American Idol Winner?

renogaw

Originally Posted by texanangel
I'm in Denton, 30 miles north of DFW.
And what in the heck was Blake doing in the bottom 3?
he can't sing country. all the cowboys that listen to it thought it was an insult and voted for the nasally chris...

texanangel

Nah, I married a cowboy (though a chemist at heart) and he liked Blake's rendition of the song, though Phil was his favorite. We voted for both of them.

torno

Phil or Lakisha will be gone next, within the next two weeks.
JORDIN FOR THE WIN! (if not her, melinda)

myreef05

Originally Posted by Seattle
I'll change my avatar to a Jordin craze once and hopefullynot Haley goes home.She got boomed with popularity latley.Alot of my friends do voting parties now she aint going anywhere soon

Time to change huh?

renogaw

thread revival!!!
past few weeks have been predictable. now it gets down to the nitty gritty. it will definitely be lakisha tonight, blake next week, and dolittle the final week, with jordin winning it.

seattle

Ok my favorite was Lakisha since the top 24,but during the top 12 Haley was my favorite,then she got voted off and then I noticed as my old favorite,she is my favorite now.I disliked Jordin when she started to act like

[hr]

[hr]
,a slob.

seattle

Ok my favorite was Lakisha since the top 24,but during the top 12 Haley was my favorite,then she got voted off and then I noticed as my old favorite,she is my favorite now.I disliked Jordin when she started to act like

[hr]

[hr]
,a slob.
If only I could find a Lakisha avatar,now.
I predict this happening.
4.Blake
3.Jordin
2.Lakisha
1.Melinda I could live with this

renogaw

last night was just horrible. way too rushed and you could tell simon was getting ticked off.
the only one safe IMO is jordin tonight, and even she stunk on her second song.

texanangel

I don't know, Blake's the only guy left, and that could give him an edge.
Though, to be fair, the show seems to want a female to win this year. They don't have a female pop idol right now, and wasn't it about 75% of the people who made it to Hollywood were female?
I work in the entertainment business, and trust me, there's no such thing as 'reality' tv. Only when a contestant gets bigger than the show can the public change what the 'higher ups' want. IMO.
In any case, I want the final two to be Melinda and Blake.
I do think Jordin has a long career ahead of her, however I think she would be better suited to Broadway. Plus girl's voices do change (though most people don't know it) it happens between the ages of 21 and 25. Her voice is a bit too strong to make the transition easily. She'll be fine, but I don't think she's ready to carry a show on her own.
Melinda is a real pro, but I don't sense much of a stage presence. Her vocals can't be beat, and she seems to love music, it's like her alter ego. Yet, I'm not drawn to her the way I want to be. I think she's been in the back too long, but I think she can learn to connect more. And I really hope she can be more current.
Blake is a true artist, musician. I think he will go far, and I hope he gets to do his own music. Many of his arrangements have been musically brilliant, and difficult. But I'm afraid that he might be too much a musician and not enough of an entertainer. I'm glad to see someone willing to take risks and stick to their own style.
I'm glad it has come down to these three (though I'll get Phil's album if he goes country). I would like to see Blake win, but I still think a girl's going to take it.

seattle

Yeah Blake is so good....Check out www.votefortheworst.com
AKA THE Supporters of Sanjaya,Phil,Antonella,Lakisha,and now you guessed it BLAKE! Blake beatboxes to be liked,he is like Sanjaya being an entartainer and getting funky hairstyles.Jordin is just a fresh young lady*17*that is by far the best singing 17-year-old in my opinion.I didn't expect Lakisha to leave but for 2 weeks Blakes time was up.
Votefortheworst users wanted Blake to be there new pick for 3 picks,They got it finally.And since Lakisha and Phil got voted off right when VFTW picked them it will be a Jordin/Melinda finale,Oh and the site that records all the votes has Blake at the bottom,and all the american idol polls.So your precious blake will be poof! But,that is good for him cause he can sing almost anything readily,oh and Sanjaya is one of the most famous people out there now
. I think Melinda should be crowned over Jordin cause it would give Jordin/Blake there own originality.

renogaw

i find it funny that they said "when you do your record" to blake and melinda but not jordin... :thinking:

texanangel

Hmm...I can't really tell if 'Seattle' is mad at me. I never even said I liked Blake's music (which I really don't, not the beat boxing, though I love the tone to his voice). But musically speaking Blake and Melinda (who I desperately want to develop more charisma) are technically better, again, in my opinion. The intervals they sing with such ease, especially Melinda, astonish me.

seattle

I'm not.I actually just don't want a votefortheworst pick to win cause they trying to rid of idol.I live close to Blake's home! If VTFW Supported no one i'd be happy.

seattle

OMG*Faints*That is the 1st person i've seen that hates Jordin she is 17 and sings just as good as Melinda and Blake! I think they are equal to win it but Blake is predicted to be voted off on Dialidol.Which always predicts the order of the top 5 right.