Another one of my tanks

locoyo386

Hi there,
Yes I have posted a total of four of my tanks on this site. I want to thank everyone that has looked at them for the comments given good or bad. That's what this site is all about anyways. Thankyou for the above comment.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by aquaguy24http:///forum/post/3080498
LOL I justed wanted to see wat he has in his other tank. Maybe. I might see a shark or a Moorish idol or somethng.
Actually I do not have either, but I will be looking into an idol when the time is wright.
The fish I do have; (If I miss some I apologize)
Damsels-

4-Striped
Yellow
Blue Devil
Yellow Tail
Fiji Blue Devil
Green Cromis
Clownfish-

Yellowstripe Maroon
True Percula
Butterfly Fish-

Lattice
Pearl Scale
Dartfish-

Firefish
Dwarf Angelfish-

Coral Beauty
Cardinalfish-

Spotted Cardinalfish
Trigger Fish-

Humu Picasso
Humu Rectangle
Niger
Undulate

greenreefer

There aren't many schooled marine biologists here and I'm going to go out on a limb and say even of the ones that are probably haven't studied this specific animal. That being said if you are going to participate in this hobby you should plan on being a responsible aquarist, which means researching animals before purchasing and not letting your emotional decision about wants and desires override industry experts like Scott Michael. You asked for feedback, you got it and all you want to do is argue. It's pretty obvious that your peers and the experts disagree with you so it should be you providing the scientific data to prove this scenario is okay not the other way around.
It would have been better if you were just trying to pick a fight because the mods could just drop the thread, but your serious and stubborn which is just juvenile.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by GreenReefer
http:///forum/post/3080520
There aren't many schooled marine biologists here and I'm going to go out on a limb and say even of the ones that are probably haven't studied this specific animal. That being said if you are going to participate in this hobby you should plan on being a responsible aquarist, which means researching animals before purchasing and not letting your emotional decision about wants and desires override industry experts like Scott Michael. You asked for feedback, you got it and all you want to do is argue. It's pretty obvious that your peers and the experts disagree with you so it should be you providing the scientific data to prove this scenario is okay not the other way around.
It would have been better if you were just trying to pick a fight because the mods could just drop the thread, but your serious and stubborn which is just juvenile.
Thankyou for your comment and taking the time to look at this thread.

N

nemo_66

this thread is funny. 'nuff said. im gonna stick to coral keepers advice on this one though.

locoyo386

Here is a thought;
I might be wrong but I think most will say that a Queen Angel is/should be ok in a 220 gallon tank. The tank can measure 72"(long)x24"(deep)x29"(tall). The Queen Angel can reach 18" long. I am not sure however, about what size of the fish that might be associated with a 220 gallon tank, thus I will not adress that issue. I am going to asume they mean a full size Queen Angel. The ratio in the long direction is 72/18=4 and in the short direction is 24/18=1.33 and finally in the height direction 29/13=2.23. In comparison a fish that is about 4" long should require a tank that is 16"(long)x5.33"(deep)x6.69"(tall). With these dimensions the tank should be 2.47 gallons. If you see anything wrong with this analogy, let me know. I might anticipate that the Queen is not full grown thus might not be a good comparison. Well to compensate for this the tank is 15 times bigger in volume than that required for a 4" fish, and the dimensins in the long way and in the short way are bigger than 16".

V

vinnyraptor

Originally Posted by locoyo386
http:///forum/post/3081471
Here is a thought;
I might be wrong but I think most will say that a Queen Angel is/should be ok in a 220 gallon tank. The tank can measure 72"(long)x24"(deep)x29"(tall). The Queen Angel can reach 18" long. I am not sure however, about what size of the fish that might be associated with a 220 gallon tank, thus I will not adress that issue. I am going to asume they mean a full size Queen Angel. The ratio in the long direction is 72/18=4 and in the short direction is 24/18=1.33 and finally in the height direction 29/13=2.23. In comparison a fish that is about 4" long should require a tank that is 16"(long)x5.33"(deep)x6.69"(tall). With these dimensions the tank should be 2.47 gallons. If you see anything wrong with this analogy, let me know. I might anticipate that the Queen is not full grown thus might not be a good comparison. Well to compensate for this the tank is 15 times bigger in volume than that required for a 4" fish, and the dimensins in the long way and in the short way are bigger than 16".
you can do all the ratios you want whoever you are. the fact is if you kept a dog on a 3 ft chain in your backyard and the authorities found out you would be charged with animal cruelty and thats EXACTLY what your doing with that fish. us hobbiest's try to recreate the animals natural environment as best we can. that mean giving fish and other animals as much room as possible, the best food possible, and the best water quality possible. in other words YOU SUCK!
BTW Triggers prefer nice cave to hide and sleep in. that fish looks extremely agitated an that leads to stress which leads to disease which leads to death.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by VinnyRaptor
http:///forum/post/3081488
you can do all the ratios you want whoever you are. the fact is if you kept a dog on a 3 ft chain in your backyard and the authorities found out you would be charged with animal cruelty and thats EXACTLY what your doing with that fish. us hobbiest's try to recreate the animals natural environment as best we can. that mean giving fish and other animals as much room as possible, the best food possible, and the best water quality possible. in other words YOU SUCK!
With that statement I take it no one has a Queen Angel in a 220 gallon that is 18" long (I sure hope not, right?). They will have taken it somewhere were it gas alot more room, right? I am not going to keep him there till he reaches the 12", he will be in an adequate size tank (as he and his size demands it), with 15 times what people say it should be ok for a full size Queen Angel.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by VinnyRaptor
http:///forum/post/3081488
Let me ask you a question if you don't mind. What is/are the biggest fish you have in your 95 gallon tank or any other tanks youmight have? I am assuming that you have a bigger ratio than 1:4.

mopar9012

i think the best way to put it is that it is like putting a roaming animal that travels large distances in a cage, it would go insane.
Your fish might not have any signs of stress right now, he is still young and under some good care he will probably live for some time. maybe some months? i dont know but i do know is that when I buy a fish I dont plan on having it until it stresses out and dies whether or not it would be soon or later down the road.
Im not saying that he shows signs right now, but he COULD very well show signs in the future. And if he does, it seems like you would probably do something about it then.
This is all my opinion. good luck!

locoyo386

Originally Posted by mopar9012
http:///forum/post/3081643
i think the best way to put it is that it is like putting a roaming animal that travels large distances in a cage, it would go insane.
Your fish might not have any signs of stress right now, he is still young and under some good care he will probably live for some time. maybe some months? i dont know but i do know is that when I buy a fish I dont plan on having it until it stresses out and dies whether or not it would be soon or later down the road.
Im not saying that he shows signs right now, but he COULD very well show signs in the future. And if he does, it seems like you would probably do something about it then.
This is all my opinion. good luck!
Like I mentioned before, I do believe I have enough experience to remove him when needed. I hope the people that keep Queen Angels, Naso Tangs, Sailfin Tangs and many others, in tanks like 125-180 know when to move the fish into a bigger tank.

locoyo386

Well last comment on this thread. I will take care of my tanks and fish as best as I know how, and I hope you all do the same. Thankyou all for taking a loot at my tanks (that I have posted here anyways), and wish you all good luck with yours.
A side note I had only had 5 fish die since I started taking care of saltwater fish, and two of them had what I thought was Ich but it wasn't and it did not make it. Well for what ever that's worh anyways.

V

vinnyraptor

http:///forum/post/3081495
With that statement I take it no one has a Queen Angel in a 220 gallon that is 18" long (I sure hope not, right?). They will have taken it somewhere were it gas alot more room, right? I am not going to keep him there till he reaches the 12", he will be in an adequate size tank (as he and his size demands it), with 15 times what people say it should be ok for a full size Queen Angel.
keeping a large fish even 18 inches in a large tank is alot better than housing a 4 inch trigger in a nano dude! why is it so hard for you to understand that? for some reason your stuck on mathmatical equations. these fish are our pets! and we want to provide them with the best homes we possibly can. like i said before a dog can live/exist on a 3ft chain provided it has food and water. but is that any way to treat the dog? another thing no hobbiest in his right mind would add an 18 inch Angel to his 220. now if he got it as a juvi and it grew to 15 inches or so with good husbandry practices that fish could live a happy life in there and die of old age.
lastly there is no way your gonna convince any of us that what your doing is ok. WE KNOW BETTER! triggers are hardy so it may last awhile in there but it wont be happy, and i cant possibly see how you or anyone can get any joy out of seeing it in that tiny box. thats not a habitat its a jail cell and thats the MAIN CONCEPT of this hobby that you simply cant comprehend.

V

vinnyraptor

http:///forum/post/3081499
Let me ask you a question if you don't mind. What is/are the biggest fish you have in your 95 gallon tank or any other tanks youmight have? I am assuming that you have a bigger ratio than 1:4.
right now i have a 4 inch yellow tang, 3 1.25 to 1.5 inch chromis, 1 2 inch maroon and gold clown and 1 2.5 inch fire fish. i have a large colony of yellow star polyp, some zoo's. xenia, and kenya tree. a cleaner and peppermint shrimp, emerald crab, several hermits and snails....
i also have about 150 to 180 lbs of LR.
and like a said before your ratios are irrelevant (read my last post)

fishkid13

There are two ways of thinking in life.
By the mathmatical and 'techincal' book
or by the common sense book.

tang4me

http:///forum/post/3081797
Well last comment on this thread. I will take care of my tanks and fish as best as I know how, and I hope you all do the same. Thankyou all for taking a loot at my tanks (that I have posted here anyways), and wish you all good luck with yours.
A side note I had only had 5 fish die since I started taking care of saltwater fish, and two of them had what I thought was Ich but it wasn't and it did not make it. Well for what ever that's worh anyways.
Sanity check, anyone?? This rivals some of the best "tang police" threads.
You have made some , IMO, legitimate points. Pointing out obvious hypocrisy at times, and taking on emotional arguments with solid sane rebuttals.
Keep providing your fish with proper diet/water quality, and enjoy the hobby. As you stated several times you would do, upgrade the tank size when your fish shows signs of stress.