55gal pics wanted!

jacknjill

yeah i love my VHO's
i have 1 fully actinic 110 watt and 1 white 110 watt (or maybe the second one is 50/50?) i dont remember lol.
i like them a lot because they spread the light really evenly, dont cost much, and you can get such pretty colors.
ill try to get a pic of my hood tonight when the lights turn off

pitbull01

Originally Posted by philgmiami
nope not at all
so far so good.they say if you keep your fish well fed,you shouldnt have a problem with fish eating your coral
.. i have my fingers crossed

Say what type of angel is that? I know there are like ten angels whose juvi colorations are almost identicle.
-Adam

mattg

Originally Posted by philgmiami
thank you :) its called worm colony rock. i got it at my lfs for 6.99 a pound..the bigger one you see in pic is a lil over 7 pounds. its well worth it. theres soooooooooo many hitchhikers on it
.bristal worms,stars,sea orchids,sponge,lots of coriline..every day i see something new on my live rock.. :joy: .. @night its even better.other things come out at night :joy: .. its well worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I payed 3.50 a # for LR at my lfs :notsure: Hopefully Ill get some hitch hikers in my new tank

gamedawg

Here's mine, first pic was wen I was first starting it up, I had a blenny, russell's lion, yellow tang and humu trigger.
Second was after I moved a couple things around a bit, after my lion died, my blenny died(blockage), attempts at keeping a pakistan, a copperband and a threadfin, and before i got my current clown and panther grouper.

gamedawg

BTW, speaking of live rock, I bought my tank out of the newspaper, and it came with 3 big chunks of LR. I haven't seen anything growing from it, and now that's I've had it for a while, it's got this red stuff all over it. What is that? Is it possible to trade some dead? LR for some fresh LR?

gamedawg

I just changed my tank today, wanted to make more room and something a little more appealing. I like it better now. There is more room now, so I can give my fish a little more swimming space. :) I need to add a plant to the left side though. All the white coral is from my trip to Cancun, the rest is LR.

jayc

Nice!

Heres a pic of mine. Been setup for alittle over 3 weeks. I got the canopy today, and I'm getting (3) 110 VHO's soon.

jayc

Thanks! I know me too. I just ordered the lights for it. I went with (4) 110 watt VHO's, instead of 3.

gafish

Here are some new pics of my 55 gallon, I just added about 40lbs of live rock, a guy just gave it to me :scared: .
It has some hair alge on it but my Blenny and Emerald Crab has been working on it like crazy.
Oh and yes I know that I need to paint the back, I'm working on it