*addicted2's 75 gal tank diary*

zeke92

lol, sebastions tank, thats cute. i really like your tank. i shoulda got better rock so i could do what you did. but my rock sucks shape wise and can't do squat
nice tank

addicted2

Originally Posted by zeke92
lol, sebastions tank, thats cute. i really like your tank. i shoulda got better rock so i could do what you did. but my rock sucks shape wise and can't do squat
nice tank
thanks for the compliment!
Let's see a pic of your tank...every tank is different..you do with what you have and can afford...I'll bet your rock is just fine...I would love to have more colorful coral..but ...as the saying goes..my eyes are way bigger than my pocketbook! And like many I spend more than I should.

ncacura

I always do, just because I think it looks bad. I also think when the back of the tank is clean, the glass is clean, and the sand is clean, it puts more focus on the fish and corals, rather than stuff that doesn't matter.......just my opinion though...

addicted2

Originally Posted by mie
Nice tank. Your blenny looks a little skinny hopefully it's the pic.
which blenny are you speaking of?

addicted2

Let's try this again...one year old shots. first.. one of the first days my tank was up and running..

next..as it is now..

and a few more....
left

middle

right

and another from the end

addicted2

I know what you mean...I started to scrape the coraline off my back glass too as you can see...and it is definitely a job!!....I got the outer crust off (the purple color)...and it left white underneath...but I quit..aside from it being really hard, I liked it more with the purple coraline on the back..so I am hoping it will color up again...if it doesn't..I'll scrape the rest off and wait for it to grow back.

bcott

Beautiful tank! I was wondering how does your hawk get along with your shrimp? Those hawks are one of my favorite fish but the shrimp I currently have has got to be one of the most entertaining things I've ever but in my tank.

addicted2

Originally Posted by kidreef
WOAH that shroom is huge

if you mean the pink one on the top far left?? I know!! I have to get a better pic of just that mushroom! It is growing like a weed and I don't know what to do with it! I am not sure of the exact species..but I thought it was neat when I bought it..it has definitely doubled it's size! man!
and thanks for the compliment!!

addicted2

Originally Posted by bcott
Beautiful tank! I was wondering how does your hawk get along with your shrimp? Those hawks are one of my favorite fish but the shrimp I currently have has got to be one of the most entertaining things I've ever but in my tank.
Thankyou!! I have a cleaner shrimp and a coral banded..and the hawk doesn't bother either one! the only thing I ever saw my hawk doing is once in a great while trying to get one of my snails..but they are big snails..so he just gets exercise and the snails just get a rush!!

kidreef

Originally Posted by addicted2
I know!! I have to get a better pic of just that mushroom! It is growing like a weed and I don't know what to do with it! I am not sure of the exact species..but I thought it was neat when I bought it..it has definitely doubled it's size! man!
and thanks for the compliment!!
it looks like a hairy mushroom

addicted2

Originally Posted by kidreef
it looks like a hairy mushroom
if you mean the pink one on the top far left??.. I don't know..the ones below the toadstool are the hairy ones I believe..the big pink one has large nubs on it's flesh that are spread apart...not sure what kind it is..when I bought it..they didn't even know..(it was at the MACNA this past year in Pittsburgh)

addicted2

My newest addtion to my tank...A tiger jawfish!! He's been busy finding just the right place to set up house...and his name...is *SpaceGhost!
Doesn't he look just like him??!!