ACRYLIC51//REQUIEM so i think i just scored on a 6000gallon

acrylic51

Lights......Wow!!!!! that's a tall order, but I wouldn't use anything other than the Lumenarc reflectors.....I don't give a "rats butt" who says the reefoptics are good.....Their candy till you taste a Lumenarc III, and they do make them in DE style as well if you chose to go with DE bulbs......Lumenarcs will reflect more light back into the tank than any other reflector out right now, and they cover a 3'x3', better than other reflectors as well which is your standard 2'x2'.
You might also want to consider something like the light mover rails as well....This would motorize you lights where they could be set up to travel the distance of your tank over a preset period of time.....You'd have to check out SunlightSupply dot com to see the light movers......
As far as pumps I wouldn't use anything other than Sequence on this setup.....You need juice and that's what you'll get....My little HammerHead you should've heard that thing pull when I started it.....and man that moves some water and that's not even their biggest pump.....
Sequence has good customer service and most have rebuildable motors unlike the other puppies out on the market.....they have a 3 year warranty and come with the Baldor motors which are sweet.....you might want to run a combination of them and run them I think in series??? Someone correct me if I'm wrong....
For temp issues your going to want to look at a big chiller....My little 1HP wouldn't help you though, but might.......I personally like the flow through chillers instead of drop in chillers.......your going to need a dedicated 220 line for the chiller itself.....so you'll have alittle wiring ahead of you as well.....Temp controller should come with the chiller....I got the chiller with the expansion valve which can cool alittle cooler than most chillers......
On the same note as the chiller, I would emplore you to purchase a flow switch to protect your chiller in the event of a pump issue.....alot will tell you really no need, but alot of people don't even know what they look like, let alone what they actually do.......this works in conjunction with the chiller controller...
Heaters I would look at either the Finnex heaters or my personal favorites are the Jalli Titanium heaters with separate temp controllers.....A grade above!!!!!
Autotop off I would use something like the Spectrapure which is like a control/metering pump, but very accurate, and would handle your top off needs, or something basic could be built....
I'd also recommend looking in the Neptune AquaController for this setup.....They are super nice and will do alot control wise for your system as well....The only draw back I've found with this and all the other controllers on the market, ie.....Neptune AquaController, Octopus, and ReefKeeper1 and 2 is that they won't control a 220 chiller, that's the downfall of a 220 chiller.....
Let me know if you need suppliers to contact and pricing will get you the info or email me at shwncbb@verizon.net.....

cgrant

WOW! Thats all I can say!

Well...1 thing, I wouldnt want your heating bill when that things running!

(gas/electric)

S

supermanvx

Thanks acrylic...i definetly saved your email. I began looking for some of this stuff...and noticed just the filtration is going to be ~$10,000...and as for the chiller, half of that...so at this point, ill have the tank with nothing in it for a couple months...or sell it, or not even buy it...not sure, but i will figure it out by thursday haha...i might have to do some DIY stuff. thanks again...

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by CGRANT
WOW! Thats all I can say!

Well...1 thing, I wouldnt want your heating bill when that things running!

(gas/electric)
eh i got A LOT of solar panels...the previous owner set it up with the pool in the back, so electricity is really never a problem

sebae09

Do you know know how much a blacktip cost's? close to a grand a piece but i have a propisition for you, however many pacific blacktips you need for half of the price of the other ones. the pacifics are more expensive in stores.

sleasia

supermanvx....you guys are forgetting the list of medications you all are going to need after moving this thing....anotherwords its going to take more than a beer or two to keep you all alive through this ...

oxygen
Nitroglycerin
flexeril
morphine

acrylic51

Originally Posted by sleasia
supermanvx....you guys are forgetting the list of medications you all are going to need after moving this thing....anotherwords its going to take more than a beer or two to keep you all alive through this ...

oxygen
Nitroglycerin
flexeril
morphine
Vicodin would be my first choice to kill the initial pain and there after!!!!!
As far as your pump choices Supermanvx, you'll need to look at the big guns from Sequence, most of your big operations and such if you tank notice to RK2 stuff they use the bigger Sequence models........That brings another thought to my head that you might want to look to those guys for skimmers......They make some really nice stuff and they deal with huge setups of that nature......

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by sebae09
Do you know know how much a blacktip cost's? close to a grand a piece but i have a propisition for you, however many pacific blacktips you need for half of the price of the other ones. the pacifics are more expensive in stores.
good thing i can get a pair for $1200 from my wholesaler. cost of fish isnt a problem, i just wasnt looking into spending 20-25K on the tank...but i will email you when i get a chance later today. i got a big day ahead of me of starting the cycle of my 1400g :jumping: ....Thanks acrylic, i will look into RK2 as well.

ac

I think you would have plenty of room for a couple of PJ's

It makes my pond look like a puddle. Keep us posted on this.

jessecnc

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I'd also recommend looking in the Neptune AquaController for this setup.....They are super nice and will do alot control wise for your system as well....The only draw back I've found with this and all the other controllers on the market, ie.....Neptune AquaController, Octopus, and ReefKeeper1 and 2 is that they won't control a 220 chiller, that's the downfall of a 220 chiller.....
A 220v chiller or whatever can easily be operated with a standard controller. Simply use a motor-starter contactor with a 110vac coil. The Neptune or whatever will control the contactor coil through its standard output, which in turn, will control the chiller.

I work with industrial controls and PLCs, this is how we run large 220/380/440v 3-phase equipment with only a 24vac output!

jhebi

Sweet, I have seen that tank. Hey super is that the tank inside aquatic outlet in LAX. That tank is sweet, so he is selling that one and getting a bigger one? Wow, that tank is huge......It's a nice tank.
Is he going to upgrade for a 10k gl on the same spot at the end of his store?
Sweettttt

acrylic51

Originally Posted by JesseCNC
A 220v chiller or whatever can easily be operated with a standard controller. Simply use a motor-starter contactor with a 110vac coil. The Neptune or whatever will control the contactor coil through its standard output, which in turn, will control the chiller.

I work with industrial controls and PLCs, this is how we run large 220/380/440v 3-phase equipment with only a 24vac output!
I'm not electrical literate, so pics or a site directing me to what I'm looking at would be a great help....

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by jhebi
Sweet, I have seen that tank. Hey super is that the tank inside aquatic outlet in LAX. That tank is sweet, so he is selling that one and getting a bigger one? Wow, that tank is huge......It's a nice tank.
Is he going to upgrade for a 10k gl on the same spot at the end of his store?
Sweettttt

yep tony is gettin rid of it for a bigger one...but he is going to use the same filtration, which im kinda upset...same spot i am assuming....yep like half mile away from LAX...

taznut

wow...i cant imagine something that big... even a 1400 is huge... wow... post pics of your 180 and 1400 when that is set up... wow again...

scsinet

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I'm not electrical literate, so pics or a site directing me to what I'm looking at would be a great help....
I can help you with this, but it'll hijack this thread. Shoot me an email at domains at adtech dot net and we'll talk.

fishnerd

If you need help on specs for this let me know. I design and build life support systems for zoos and aquariums for a living.
Acrylic51- I gotta go with Hayward Super Pump2 in 220v as the best pumps.
PS- I was raised in Harrisburg. Learned saltwater from Mark Scott (Scott's Tru Reef) in the mid 80's

S

supermanvx

cool. thanks guys all the help the better. but im not too thrilled on the filtration being over 20,000 bucks...but well see what i can find