*addicted2's 75 gal tank diary*

addicted2

Originally Posted by crt81
I see you have a koralia pump- which one is it?
How many do you have in that tank? I'm getting a 65(on order) and I'm looking into getting a koralia pump & I don't know which one and how many.
They will give more flow and the return pump will be a gen-x (the PCX-30 I belive)!
I have 2 of the #3's...I really like them! They really give alot of flow! It's a nice widely dispersed flow too..not just a steady stream! I think 2 of the 3's are perfect for a 75...

trippkid

Nice tank so far
. What part of central PA, if I may ask? I live in Lewisberry, as you can see, little town near Harrisburg and York.
Matt

addicted2

Originally Posted by trippkid
Nice tank so far
. What part of central PA, if I may ask? I live in Lewisberry, as you can see, little town near Harrisburg and York.
Matt
Thanks... I live about an hour from State College. I have an idea where you are...I travel out to Lancaster to get fish and supplies every so often.
I posted new pics of my tank but they didn't post..hmmm...I'll have to check that out when I get back..I have to run and do a few things in town.

bhfccsr198

i just came back from lancaster ************* to buy all my dry goods i think there fish suck every time i get them they die so i buy from lfs her or from saltweaterfish.com im from wil,m del it about 1 and half hours

addicted2

Originally Posted by bhfccsr198
i just came back from lancaster ************* to buy all my dry goods i think there fish suck every time i get them they die so i buy from lfs her or from saltweaterfish.com im from wil,m del it about 1 and half hours
I get my dry goods there too...very good prices...compared to my LFS...I have only bought a couple fish out there..it's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me...I did have one of the fish I bought out there die...it was a pygmy angel...I had it for a couple months tho..it just disappeared one day..never acted sick or anything...never did figure out what happened. anyway..I do like that store for supplies!

R

reelbigjawn

I had the same thing happen to a rusty angel. Just disapeared one day any never came back. By the way your tank is coming along nicely

addicted2

Originally Posted by azul1994
Sweet tank, whats your stocklist?
In this tank right now, I have:
false percula clown
scopas tang
hippo tang
2 blue/green chromis
flame hawk
lawnmower blennie
pygmy angel
royal gramma
bicolor blennie
diamond goby
yellow watchman goby
green clown goby
brittle tiger star
coral banded shrimp
cleaner shrimp
hermits, snails, bubble tip anemone, feather duster, and a few corals.
everything gets along and has done really well. I try and do weekly 10% water changes (sometimes it is every 2 weeks depending on my schedule) I'm pretty sure that's what keeps my test numbers at 0.

addicted2

I've been adding a few things to my tank and haven't posted lately...so here are a few pics....For some reason the camera doesn't do the colors justice. any suggestions??
right side

left side

another left

another left

full view

R

reefernana

Wow, great looking tank! How do you keep the sand so clean?

addicted2

Originally Posted by reefernana
Wow, great looking tank! How do you keep the sand so clean?
well...in the beginning I had the normal algae blooms like everyone else..but I just had to be patient and persistant with maintanence ie: water changes etc...
....then I got a couple sand sifting gobies (diamond and sleeper)..and now I can say they do the work...
thanks for the compliment.

addicted2

My cute little hawkfish showed a nasty ugly side today
...I was sitting in front of my tank taking a well deserved break from some landscaping (don't get me wrong...I love working in my yard) and right in front of my eyes my hawk grabbed a snail off the glass an preceeded to try and rip him out of his shell dragging him around the tank etc...! Imagine that..! well, I saved the snail. this time anyway.