ADEE's 125

adee

yeah, sorry.. i cant see the sand bed in that pic. you have a ton of rock in there!! your canopy in that tank is HUGE

redsea

very nice rockwork ADEE good job on the tank! cant wait to see it with everything in it! KEEP US UPDATED!lol

gowebster

Ihope you didnt use that windex that is on your book stand on your glass..heard it will kill everything in the tank ..Very neat tank you got there..

adee

Originally Posted by gowebster
http:///forum/post/2952982
Ihope you didnt use that windex that is on your book stand on your glass..heard it will kill everything in the tank ..Very neat tank you got there..
thats not my tank... lol.

aquaguy24

sweet setup..i like the new rock work better....u should think about pushing the bottom rocks deeper in the sand just incase u have a sand digging fish or invert so the rocks down come crashing down....

devil dog

Originally Posted by ADEE
http:///forum/post/2952815
yeah, sorry.. i cant see the sand bed in that pic. you have a ton of rock in there!! your canopy in that tank is HUGE
yeah sorry... The tank is just about 7 feet tall... See if this one is any better...

adee

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/2953458
sweet setup..i like the new rock work better....u should think about pushing the bottom rocks deeper in the sand just incase u have a sand digging fish or invert so the rocks down come crashing down....
thanks for the fair warning
the first rock setup wasnt mine, the guy that did it didnt push the rock all the way down. I did though

worrballer

I love the two islands, or whatever you wanna call them!
Do you have anything special in mind for the middle or leave it for swimming room?

adee

no, we already ordered, paid for (and received, its just sitting at our LFS in QT until our tank is ready for them) a cortez ray, whitebelly puffer and our SFE will be in there. My blue hippo tang (is in my small tank right now) will be going in there in addition to maybe a butterfly, another type/color tang which were still undecided about and maybe one more fish, were still researching that idea... The extra room was for the ray.. extra beach and swimming space.

adee

ok, after continuted research were ditching the idea of the puffer.. from what ive read online they do not do well with the stingrays (nipping eyes, tails, disk, exc) I would however like to know which creatures are safe with the stingray... we need some kind of clean up crew for the tank. Is there anything that *is* safe for both the ray and the "creature"... we were considering a diamond goby for cleaning the sand... would that be okay?
I also wanted a emperor angel but from what ive read they too arent safe for the ray so we nitched that... Our stock list is as follows...
Snowflake eel (already have)
Zebra eel (if we can get it around the same size as our SFE, dont have* to have)
Cortez stingray (already have at LFS, paid for)
Copperband butterfly (may nitch, ive heard they are tough to get going)
Longnose butterfly
Raccoon butterfly
Yellow tang
Naso tang
Blue Hippo tang (already have growing up in the 37)
Diamond goby (are they safe with this list of fish?)
So... is that too much in terms of bioload? The fish we would be willing to nitch are the copperband, longnose butterfly.
With this list of fish, assuming we had proper lighting.. could we do a plate coral or two, maybe some zoos and mushrooms?
Oh and the sump is nice :) I dont mind it one bit.. i love that there isnt a tone of stuff hanging in the tank like in my smaller one. We picked up two Koralia (1's) for the tank and they are right in the middle on timer powerstrip, every 20 seconds one comes on and the other turns off. We have plenty of movement in the water now

crypt keeper

Naso is going to get way too big. You have a list of 10 fish that all get decently sized. You are overstocked by about 4 fish. Skip the zebra eel if you plan on having the SFE. 1 will be enough. With certain fish you will just need better flow. I would have gone with 2 korilla 3's and plug one on each side. Find any dead spots point them at it and have them on 24/7. Most of the detrius and left over food will be build up by your rocks and in them. If you keep the ray well fed you should worry too much. I would get a couple turbo snails, about 10 hermits.
Diamond goby can reach up to 6 inches. They are one of the bigger gobies. It would help but I would stay away from them if that is the only reason you are planning on getting one.
I would do.
Snowflake
Ray
Yellow Tang
Blue Tang
hippo tang
butterfly of choice.
That would be a great mixture. Be a decent bioload as well.

crypt keeper

Copperbands do better if bought smaller. Under 3 inches. Id go with the longnose. I would wait till your rock and sand have been established. So about 6 months. They seem to do better in established substrate

adee

what about the threadfin butterfly? the longnose is cute but very similar looking to the yellow tang
When you say blue tang which one were you talking about? Stinks about the naso.. i really liked the way they looked. Instead of the diamond goby, what do you think of the pink and blue shrimp goby?

crypt keeper

I have nothing against the diamond goby. I just think if you are getting one to sift through the sand to try and clean it its pointless if thats the only reason. Now if you want one cause you like them and actually want the fish then yeah they are great. Get a bigger one. The tangs will clean any algae. You will just need to do some elbow grease every few months.