*addicted2's 75 gal tank diary*

addicted2

Originally Posted by newtankman
Nice tank...Slowmo
I love it!
Ya know..I'm really glad I got his picture that day...he has found a nice comfy spot in one of the caves in my tank and I rarely see more than than one or two of his arms reaching out when I feed. (I slip him a piece of silverside on the sly when I feed my bubble tip anemone) needless to say..he loves that! I have these emerald crabs
that love to steal his treats so I make sure he gets his!

addicted2

Just some new pics of my tank...I have a few small corals .. working on adding some more

here is the orange zoo frag I have..they have doubled in size since I got them..only had 5 "blooms" when I brought it home

This is a pic of my 2 blennies "Queen Midas and Shypoke with my cabbage coral frag (Shypoke is in his comfy cozy clam shell bed under the cabbage coral)

Here is Shypoke with one of my green ricordias

The middle of my tank taken yesterday..Coraline algae is growing like crazy!
and you can see one of my shrooms

And a full view taken yesterday..there's my feather duster in all his glory!

brandan

Wow, tank is looking great. I love the Scopas, I am thinking about putting one in my 55, I know if I do I will get screamed at by everyone, but I got one in at work this week, and it is no more than 3 inches, and by the time he outgrows a 55gal. it will be time for me to upgrade to either a 90 or bigger. How do you like the Pygmy Angel? That or a Flameback is on my fishlist as soon as my new tank cycles, Does he nip at any corals, I havent heard much on those in a reef tank.

addicted2

Originally Posted by Brandan
Wow, tank is looking great. I love the Scopas, I am thinking about putting one in my 55, I know if I do I will get screamed at by everyone, but I got one in at work this week, and it is no more than 3 inches, and by the time he outgrows a 55gal. it will be time for me to upgrade to either a 90 or bigger. How do you like the Pygmy Angel? That or a Flameback is on my fishlist as soon as my new tank cycles, Does he nip at any corals, I havent heard much on those in a reef tank.
Thanks!

My pygmy angel is Great! She constantly picks around the rockwork but hasn't nipped any corals yet..I have had her since Sept of 06' She lived in my QT until my tank was ready for fish..She puts a lot of movement in my tank. I know what you mean about the scopas..they are really nice too...not at all agressive in my tank to the other fish..I love their coloring. go ahead..get one. you won't be sorry.

crt81

You say "Queen Midas blenny", is there any difference between a queen and a regular midas blenny?
I have a midas blenny and I just love mine! Do you?
They have soo much personality :)
Also- I see you have a scopas tang- have you ever had a problem with ick?

Or is that a less likely tang to get ick?
Either way I think that is a pretty cool looking fish if you ask me!

addicted2

Originally Posted by crt81
You say "Queen Midas blenny", is there any difference between a queen and a regular midas blenny?

I have a midas blenny and I just love mine! Do you?
They have soo much personality :)
Also- I see you have a scopas tang- have you ever had a problem with ick?

Or is that a less likely tang to get ick?
Either way I think that is a pretty cool looking fish if you ask me!
Thanks for the compliments! I just call her "Queen Midas", but she is a regular midas blenny. And I have never had problems with ick with my scopas or any fish. I don't know if I have just been lucky or they are more ick resistant.

addicted2

Originally Posted by crt81
I call mine "Maxine"- I'm guessing it's a girl, but if not just "Max"
They just look like a girl fish with those pretty blue eyes..

addicted2

Originally Posted by TriGa22
What did you do to get rid of the algea?
well...i still have a little hair algae..but it has greatly improved! I do weekly water changes and when I do that I also just do a quick "blow off the rocks with a power head to remove any extra debris (which there is very little now) before I siphon out old water to exchange, halide lights are down to 8 hours, I bought a diamond goby that is like a machine!
I don't know..just a little tank maintanence..oh, and i have a phosban reactor. that's all.

monalisa

Absolutely beautiful!!
My daughter is in the process of trying to rid her 55gal of cyano...ugh. I'm really glad that's one thing I've not had to deal with *knock on wood*.
Again, your tank is really gorgeous, and your fish all look SO happy!!
Lisa...

addicted2

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Absolutely beautiful!!
My daughter is in the process of trying to rid her 55gal of cyano...ugh. I'm really glad that's one thing I've not had to deal with *knock on wood*.
Again, your tank is really gorgeous, and your fish all look SO happy!!
Lisa...
Thanks alot! I appreciate the compliment!
You're right! algae can be really frustrating!
But if you're persistant, sooner or later you make headway! With my bio-load (I like alot of fish) I fiannly realized! I can't slide when it comes to water changes! I am faithful where that is concerned! I am thinking of setting up a second tank..we'll see.

addicted2

let's see..I have the weekend coming up off work!

thinking... "I'm in the mood to buy something.." hmmmm...

addicted2

I know...it is green coraline..I really like it too! I have alot more of the purple tho..for some reason the coraline on my back glass is more of the green and what is on my rocks is the purple! I love all the colors!

addicted2

New piece of LR I couldn't pass up! Stands out like a sore thumb huh? It will be nice when it gets some coraline and growth on it!

four more for the heck of it!

crt81

I see you have a koralia pump- which one is it?
How many do you have in that tank? I'm getting a 65(on order) and I'm looking into getting a koralia pump & I don't know which one and how many.
They will give more flow and the return pump will be a gen-x (the PCX-30 I belive)!