http:///forum/post/2960868
skip out on the yellow tang. Everybody has one get the CBB or the long nose
lol... we ended up getting a
yellow tang
double saddleback butterfly
cortez ray
snowflake eel
a pink and blue shrimp goby
rescued my firefish from my other tank who had a busted up top fin that is now coming back
hippo tang (in the small tank until it gets bigger)
a bunch of snails
the ray believe it or not was the first put in and hes doing great, we acclimated him for 3hrs using drip method... water levels are doing fantastic (our LFS owner had us treating with niteout as precaution) no problem with cycle (we used fully cured rock, his water, and approx 50-60lbs of live sand)
our snowflake eel has already been sucked up by our overflow system and saved... so hows that for an update?
can see how big the butterfly is, how small the ray is too

butterfly

we should totally call him lucky after saving his butt from the overflow pipe!

what are these guys good for lol!! i was expecting a sandsifter, not a fish that just hangs out all day lol

my freakin awesome yellow tang (i love this fish) husband named him bubbles (After nemo.. yes)

Dory.. in the small tank, just figured since shes on our "list" i would show her too

Cortez sting ray "Ray" (yes, husband named him too)... anyone have any idea how to --- a stingray?

tank overview again.. shows how small ray is.

for those people who are going to get on my case about the cortez ray.. it has plenty of space, its TINY! its smaller than my butterfly even. By the time it gets too big for our tank we plan to have another cycling (were thinking something along the lines of 300 gallon, which weve already started pricing)

adee

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/2962624
that sting ray is itty bitty. Gorgeous set up! Congrats
thank you
were certainly excited!! and yeah, our sting ray is reallly tiny... i cant get over how active it is. I actually wanted to post a thread about him. hes constantly on the move and never in the sand with his body covered. Almost makes me a bit concerned about him. When he does "Sleep" he sticks himself to the side of the glass and lets himself fall to the sand and just stays there (Thats how we know hes sleeping)

adee

my yellow tang seems to think it looks like a pretty good idea...

the anemone is only a snack for the butterfly and will be removed eventually...
oh and "bubbles" was looking at the firefish a bit odd today lol.. yikes! i know its a bit blurry but i couldnt resist posting it

salt life

very nice tank, the stingray should be happy in there for a while, I wouldn't worry about it, you will know when the time comes.

adee

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/2963030
very nice tank, the stingray should be happy in there for a while, I wouldn't worry about it, you will know when the time comes.
thank you.. hes SOOO tiny and from what ive read they average like an inch or something to their disk a year, were planning an upgrade in a year, maybe two and get a 300+ so i cant imagine it wont be fine until at least then. We love him, hes sooo neat!
thanks for the compliment, were really enjoying it so far... with the exception of our heart attack two nights ago with the eel getting sucked up in the overflow pipes!
THANK G.OD i convinced my husband to help me find it...

salt life

Originally Posted by ADEE
http:///forum/post/2963036
thank you.. hes SOOO tiny and from what ive read they average like an inch or something to their disk a year, were planning an upgrade in a year, maybe two and get a 300+ so i cant imagine it wont be fine until at least then. We love him, hes sooo neat!
thanks for the compliment, were really enjoying it so far... with the exception of our heart attack two nights ago with the eel getting sucked up in the overflow pipes!
THANK G.OD i convinced my husband to help me find it...
np, and I hear ya, the first night I got my Chain link moray, he went down the pipes and was hiding behind the stand, found him in time and through his butt back in the tank.

crypt keeper

Becareful with the tang chasing the firefish. They are very skiddish fish and if bullied too much it wont come out of hiding and will starve to death. It actually would do alot better in your nano if you have less aggressive fish. How big is your hippo tang?
That butterfly nipping at that anenome is awesome.

adee

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/2963043
np, and I hear ya, the first night I got my Chain link moray, he went down the pipes and was hiding behind the stand, found him in time and through his butt back in the tank.

ugh!! lol.. im wondering how many times its going to go down the pipes before we master recovering it... what a freakin mess that was, bioballs everywhere, parts i didnt even know came out of my sump, and then catching it was a JOKE! lol.. glad to hear its not just mine.. little boogers!

Originally Posted by crypt keeper

http:///forum/post/2963044
Becareful with the tang chasing the firefish. They are very skiddish fish and if bullied too much it wont come out of hiding and will starve to death. It actually would do alot better in your nano if you have less aggressive fish. How big is your hippo tang?
That butterfly nipping at that anenome is awesome.
the plan was to save the firefish from getting picked on which obviously turned into a bust.. it was getting picked on by my other firefish that was living in the nano (i have a pair) so i caught him and tossed him into the 125.. today was the first time i saw the tang eye balling it. When I catch it (notice WHEN) i will put it back into the nano.. poor guy cant catch a break!
the hippo tang is maybe 2" long and i think that might be exaggerating it... i think its too small to put it into the 125 yet, dont you think? I thought the butterfly nipping was pretty cool too (thats why i had my camera handy lol) but its all fun until someone gets hurt.. the anemone is already moving its foot under one of the rocks as an effort to get away (i think)

crimzy

Your tank looks beautiful... BUT (sorry)... did you really just add all of those fish at the same time to a new setup? Even if you started this tank with cultered sand and rock, this massive increase in bioload is very likely to cause problems. You shouldn't stock a tank in a day or two. As a general rule of thumb, I try not to add fish more than once per month and I will never add more than 2 at a time.
Watch your levels carefully. It is likely that in the next 7-14 days you will get some ammonia or nitrites in your tank, (which are toxic to fish). Feed lightly and make sure you do lots of water changes to get through this stage.
Again, good luck.

adee

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2963067
Your tank looks beautiful... BUT (sorry)... did you really just add all of those fish at the same time to a new setup? Even if you started this tank with cultered sand and rock, this massive increase in bioload is very likely to cause problems. You shouldn't stock a tank in a day or two. As a general rule of thumb, I try not to add fish more than once per month and I will never add more than 2 at a time.
Watch your levels carefully. It is likely that in the next 7-14 days you will get some ammonia or nitrites in your tank, (which are toxic to fish). Feed lightly and make sure you do lots of water changes to get through this stage.
Again, good luck.
thanks crimzy, we did go a bit fast but did one at a time over the course of about 10 days (there are currently 6 including the ray and eel total) so no, we didnt add them all at once but we know we went a bit fast for a new tank (even though the water and rock were cultured). We have been using niteout (per the owner of our LFS) but we will be watching very closely... thank you for the heads up. Thank you for the compliment...

redsea

Originally Posted by ADEE
http:///forum/post/2962559
lol... we ended up getting a
yellow tang
double saddleback butterfly
cortez ray
snowflake eel
a pink and blue shrimp goby
rescued my firefish from my other tank who had a busted up top fin that is now coming back
hippo tang (in the small tank until it gets bigger)
a bunch of snails
the ray believe it or not was the first put in and hes doing great, we acclimated him for 3hrs using drip method... water levels are doing fantastic (our LFS owner had us treating with niteout as precaution) no problem with cycle (we used fully cured rock, his water, and approx 50-60lbs of live sand)
our snowflake eel has already been sucked up by our overflow system and saved... so hows that for an update?
can see how big the butterfly is, how small the ray is too

butterfly

we should totally call him lucky after saving his butt from the overflow pipe!

what are these guys good for lol!! i was expecting a sandsifter, not a fish that just hangs out all day lol

my freakin awesome yellow tang (i love this fish) husband named him bubbles (After nemo.. yes)

Dory.. in the small tank, just figured since shes on our "list" i would show her too

Cortez sting ray "Ray" (yes, husband named him too)... anyone have any idea how to --- a stingray?

tank overview again.. shows how small ray is.

for those people who are going to get on my case about the cortez ray.. it has plenty of space, its TINY! its smaller than my butterfly even. By the time it gets too big for our tank we plan to have another cycling (were thinking something along the lines of 300 gallon, which weve already started pricing)
awesome tank!

nissan577

wow ADEE the tank is
i wanna drive up there just to go see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!
and love the RAY!

adee

thanks you two!!
hey nissan, when you make your way up here to go to that shop you can stop by and see the big tank
were LOVING IT!