415 Gallon Plywood Tank Build

acrylic51

Not much to update.....been going slow and helping a friend with his setup between work.......
Here's a couple quick pics of the QT tank I started on....Hopefully shortly I get some work done myself.....

Have to get some completed shots.....Still haven't installed the overflow. Not sure if I want it on the end of the tank or across the back. It will be external to conserve on space.

acrylic51

Some quick pics of the rock work layout in the tank....I know a couple have seen them, but for anyone that is curious......Still a few minor details but this is what I have so far.......

acrylic51

Finally got the mounts installed for the Tunzes.....Won't really know if I'm pleased till I get the Tunzes mounted.....

acrylic51

Was a little productive today.....got the yard cut before I started to play with the tank....Tomorrow is definitely out of the picture have a union meeting most of tomorrow so there shoots and production. I have 3 of the 5 Tunzes mounted. Need to figure out a cable securing system, but shouldn't be to difficult.

2quills

Yeah, what's going on over here? You told me you'd be back on the system by july. You still messin with your friends build over there?

acrylic51

Ok guys.....Trying to climb back into the saddle here slowly.......Finally got working again on the frag system and curious as to every ones thoughts on connecting the frag system to the main system. What is every ones pros and cons........

lubeck

Shawn I'm not sure but the obvious of a pro would be the increased water volume and therefore "stability" when connecting it to the DT.

acrylic51

:laughing: tthemadd1..... I have been going through quite a bit and just the amount of equipment I sold off my forst time around would have made most people walk away....so it has taken me quite a bit if you see the changes and such that have gone on.....2 tank builds to be honest which most wouldn't even fathom to tackle....
Anyways..... I full understand about the additional need for equipment which isnt really the issue I'm debating. I do agree with the stability factor, but I guess I'm more concerned about bringing in new specimens and possible having an infestation issue which might make it's way to the main tank being that both would share the same sump. A big issue is red bugs and flat worms...
.most will say to dip first which is fine and dandy but dipping still doesn't ensure everything was removed!!!!

spanko

If you have the equipment and FEEL the need to have a separate frag tank why would you tie it into your display? Are you planning to frag and cultivate for sales down the road? Will the tank be primarily SPS or other or a mixture?