yea I don't plan on getting anything else for a while. Maybe a couple mushrooms or zoa frags to see how they do.

jay0705

Those are nice. Yes get a qt!!!!! Your tank is small by sw standards so your possibility of livestock loss is minimal. However once you go big the amount spent on filling those tanks isn't worth risking by not qt.

patrick8929

I'll try and have one set up before I get more fish. Just need a tank and a heater. I have a filter already and I assume I can just use water from my main tank so it doesn't have to cycle? I'll probably just get a 2.5 gallon..