Aquapod 24gal

ajer

If you want a good skimmer, your gonna have to mod the aquapod for A HOB skimmer....I'd recommend the BH-100, I have it, but i have replaced the aquapod's lighting with a orbit.

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by patrick8929
http:///forum/post/2854758
IMO a skimmer will be a waste of money... regular water changes will do just fine. obviously if you really just want on it wont hurt but im not sure what to recomend
+1. Just do 4G waterchanges weekly and you will be good to go

[ronnie]

he doesnt have worms.. what he meant by "shirmp/worms".. was what he was GHOST FEEDING the tank with.. i got confused a bit too.. he has no shirmp/worms in there.. just 2 hitcher hermits..

krztballer

hey guys i got a picture of one of my hermit crabs.. sorry its bad quality i used my phone, dont know if you guys will spot it... my tank is still going through the cycle.. the hermit crab came with my rocks.. i hope they live through the cycle...

krztballer

hey guys i just got my koralia 1, i put it in the back right side of my tank pointing down towards the middle... let me know if i should put it somewhere else...

bpro32

Originally Posted by krztballer
http:///forum/post/2860252
hey guys i just got my koralia 1, i put it in the back right side of my tank pointing down towards the middle... let me know if i should put it somewhere else...
That placement should be fine as long as you put corals there that like higher flow. I have my k1 pointed near the top where my gsp is and other lps are going to be and the softies still get moderate flow around the rest of the tank.
btw, I have an ap24 too

krztballer

hey guys my tank water has evaporated since i set it up its about 3/4 of an inch ... should i wait till i put fish in there then just do a water change, or should i feel it up?

subielover

You can top-off with ro water or distilled. Not saltwater though, as the only thing that is evaporating is the water and not the salt. Topping-off will not mess with the cycle, but you should always keep your tank topped-off.

spanko

Originally Posted by krztballer
http:///forum/post/2862415
hey guys my tank water has evaporated since i set it up its about 3/4 of an inch ... should i wait till i put fish in there then just do a water change, or should i feel it up?
You should have a mark or some point on your tank that when the water level gets there you put in new fresh RODI or distilled. As Subie stated when evaporation occurs the salt is left behind. Because of this the water left in the tank now has a higher concentration of salt, which has increased salinity - Sg over where you want it to be. A lot of people use automatic top off systems to maintain salinity - Sg at the proper level.

krztballer

Hey guys its been a while, check out my tank.. its been a good 3 months since of posted nethin i have plenty of pics.. let me know what you guys think !!

krztballer

wutup ron, yeah i bought that anenome for 5 bucks, but i dont know what it is, the guy who sold it didnt either.. .