Another one of my tanks

loopy101

Originally Posted by mpkev31b
http:///forum/post/3080005
you're taking my point way out of context loopy, i have no idea how you interpreted 3x5 prison cell to a fish being incarcerated.. for something it did wrong?? ..
my point was you should treat your animals the way you would like to be treated in the best way you can that makes them happy.
anyway im done commenting on this , seeing the author of this post wont listen and will just keep adding smart ass remarks.
MPKEV I WANT TO SAY IM SORRY TO YOU! THE QUESTION I ASKED AT THE END WASNT MEANT FOR YOU IT WAS MEANT FOR LOCO. I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING AND AGREE. WHAT I WROTE MUST OF CAME OUT WRONG AND I AM SORRY!

patrick8929

locoyo386, what was the point of this thread? i understand your just sharing your aquarium but im sure you know that the people on this site are very passionate about the saltwater life, and they would give you there advice and opinion about your tank. did you expect every one to just say yay! it looks great? and im sure if you really did the research about keeping a trigger like this in an aquarium you would have seen that they need a large tank. maybe you researched facts about it but not how to take care of it? im not trying to get into an argument with you im just giving you my opinion.

locoyo386

Hi there,
Originally Posted by patrick8929
http:///forum/post/3080065
locoyo386, what was the point of this thread? i understand your just sharing your aquarium but im sure you know that the people on this site are very passionate about the saltwater life, and they would give you there advice and opinion about your tank. did you expect every one to just say yay! it looks great? (Honestly, I did not expect anything. I have been giving advice here for a while and I thought it would be nice for them to see some of the tanks that I have, that's al)l and im sure if you really did the research about keeping a trigger like this in an aquarium you would have seen that they need a large tank (What I have read in this site they require a 75 gallon min., can you tell me what size they had in mind when they give this size tank. Assuming they ment for the full size Trgger, that would imply a 1:4 ratio. At the current size little less than 4" it would imply I only need a 16" long tank, right?) . maybe you researched facts about it but not how to take care of it? (Can you please elovorate on how to take care of it, and can you guarantee me that it will survie and reach a maximum size of 12" if I follow your method?) im not trying to get into an argument with you im just giving you my opinion. (I appreciate your opinion, but mine differs from yours, and I am trying to understand your justification of your opinion, that's all)
Well, everyone is entittled to their opinion. If they are presenting as a fact, I would like for them to backup their facts and not just sy what others have said. I understand that the Trriger will out grow the tank. It's some people's opinion that it has already. My opinion is that it has not, based on my experience with fish. All I ask is for them to justify their opinions and not just say it's so.
Also note that he is not the only Trigger that I have, I do believe that I do have some experience with Trigger fish.

locoyo386

http:///forum/post/3080065
locoyo386, what was the point of this thread? i understand your just sharing your aquarium but im sure you know that the people on this site are very passionate about the saltwater life, and they would give you there advice and opinion about your tank. did you expect every one to just say yay! it looks great? and im sure if you really did the research about keeping a trigger like this in an aquarium you would have seen that they need a large tank. maybe you researched facts about it but not how to take care of it? im not trying to get into an argument with you im just giving you my opinion.
In the 4 years of experience with Triggers that you have, what can you tell me that is not written in a book?

patrick8929

Okay fair enough like i said i wasnt trying to get into an argument. it was just my opinion. seems kinda silly to just shoot down what everyone is telling you. isnt that what this site is for? and why is everyone's info so much inferior to a book? im sure i could find a book that says some pretty dumb stuff about aquariums but because its a book i should just listen and agree with everything it says?

locoyo386

http:///forum/post/3080089
Okay fair enough like i said i wasnt trying to get into an argument. (It's not an argument is a conversation, and asking people to justify their positions.) it was just my opinion. seems kinda silly to just shoot down what everyone is telling you. (When they all tell me the same thing, and it does not make sence. I am going to ask them why?) isnt that what this site is for? and why is everyone's info so much inferior to a book? im sure i could find a book that says some pretty dumb stuff about aquariums but because its a book i should just listen and agree with everything it says? (Should I? I am sure if what yuo read makes sence with the experience you have had, you would accept it, right?)
No you don't. With the same token everyone's opinion is the same deal right?
I give my opinoin on this site many times, but I do make them follow it, NO. I don't make it seems as gosapel either. My opinion is my own. It could be drawn from a textbook, an article, a comment from a forum like this one, or simply from experience. My experience says this fish has not yet outgrown this tank, but when it does, rest asure I will move him to a bigger tank. Just like I have done with my other Triggers (Odonus Niger, Rhinecanthus Aculeatus and Rhinecanthus Rectangulus).

patrick8929

okay well it sounds like you are sure on what you are doing, i dont have any experience with triggers but i do have some experience with saltwater in general and feel i am knowledgeable enough to know when a fish is to big for a tank. i hope everything works out for you and your fish.
i feel like we just had a very mature adult conversation lol

locoyo386

http:///forum/post/3080115
okay well it sounds like you are sure on what you are doing, i dont have any experience with triggers but i do have some experience with saltwater in general and feel i am knowledgeable enough to know when a fish is to big for a tank. i hope everything works out for you and your fish.
i feel like we just had a very mature adult conversation lol
Well I do, not to sound to cocky. Thank you for your opinion.

locoyo386

http:///forum/post/3080124
okay good. and no problem
See what I mean, read post #31. I hope he/she can justify their OPINION
. It's fine, it's their opinion, I just wish they would be able to justify it with physical evidence or behaviorale issues.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by locoyo386
http:///forum/post/3080129
See what I mean, read post #31. I hope he/she can justify their OPINION
. It's fine, it's their opinion, I just wish they would be able to justify it with physical evidence or behaviorale issues.
i understand what you are saying. and if you believe you have the experience you need to make the right decision then its your choice and i wont say anything else about it. i gave you my opinion and thats all i can do. like i said no point in an argument on line that will solve nothing

the_bandit

Well, I haven't read all these long and drawn out replays but I have gotten the just of it. One guy says his tank is small enoughf or a trigger and others disagree. Im not sure if there is physical evidence that a small tank stresses out larger tank fish because you would need the fish but you can tell by how a fish swims, eats, and generally behaves when they are stressed because they are not in the right tank. Your fish didnt seem to stressed out but I don't know how old the tank is or much about Trigger behavior. In my honest opinion, I would say to deffinetly upgrade the tank or return the fish. Go for smaller community fish in a tank that size.
Here it is in the simpliest terms. Fish are ment to be in the ocean. Yes we can replicate the ocean very well but it's just not the same. A fish tank is like a prison even though some tanks are
. Would you rather serve your term on house arrest (large tanks) or in a small dirty cell (small tank)? Not sure if that works but you can understand. Whether or not you feed a fish doesn't make it happy. People in jail get fed every day but I'm sure they aren't too happy they are in jail. Hopefully this helps and if not, oh well

locoyo386

Originally Posted by The_Bandit
http:///forum/post/3080175
Well, I haven't read all these long and drawn out replays but I have gotten the just of it. One guy says his tank is small enoughf or a trigger and others disagree. Im not sure if there is physical evidence that a small tank stresses out larger tank fish because you would need the fish but you can tell by how a fish swims, eats, and generally behaves when they are stressed because they are not in the right tank. Your fish didnt seem to stressed out but I don't know how old the tank is or much about Trigger behavior. In my honest opinion, I would say to deffinetly upgrade the tank or return the fish. Go for smaller community fish in a tank that size.
Here it is in the simpliest terms. Fish are ment to be in the ocean. Yes we can replicate the ocean very well but it's just not the same. A fish tank is like a prison even though some tanks are
. Would you rather serve your term on house arrest (large tanks) or in a small dirty cell (small tank)? Not sure if that works but you can understand. Whether or not you feed a fish doesn't make it happy. People in jail get fed every day but I'm sure they aren't too happy they are in jail. Hopefully this helps and if not, oh well

Thankyou for your comment and taking the time to look at this thread.

aquaguy24

LOL I justed wanted to see wat he has in his other tank. Maybe. I might see a shark or a Moorish idol or somethng.

meowzer

Not getting involved....BUT I have seen some other tanks...they are very clean, and one has firefish, and I think one has a clown....I really can not remember exactly...BUT the others are fine.....