75 gallon tank build!

snakeblitz33

I think we have something else planned out that is going to be a lot better for the overall system. I guess I'll draw something up in paint later on for Andrew to look at.

xandrew245x

Havent updated for a while, checked my parameters yesterday, i do belive I missed my ammonia spike
Ammonia:.25
Nitrite:.10
Nitrate:30
I had some setbacks and don't have the money for my new sump and ato setup now, so I'm thinking about just adding a refugium to my existing sump.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x http:///t/389883/75-gallon-tank-build/140#post_3454194
Havent updated for a while, checked my parameters yesterday, i do belive I missed my ammonia spike
Ammonia:.25
Nitrite:.10
Nitrate:30
I had some setbacks and don't have the money for my new sump and ato setup now, so I'm thinking about just adding a refugium to my existing sump.
I would save my money on test kits and just check ammonia until it goes to 0, then move on to nitrites and so on...after it's all done, wait a week and retest all three if they are still in the safe zones it's time to add that first fish.
A refugium to the existing sump should work just fine, it doesn't take much room for a fuge.

xandrew245x

Yeah, i have been checking the ammonia for the past two weeks, well i checked it again yesterday and it was still .25 and I was kinda concerned that it hadn't changed at all. So I talked to snake about it and he said I probably missed the ammonia spike, so I checked all three yesterday and my nitrates have went up since about a week ago, so that means my cycling is going as planned

xandrew245x

Well, my cycle is getting close to the end, going tonight to get the supplies to build a housing for my lighting so it doesn't just sit on my tank. I'm still unsure about a stock list, I would like to have a lionfish in the future, but right now I would really like to start with a pair of clowns, and some coral. Share your ideas with me! I'm open to ideas.

florida joe

Quote:
Well, my cycle is getting close to the end,
I am sure as an evolving hobbyist you mean that your tanks is nearing the stage where it can proses organic brake down from toxic to nontoxic forms

xandrew245x

Update: Bought a 20 gallon tall last night for my refuge, I plan on using this as a display refuge. However I have a little problem, I need to move my display tank about 5 inches to the right. How much water would I have to take out of my tank in order to slide it across the floor with some help?

florida joe

I don’t think anyone is going to give you an answer other than all of it IMO no one want to be reasonable for telling you something that may result in your tank springing a leak

xandrew245x

Yes I agree it wouldn't take long to empty it, but the problem is I have nothing to store the water in, and don't really have to much spare money to buy something to store the water in, I'm going to go get a 44 gallon brute trash can, then use the 20 gallon tank and my 5 gallon bucket to get most of the water out, then just slide it the whole 5 inches it needs to move, I really don't think its going to hurt anything

xandrew245x

so, good news, bought a 54 gallon tote from home depot, drained my tank and moved it, put all the water back in and got everything running and my water is all cleared up again. I also got a new connection for my ro system so no more leaking yay! I'm ordering the overflow kit and glass hole saw tonight so I can get my tank drilled and that installed. Then I will need a new pump, or split my existing pump off, and do all the plumbing and the refuge will be hooked up!

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x http:///t/389883/75-gallon-tank-build/140#post_3454900
so, good news, bought a 54 gallon tote from home depot, drained my tank and moved it, put all the water back in and got everything running and my water is all cleared up again. I also got a new connection for my ro system so no more leaking yay! I'm ordering the overflow kit and glass hole saw tonight so I can get my tank drilled and that installed. Then I will need a new pump, or split my existing pump off, and do all the plumbing and the refuge will be hooked up!
Now....Dry the container out and take it back!!!!!

xandrew245x

haha, I think i'm going to keep it, can always used it to store junk it ;P, I plan on taking plenty of pics of my refuge build, going to be drilling it next week hopefully, then it will be pretty much ready to go!

xandrew245x

Also! I do believe I finally figured out what pump I have! I do belive it is a danner mag-drive supreme classic, all I could see on the pump is a model number 95B, did an extensive search found the pump danner mag-drive supreme classic 9.5B looks exactly like my pump and even has the same pre filter, so I do belive it is it. It is 950 GPH with 12' of head, so I'm thinking I would be save splitting my return and sending some to the refuge. Input is wonderful, so give me your .02