Any Chicagoan Trader?

junbug1970

I live in Western Suburb of Chicago looking for a local trade and get acquinted to help each other out.
thanks
Junus

junbug1970

Hey Harrysreef,
Nice to meet you. Currently i don't think i need anything, but just wanted to know any localies that are into trading for future reference.
thanks
Junus.
Do you have anything you want to trade?

harrysreef

Hi Junus, I also am not really looking but if there was something you needed or wanted maybe I could help always seem to have extra soft corals (leathers colts etc) I have friends who also need to frag thier stuff every now and again.

vizia2

hi i live in the south west suburbs. always looking for stuff. only had my tank up for about 4 months. have some cool green center zoanthids (i think thats how its said) and star zoanthids that i can frag a few polyps off. but always looking for new stuff.
let me know

junbug1970

hey guys,
I am in need of plants and algae for a 10 gal refgium. Anyone have extra to spare? email me with details and price please. If someone has extra LS, shrimps, snails, i'd be interested in them too.
thanks
email junus_ong@hotmail.com
thanks chicagoan :)

sterling

Hey Harry and Eclipse, I'm just in Island Lake, 10 minutes east of Crystal Lake (my mom lives there) and 20 minutes south of Lake Geneva. We should all get together some time and check out each others tanks. And anyone else in the area. And maybe at some point trading frags if available.

searcher

I'm real close to you junbug and I'm often in the Libertyville - Mundelein area for those of you on the far north. I've got mushrooms, xenias, zoanthids that I could frag. I also have baby ceriths. I'm interested in zoanthids as far as trades.

junbug1970

here's my tank and what i have in it. and i also just set up 90gal fish only tank, but i don't have a pic of it yet.
maybe sometime this week i'll post one.

searcher

Here's a decent shot of what I have available to frag. I also have some brown mabled shrooms that aren't in the picture. I can provide closeups of anything anyone's interested in.

jester

I'd be willing to take anything you can spare (cheep). My 180 is time for corals, and want to start with frags instead of LFS stuff.

junbug1970

amen on that jester. LFS is too damn expensive. If you want a great huge corals inexpensively, i can recommend my lfs is in geln ellyn. I bought most of my stuff there and i know most of the people there. The prices i pay there is relatively the same prices if you order online but twice as large and you don't have to pay shipping.
searcher, i work off grand ave in bensenville. str8 down rt83. care to get together and perhaps trade off?

junbug1970

ok guys, i need help from you out there. I just set up my 75gal tank with 2x 20lbs instant ocean sand from lfs. but 40lbs barely cover the bottom. each bag is $40 (ouch). I need about 60lbs+ more.
I heard people can use play sand they buy from home depot and such. is this true? and if you have live sand in there already, it will seed the play sand.
I do however heard some horror story of putting different cheap sand turning to cement like.
If you could share your expertise, would be appreciated.
I also just build a refegium recently. i need sand for that too and plants and algae. Anyone have some plants and algae to part with? or any sand to sell?