55gal pics wanted!

pitbull01

Oh!! That is AWESOME!! I see the face! Good luck deciding on fish. Is this tank gonna be a FOWLR or a reef tank?
-Adam

juiced_rl

I am still thinking about that I would like to have something other then just fish. At first I didn't but now after seeing all of the pics on here I want to. I just don't want to spend a ton on lighting. Is there anything that will be happy with just my 40watt? Besides fish

juiced_rl

Why is it that when I post pictures on here they work for a few minutes and then go away? I have never had a problem with any other site I have pictures posted all over and never a problem. Only here??

bret61081

Originally Posted by pitbull01
Bret61080, Bubble tips are exactly the opposite of most anemones. You can tell they are healthy when the tentacles are short and plump-as yours are. When they are long and stringy, they are either hungry, are upset, or not getting enough light!! It looks great!! I also see you finally found a white ghost eel!.
-Adam

Thanks for the info....I try to keep it well feed...3-4 silversides soaked in zoe 1-2 times a week and shrimp ever other week. Basically whatever silver sides teh trigger and eel don;t want go into the BTA(or whatever ones the clown steals!). yes I ordered it back in Feb from the LFS i used to go to all the time by work back in Jan with no luck...I found a MUCH better LFS closer to home and had them order it for me....2 weeks from the order date he had 2 of them! and since then it has been his best selling eel! he always hooks me up since he sells them all the time now. Hes doing really well too...he used to eat 2-3 silver sides everyday, now he makes a lap around the tank everynight to let me know when he is ready to eat so hes been getting one a night...AWESOME FISH! Love it!!

pitbull01

Originally Posted by Juiced_RL
I am still thinking about that I would like to have something other then just fish. At first I didn't but now after seeing all of the pics on here I want to. I just don't want to spend a ton on lighting. Is there anything that will be happy with just my 40watt? Besides fish
You could do feather dusters, christmas tree worms, sun corals (some orange,some black), mushrooms,chili corals(hate light),and sponges. I think with that you could actually have a pretty interesting tank.
-Adam

pitbull01

Originally Posted by Bret61081
Thanks for the info....I try to keep it well feed...3-4 silversides soaked in zoe 1-2 times a week and shrimp ever other week. Basically whatever silver sides teh trigger and eel don;t want go into the BTA(or whatever ones the clown steals!). yes I ordered it back in Feb from the LFS i used to go to all the time by work back in Jan with no luck...I found a MUCH better LFS closer to home and had them order it for me....2 weeks from the order date he had 2 of them! and since then it has been his best selling eel! he always hooks me up since he sells them all the time now. Hes doing really well too...he used to eat 2-3 silver sides everyday, now he makes a lap around the tank everynight to let me know when he is ready to eat so hes been getting one a night...AWESOME FISH! Love it!!
Glad to hear your eel is doing well!!
-Adam

juiced_rl

Yes it is live rock. I picked it up at my lfs. It is Fiji premium. I love the rock every piece has a ton of holes a crevices.

pitbull01

Looks like your off to a great start KevTheIris!! Definetly a whole lot more live rock though. What are your plans for your tank? FOWLR or reef tank? What fish,inverts are you thinking about? Why am I asking you so many darn questions? JK!!!!

-Adam

jayc

Both of yalls tanks are awesome!
I finally got my lights today. I'll try to post some of it tomarrow.

reefman22

Jay C, sorry i am jsut goin through the whole thread. Did u get your stand from pet supermarket? thats where i got mine and mine looks just like urs. where did u get your canopy?

kevtheiris

I'm working on FOWLR for now, once i get some experience I would like to convert it to a Reef tank, once i get some more experience with it... I look atall the tanks in here and get jealous. There is another 55g tank under that one, but right now its empty. Hopefully I'd like to get that one up and running w/in the next year or so, possibly as an agressive tank, not too sure yet. Going to be adding LR to the running tank about every 2 weeks or so, was told not to put too much in at once b/c of spikes, so I'm trying to be careful.

jayc

Originally Posted by Reefman22
Jay C, sorry i am jsut goin through the whole thread. Did u get your stand from pet supermarket? thats where i got mine and mine looks just like urs. where did u get your canopy?
Yep, and I got the canopy from petsmart. It doesnt match exactly since its oak and the stand is pine but its close. They make canopies to match the stand but it wouldnt work for my lights.