55 gallon (yes i know its a stretch putting it in the nano)

mma-guy

got my tank today. it rules
for 150$ i got the tank, the filter+skmmer, airator, power compact (yeah im upgrading to t5s) 30 lbs sand, the stand, 50lbs live rock, 20 lbs dry rock, and some corals on the live rock. the guy was super nice and his reef was AMAZING. once i get home thursday ill be sure to post pics.

mma-guy

tank is set up, salinity is at normal, its about to cycle and it looks pretty nice. its not fully filled yet cuz im gonna move the rocks around a bit but other than the fact that i need the t5s and the refugium its pretty good.

mma-guy

the whole tank is fine now, cleared up. one of the rocks had about 20 button polyps and they are alive and open. its been about 2-3 weeks with the tank set up and it has barely begun cycleing, the ammonia and the nitrate wont go up or down. anybody got any ideas? done a couple of water changes and filter and powerheads working but its still not really cycling. im really hoping that i can get my cuc soon like in the next three days so... yeah.

fretfreak13

I heard that Microalgea, like cheato, eats up some of the bad stuff in the water. I have some in my sump and my trates are constantly unreadable.
What are you planning for your cuc? =)

mma-guy

cool! ill try that. im plannin on getting an arrow crab, 10 blue legs hermits , 2 zebra hermits, emerald crab, 2 electric blue hermits, and i dont know how many scarlets yet. 3 turbo snails, 3 astrea, and a bumble bee snail, and some turban snails. the last things i guess will b my 2 cleaner shrimps and maybe a sexy shrimp. ill post pics as soon as i get somethin in there.

skate020

sounds good, you got the tank yett?
i got a manderin in the end cos i bought about 10 bottles of pods lols, but mine is one of them special frozen eating ones lols:D

troy989

im postin pics soon also i got radioactive green dragoneyes but they lost a lil color i think there stressed

mma-guy

yeah! one of my rocks has a bunch of tube worms that are poking their crowns out. sure ill post pics later today :). those dragoneyes look like the bomb on world wide... can u only keep softies and zoas with t5s?

mma-guy

lol well the cycles over, and i got a HUGE diatom bloom... gonna order my cuc soon. gonna shorten the lighting and stuff. any other ways to reduce the diatoms? the live rock i got is crazy covered in fan worms and when i walk buy they fly back into their homes its really funny. my buttons are opening up really good now, more and more everyday :)

mma-guy

k so i got my crabs and snails about a week ago. getting first fish sunday!!! post pics as soon as i can. diatoms have gone down a little. i got an arrow crab. he was eating a hermit this morning that died? they all seem fine so i dont know why one would die.

mma-guy

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3186137
hermits always die on me so idk why either

but get ceriths for diatoms!
i have 5 ceriths i think? its too bad i thought they were kinda pretty snails all they do in my tank is bury themselves. now the hermits are just traiden shells all over the place so im happy that theyre happy. the arrow crab is really funny just watching.. fish sunday :) pics 2moro