ADEE's 125

fishkid13

Originally Posted by ADEE
http:///forum/post/2994785
i honestly havnt had time and when i did have time i had my camera in my car charged and ready for my friend whos due to have her baby any day.
Ya a one more person to the hobby.
That is cool, my cousin was born what felt like just a year or so ago and now she is 3. What is your current stocklist?

adee

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2995307
Ditto that...
...and remember, Crimzy is a lawyer so it's ok not to like him very much.

lol... i dont mind him at all, i would rather (as ive said 100xs) take some harsh criticism and not loose fish/money then be stupid and do what i want and loose fish/money. I honestly appreciated his input
Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2995419
amazing tank ADEE!
thanks!!
Originally Posted by fishkid13

http:///forum/post/2995451
Ya a one more person to the hobby.
That is cool, my cousin was born what felt like just a year or so ago and now she is 3. What is your current stocklist?
The kids grow FAST!!! my younger son turned 3 yesterday and my older boy will be 5 in June.. its crazy how fast it goes...
as for current stock-list we have:
*yellow tang
*cortez stingray
*snowflake eel
*choc. chip star
*snails
*horseshoe crab (that i rarely even see)
we removed the goby and returned it to our LFS, it was just taking up space in the tank and wasnt sifting sand or serving any purpose... didnt even swim around. eventually we will get a diamond goby for the tank.

crimzy

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2995307
Ditto that...
...and remember, Crimzy is a lawyer so it's ok not to like him very much.

This was an unprovoked attack!!!
What did I do?

Socal... I'm watching you now...

B

brue102

just wanted to say how amazing your tanks are I have my first saltwatwer tank (37Gal.) looks just like yours. I have alot of questions and concernes and I have to say reading your threads has helped alot my tank is about 2 months old i have a clean up crew a coral shrimp, brittle star fish, a camo crab. I think Im ready for my first fish I want a pair of clowns
. my nitates 10, nitrite 0, amonia.12 ph 8.4 from what i can tell not to bad. Im concered with my lighting I have a 65watt coralife light I should have gotten the double but you know $$ well if you have time let me know what you think or any advise u might have. again your tanks are great and ive enjoyed your progress...ttys I hope.

spanko

Originally Posted by unclebill
http:///forum/post/2999255
No but you're an active user of my site.

I added a new category for you.
I am old, gonna need a bigger hint. Can you PM me on the other site?
Sorry for the small hijack Adee.

If I may ask...I live in SWFL Your stand and canopy is beautiful...
Where did you get it and how much was the tank stand and canopy.

adee

Thank you very much for the compliment... im actually in south east florida (about an hour north of miami along the coast) I purchased my tank, stand and canopy from a private store that is local to us as a special order. Selected it from a magazine lol..I would prefer to not disclose what we paid for it but we did get a great deal on the entire set up.

diegoluv

I stumbled on this thread through people at one of our local LFS here in San Diego. We were talking about how ridiculous people can e on here. I mean Adee, you have done everything wrong. Whomever you are going to for advice at your LFS should be shut down by FEMA. They are obviously just trying to sell you whatever they can. A Cortez in that small of a tank!? Thats just plain cruel. The rock you have is by no means live fiji rock. If you paid more then 1 dollar a pound for that, they saw you coming on that one too. That rock looks like the lava rock our LFS' have on their dry goods shelves. Your protein skimmer is not adjusted properly. You should be getting a slightly tinted skimate forming in the cup, not the thick skimate you are getting. That means you arent skimming the fine particles out of the water, just the larger more noticeable. We use "natural seawater" here in San Diego that Scripps institute of oceanography (lrgest, most respected college for aquatic research in the world) provides us aquarists free of charge that it filtered through industrial grade mechanical filters. The same water also supplies sea world and the scripps aquarium here in san diego. Point is that just bcause you are using "natural seawater" dosent mean your gravity should be any higher.
I really think you should do yourself, the rest of the people on this board, your fish and other fish you are potentially planning on ruining, the courtesy of doing just a little bit of research before you go spend all your tax refund money on an aquarium because you think Nemo, Dori and Bubbles are cute and you want one.
Give us people that really care a break and stop making us look like wannabee oceanography fools.

adee

first of all your way out of line. You have no idea who I am, who the store is I go to and to be quite frank your opinion wasnt asked for at all.
The cortez ray I purchased was by my request, it was purposely bought small so we would have plenty of time in our "large tank" before we planned on purchasing a larger tank to go in our living room, since you asked.. did you not even pay attention to just how *small* it really is? For G-ds sake my yellow tang is bigger then the ray. The skimmer works great as a matter of fact... the picture was taken shortly after the tank was stirred up causing the skimmer to work harder.The rock is not fiji rock this im aware of now, its actually Haitian rock if you must know, we know now that it isnt even legal for sale but it was imported live, not off some LFS shelf. Thats wonderful you get free natural seawater, I dont mind paying for it though.. so "good for you". FEMA shutting down my LFS, give me a break. seriously... dramatic much? Furthermore, do you have no life that you stand around talking about threads from a WWW, i mean really.. dont you have something better to do with your time? and why the reference to NEMO, there is *not a single* fish in my tank from the movie.. nor was the movie even brought up in this thread... and wtf about your "give us who care a break" again, you have NO IDEA who I am and whether I care or not move on diego to another thread where your comments make more sense, do *us* all the favor...and do yourself a favor and stop making yourself look like a fool

diegoluv

I arrest my case....
No need to be angry Adee. I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. I just have the &*%#$ and the care to say it.

adee

Originally Posted by diegoluv
http:///forum/post/3018384
I arrest my case....
No need to be angry Adee. I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. I just have the &*%#$ and the care to say it.
you arrest your case? or rest your case? would be kinda silly to lock up your last statement, even if it was rediculous
again.. your the one who wasted your time. I have openly said i have no problem with criticism, im not mad. your just an idiot, and you just cant fix stupid
have a nice day