55gal. to 125gal. upgrade *updated pics on the last page*

E

eric b 125

when i upgraded from a 55 to a 125 i used all the water from the 55. that way it was more like a massive water change rather than a whole new environment.

cubnb79

that sounds like a idea there...i've already added 10g from my old tank a week ago from a water change so i might just pull some water out and top off with current tank water...it would prob. be like a 50% water change im guessing

cubnb79

light has been ordered hoping it will be here by the end of the week...72" long 3 metal halide and 4 compacts

cubnb79

yup paid for it couple hours ago...so ready for this to start coming along...got a cool pic. of something in my current tank that im going to post here once my phone emails to me...

cubnb79

just looked it up and i agree that its a asterina star...from what i've read they are pest than anything else???

cubnb79

well new light coming tomorrow so i think i might just go ahead pending water test results which have been good for awhile now...just going to move one thing at a time fish prob. being last but going to use all of current setup water and put it in new tank and hope it acts just like a water change and not do a mini cycle....basically doing what eric b said above...any last min. words of advise lol???

cubnb79

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260885551504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
you get to pick the bulbs and comes with 5 year warranty...there are many different sizes to chose from i got the 72"...it may not be name brand or anything but i think through talks with couple others its going to be a good light esp. for the price...the seller is a good one answered all my questions quickly and is quick to ship will have it within 3 days of purchase...

cubnb79

everything is switched over just missing one fish (hoping hiding in a rock since i cant find him anywhere) got couple pics but waiting for sand dust to settle and will have more pics tomorrow im hoping after new light shows up...algae already growing on scrubber need to yet get some lr to go in sump and many more lr to finish rock in the dt...its a process so pics will be posted as time goes by...before i switched i tested both tanks and pretty much matched on each result...used almost all of old dt water to fill rest of new tank and will be adding old sand to new sand prob. tomorrow and going to try using funnel to keep dust down....that's the plan anyways...im also using 4 kor. 750gph wavemakers and 3 300 watt heaters...

E

eric b 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubnb79 http:///t/389124/55gal-to-125gal-upgrade-and-questions/40#post_3440534
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260885551504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
you get to pick the bulbs and comes with 5 year warranty...there are many different sizes to chose from i got the 72"...it may not be name brand or anything but i think through talks with couple others its going to be a good light esp. for the price...the seller is a good one answered all my questions quickly and is quick to ship will have it within 3 days of purchase...
i've been running a cheap odyssea fixture on my tank for two years and i've had good results. i'm not sure if that's odyssea, but it's just proof that you can get growth from a generic fixture. given, probably not as good as with a "good" fixture, but worth the $ IMO