55GALLON!!! DIARY!!!!!! POST HERE what u think!!!!

clownfish11

I GOT UPDATES---ALOT----
Full tank SHot

cave shot:

Pic of 3 stripe(cant find the one of my yellow):

Sand clam i got a fish market:

my turtle conch:

POST WHAT YOU THINK!!!!
THANK,
CHRIS

hefner413

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2530168
ik there going bak to the fish store when i get my main fish.....but he gets along with the other damsel
that's the biggest things - trying to catch it once it's in the dt. I would get it out sooner than later - before you add any more rock or fish.
But everything else looks great

clownfish11

adn im taking the damsels out before i add any fish, and i think im almost about done iwth LR maybe like 5-10 more lbs but if would have to be fully cured....but thanks for all the comments :)

ci11337

I wouldn't add any more LR, it looks good and i think people put to much in. As for getting the damsel out, if your lucky (and fast) you can get him when he comes to the surface to feed. If not, the best way to catch them is to chase it to one end of the tank, move the rocks so you can isolate him using a window screen. Then, once trapped remove the rocks in the screened area. That way hes in a small space with nowhere to hide.

clownfish11

ill get him when he feeds nad hes really social he doesnt hide that much.....ya im not adding any more LR i dont want it to look to "crowded"...can i get a FTS of ur 55 ci

clownfish11

i caught both the damsles and they are now in my 10gal QT till i take em bak to the pet store nad get a LM blennie.....thanks for hte help :)

kmurray6155

You mentioned that you may put in a few more lbs of live rock and someone said it might be too much. I have a 55 ga with about 70 lbs and will add about another 15 or so. Live rock is esential for proper filtration and tank health.
From some of your pix it looks like you might want to keep your water level a bit higher. I keep mine right above where the glass meets the top black edge. My setup is very similar to yours. I have the same biowheel filter, but it's the 400 model. I have the same skimmer, but it's not producing much at all. Very senstive to adjust.

clownfish11

ya...i had the water like that till i had to reaquascapecuz my rocks fell and water was taken out, but im adding it to the top.....

clownfish11

picked up 2 clowns and there eating and doing great..in a week or two im gonna pick up some time of blenny or goby

ci11337

Originally Posted by kmurray6155
http:///forum/post/2531698
You mentioned that you may put in a few more lbs of live rock and someone said it might be too much. I have a 55 ga with about 70 lbs and will add about another 15 or so. Live rock is esential for proper filtration and tank health.
From some of your pix it looks like you might want to keep your water level a bit higher. I keep mine right above where the glass meets the top black edge. My setup is very similar to yours. I have the same biowheel filter, but it's the 400 model. I have the same skimmer, but it's not producing much at all. Very senstive to adjust.
I read an article recently in aquarium fish magazine in which the author said many people choke their reefs with LR and that in most systems, LS provides all the necessary biological filtration. He also states that "patch reefs" (reefs with LS and a few small LR islands) are more natural and often healthier. I agree with him. I couldn't find the article i read but found another very similar article by the same author. I think it would be worth anyones time to read it. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG
I tried and failed to get a FTS. So i had some fun with paint. If you look at my tank from the side, there is room for the scraper and the siphon on all 4 sides of the rock. this allows the fish to swim all the wya around. I actually have about 70lbs of rock, but much of that is due to the 2 huge pieces of base rock. My tank is still very open compared to many.

A

azul1994

I read that same article, in that magazine. Very interesting, saves you money too!
lol