90 Gallon build from the stand up

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatright http:///forum/thread/375535/90-gallon-build-from-the-stand-up/140#post_3308727
hey pirate, nice tank , i set my tank up around the same time as you n i have a question, what do you use to glue your frags down n what kind of lighting do you have, thanks for any info

Thank you so much ok i use super glue gel to glue my frags take out your rock and dry it some with a towel then glue your frag or frags to the rock now if the rock is to big to take out of the tank the use epoxy that is reef safe i thank the saltwaterfish sells it here is a name to look up AquaStik Epoxy Putty i use this it is good now when working under water its hard to get it to stick the best is to take out the rock dry then epoxy once you have it in place put back in your aquarium i am running two 250 watts mh and 4 54 watts t5's two 14k mh and two 460nm and two 420nm the hole system is 716 watts for a 90 gallon tank it is more then i need the brand is odyssey and i like the system some people say that the light will cause fires i have went to school for this stuff and i did not see anything wrong with the lighting system as long it has a ground plug you should be ok but that could be just my lighting system it has been running for about all most a year and still running strong i like my light it is a little on the cheap side but it works and i know how to fix if it does go out

isthatright

WOW, that sounds like alot, all i have r 2-65 watt actinic blues n 2-65 watt 10,000k dl, ive thought bout upgrading but not sure yet....but thanks for the reply , n about the epoxy stick , someone gave me some onetime n i couldnt get it to stick, maybe i'll try again.

pirates

The epoxy could have been old but it is hard to get it to stick under water. but if you can take out the rock then dry with a rag just pat the rock then epoxy it helps not as hard to get to stick if you frag a coral use the super glue gel and dry the rock the best you can with a rag just pat the rock with the rag and pat the bottem of the coral before glueing the frag then glue the frag and let sit for about 30 sec. or so then take some water out of the dt and poor the water over the frag and where you had glued then put the frag and rock back in the tank good luck and you need about 6 to 8 watts for some sps corals and clams if you need more info fill free to write me or pm will help all i can and thanks have fun

pirates

Ya I just got my A.T.O today and it is up and running pumping water from my basement up 8' feet then 10' feet then up 19" in. in to the sump YA
I will try to post pics

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida joe http:///forum/thread/375535/90-gallon-build-from-the-stand-up/160#post_3322771
Any problem with heat buildup from the enclosed canopy
Some i have a fan and a chiller on the tank and i try to keep the house at 68 and that seems to help and i build the canopy so that the top and back is open and puting the fan in and blowing the air in and not out works better. I have heat problems any ways from the mh lighting with or with out canopy

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjos http:///forum/thread/375535/90-gallon-build-from-the-stand-up/160#post_3322566
thats awesome!!
Yes it is i do not have to bring up water for top off. I am thinking of puting a T Valve in the line coming up with a shut off so that when i do a water change i do not have to bring up water i can shut off the water going to the sump and turn on the water for water changes but i am still thinking of it do not know if i will do that thow i think that i would be a big help

pirates

Here is a HD Video with my new video camera hope you all like
hit the play then hit the 360p till it is 1080p

flower

Oh very nice, I miss my coral..When I get my tank back in shape, I hope mine looks half as nice as yours.