ADEE's 125

adee

My husband and I have had fish on and off over the years and never had our "Dream" tank.. we just didnt have the funds really to cover the costs of having a large tank (much less saltwater upkeep) so we started our 37 gallon reef tank as a kind of trial and error and see how we like having the tank, how it goes for us, exc.. obviously we LOVED it and chose to dive head first into the "big girl/boy" tanks" Its not huge but big enough for our bedroom without being over whelming. (we think haha) We got a 125 gallon tank with cherry birch wood stand and canopy. We picked up the rest of our "Essentials" as well. The only thing were missing at this point is a powerhead or two if needed, live rock, moonlight, and a protein skimmer. We plan to pick up everything else we need in the coming weeks (the LR is gonna kill the bank account i already know)
While I wait for our LFS owner to deliver our tank I figured I would start with a few pics.. of what we have here lol!
The tanks wall... and my almost 3yo

Powerstrip and sand

our sump

the owner of the LFS is supposed to be coming over tonight with everything else (we were there when the delivery truck brought our tank/stand and watched them load it into his truck since we had to order our tank/stand) The water guy should also be coming (he fills the tank for you, gonna cost me about 75-100 and its only that much because im on the 4th floor hahaha!) for what it would cost me in salt or actual salt water and the pain of lugging it upstairs, i dont mind

The only "road block" we have had so far is the stand itself isnt drilled but the LFS said he has a drill and will do it when he sets our tank up.

adee

lmao!! i cant wait to see the tank either. i only got to see what we could by peeling back the boxes. i havnt even seen the canopy at all lol. We ordered it sight un-seen. talk about faith in our LFS guy

adee

lol.. its kinda random, i think its for an old phone jack lol.... we dont use it, thats not even the wall the tank will be on.
PICS!!
supplies

putting the canopy on

let there be BRIGHT light lol

cleaned up, put away.. not done with any of the plumbing, need to put a back round on it, need rock, moonlights, water, exc

adee

its freakin huge!!! i couldnt believe how big it was lol. I cant wait till we get it all going

nano-newb1983

Awesome, im looking forward to seeing this build up.. In the spring im setting up my 150gallon, just started getting a few things powerheads,return pump and sump... I will be watching the build close, so keep us posted

adee

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2945884
That's pretty awesome!

:) thank you!!! waking up to it this morning was a little intimidating, last night it didnt look as big hahahahaha
Originally Posted by redsea
http:///forum/post/2945943
nice
thank you

Originally Posted by coralreefer

http:///forum/post/2945950
awesome!!
, do you know what kind of tank it will be (ei, reef, fish-only, agressive, etc...)?
were not sure, the owner of the LFS wants to see us turn it into a reef tank but were not really feeling that... we want to at least have a zebra eel, snowflake eel, lion fish (the owner of the LFS wants to see us buy his cause hes kind of attached to it and he knows were going to have him help us maintain our tank) maybe a blue spotted sting ray, butterflys, hippo tangs, a few other tangs, exc.. more like a community/aggressive tank
Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983

http:///forum/post/2945951
Awesome, im looking forward to seeing this build up.. In the spring im setting up my 150gallon, just started getting a few things powerheads,return pump and sump... I will be watching the build close, so keep us posted
:) thanks!! good luck to you with your tank too

grubsnaek

i have a 125 mixed reef. i am using 2x koralia #4's. plenty of flow...what type of lights are they. not that it matters cause this a fish only tank. but what kind of lights are you running. also are you running a fuge, skimmer. sorry for the questions but give us some specs. haha

adee

we have a wet/dry sump. we didnt want to do a refugium. We also have a skimmer, the sump just got setup today. We just have marinelane natural light, lights...

adee

we have rock!!! (and sand and some water) The rest of the water is coming tomorrow.. but the rocks are already formed and being kept wet. We got 140lbs of live cured fiji rock.. it looks AMAZING but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see it, we got 80lbs of sand too.. we might add another bag tomorrow or so.