415 Gallon Plywood Tank Build

snakeblitz33

I would like to see a close up of your pumps working and your circulation system... See how the flow directs waste into the overflow box. I'd also like to see your sump in action, and if you have any comments on how you would do it differently or better. I'd also like to hear your comments on if you are going to build an algae scrubber like you planned. Something else that might get my attention is your quarantine system and your frag tank build. If you could, show the lighting system and how it rolls out. I might be interested in doing something like that in the future.
Now that we know when the aquarium is going to be filled.. (finally!) what's the potential stock list? What types of corals are you going to stock it with? When are you going to finally get some light over the tank? What type of lighting are you going to finally make up your mind on? What are you calling your reef?

acrylic51

Thanks guys your asking for a tall order to fill, but I'll see what I can do about getting a video put together.
Seth as far as an algae scrubber, at this point it's not in the works!!!! I've detour quite a bit at times on the build and this would be another an in all honesty with my skimmer and water change regimen that's planned don't think it's needed. Kinda gonna stick with what has worked for me until proven wrong. Not saying they don't work, but feel my fuge and skimmer is plenty. I do have in the back of my mind bio pellets or the Zeovit system if the need arises vs a scrubber.
As far as flow.... Rather hard to show or capture flow carrying junk to the the overflow but I will try. My thinking or ideas come straight from the thread I linked in my thread here. It pretty basic concept when you think about it. I think my issues will be programming the code into the Apex to get exactly what I want. There are some excellent code already written so I'll try that and tweak from there. Not looking to make huge massive waves although I could easily.
I have ideas on what I want or envision the tank. Dominant SPS, but I love my frogspawns and hammers and other little odd pieces. Not totally sure on sand either. Have to decide soon!!!!! I would like an anenome down the road so 1 end will be a lower flow area of course. As far as fish tangs.....Powder Blue, Purple, Achilles..... Tops on my list. A pair of triggere would be nice as well.
Lighting will be LED. 8 channels at this point all totally controllable channels. This will all run through the Apex.

lubeck

I think you would be very happy with reef flakes sand with the massive amounts of flow you have. I recently put them in my 30 gal a few months ago and am very happy. My black OC do not like sand by their corner and were constantly burrowing and blowing it around. With the reef flakes, they still do but it falls very quickly.

srt8

I'm patiently waiting ...................Hurry up! Lol just kidding Shawn, can you say striving for PERFECTION .

snakeblitz33

Shawn has been really, really busy and trying to tie up the last few loose ends with the tank. He told me his goal was to have saltwater in it by this week...
Patience!

acrylic51

Thanks Bob......Still mulling it over....Thinking about cutting down that 1 rock in the corner a good bit to lower it and adding a few others, but relatively happy with the layout........Getting closer for sure.....Need some Weldon for the Tunze mounts and set.....

2quills

Looks good! What exactly are we looking at? haha
Nah, I think the pic looked good, Shawn. Even though you sent it to me after midnight. I'll let it slide this time since I wasnt fully alseep just yet lol.

acrylic51

Seth did you forget about the loc lines behind the LR....total of 8 nozzles are placed behind the rock
Sorry Corey......gonna do a bit of cutting on the piece on the end....