Algae issue

just a nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/385763/algae-issue#post_3385041
Betting it has to do with fish in a too small tank
this person has not been back to answer any questions.....that were asked
I had not been back due to the fact that others took the thread in directions that were not helpful. I did not ask for, nor do I want input on what fish I should or shouldn't have in my tank. I gto the point from several posts that algae wa sa common occurance and that I should not do anything to address it other than use a mag float that I do have. The most accurate information is that the bow front is too curved for a mag float to work well. So as also mentioned I have a scrub pad that I can use to clean the glass.
All other input in this thread, especially that about what fish are in the tank is off topic, and frankly offensive. I could go into how long the coral beauty has been in there and how healthy he and the other fish are and what the future plans are for these fish and tank size, but that was not the point of this thread.
Now, So this thread can be useful in the event someone else runs across it and has the same question, I will report that I added a phosphate and silicate remover such as those you can find on this site and it has made a drastic difference. In just the first few days it has cut the algae growth on the glass by at least 50%.

meowzer

Glad to hear you are having success with your additives....BUT, anytime you ask a question regarding algae...it opens up all the questions about your tank in general INCLUDING livestock.....YOU CAN NOT put fish in an inadequate tank and NOT expect to have problems
If you were offended ....well gee....IDK what to say about that, BUT will not apologize for stating facts about proper care, including livestock, that should be done or considered....What you do with your tank is your own business.....BUT when you ask for help....expect to hear all the opinions/crticisms/advice that goes along with it

just a nano

Fair enough, I will no longer consider this forum as a supportive place to turn to and will ask my questions elsewhere.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Nano http:///forum/thread/385763/algae-issue/20#post_3385534
Fair enough, I will no longer consider this forum as a supportive place to turn to and will ask my questions elsewhere.
You are looking at it all wrong....this is one of the best forums out there, with a LOT of very very knowledgeable people
You just have to take ALL of the facts of this hobby into consideration....NOT just what you want to....Sorry to say livestock is a major factor of what is going on in your tank
IF you don;t want to stay here...cause you did not get the answers YOU wanted as compared to facts of knowledge..well then nothing we can do about it
good luck....wish you and your fish nothing but he best

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Nano http:///forum/thread/385763/algae-issue/20#post_3385534
You misunderstood my first post to you..it seems you are all set to jump up and down and scream abuse no matter what. Sad to see you leave so fast...I guess you are just too smart to need any advice and only want a certain question answered and not be bothered with us in general....I just...can't....well you know.......... feel bad about that for some reason.

gemmy

I'm confused.
How is a mag float difficult to use on a bow front? I use one on my bow front with no issues.

1guydude

ya idk lol i was just making a suggestion....i use a sponge handle thing on the back all but not on the front....i wish this person was a lil more understanding...
The people was just tryin to help!

spanko

IMO you do need to find a way to reduce your nitrates as they are fueling the algae outbreak. Are you using the stock filtration? Is the tank in a room with a lot of ambient light from outside?

1guydude

It is a pita meowzer but still possible.....spanko the person has already said he is leaving and never coming back! =( he didnt last long.....not tryin to be mean, just saying. Some people dont like to READ wat they dont wanna hear i guess

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/385763/algae-issue/20#post_3385809
It is a pita meowzer but still possible.....spanko the person has already said he is leaving and never coming back! =( he didnt last long.....not tryin to be mean, just saying. Some people dont like to READ wat they dont wanna hear i guess
Never said it was impossible.....just a PITA LOL

spanko

I have found that the smaller magfloats work better on the curve in the glass on the biocube.

Q

quik z06

Quote:
Im sorry to say if your skin is that thin and you cant listen to people's advice or help...than the internet is definately not a place for you to go. Dont ask for advice and expect people to praise you and answer your question fully CORRECTLY without digging deeper to find the root of the problem. I'm on a few other forums, and people here seem to be a bit more helpful and friendly. Good luck on your search for a "Yes Ma'am/Man" forums, and a heads up....LFS arent the best places to get advice.
On a side note, I do find this thread helpful as I just started out my tank myself and am getting a noticeable increase in algae myself. Thanks for the input.

travelerjp98

honestly, even though I am fairly new, this is my favorite forum. I'm on a couple of others, but I really like this one the best.
I guess a lot of people are HONEST on this forum and won't praise you for stuff your doing wrong.
At first I thought a similar thing, but then I learned the wonderful people and the honesty. I love this forum site.

1guydude

true dat man...im on no other site. I did look around a lil though and when i found this one, i knew it was the one! The people on here are honest and quite nice imoe. Sometimes the truth hurts! The people mean the best though u know, just tryin to help and move the hobby along!

meowzer

YUP.....I have browsed a few others, BUT ONLY for selling and buying....OR for a specific Seahorse issue
I like this one the best...obviously...LOL...peeps are a lot friendlier too :)

1guydude

lol ya obviously with 30,000 posts! How u doin btw meowzer? Seems uve been taking a break lately! Not to mention all that bad weather over their!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/385763/algae-issue/20#post_3388312
lol ya obviously with 30,000 posts! How u doin btw meowzer? Seems uve been taking a break lately! Not to mention all that bad weather over their!

I'm here...lol...and doin fine....Just not a lot to answer to, and if the subject is covered already why add my .02 LOL
Rightn now it is HOT....gonna go out on my raft in the pool shortly

1guydude

Quote:
HOT....gonna go out on my raft in the pool shortly
right on.....justify HOT, for instance its a whoopin 75 here today and tommorow and we consider that hot!