Are The Colts Going To Be Beat?

avbryce1

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Really? I was almost sure neither one of them ever beat the Gators. I'll have to doublecheck that and see if you are correct. If they beat them in '93, did he play for them then?
About Peyton Manning. I really hated him when he played for Tennessee but that was because of the rivalry. He does appear to be a class act though now that he is in the pros and his commercials are funny.
Yea, he beat them in 2003 I don't know how the quote says 93...
I'm like you I used to hate Peyton because of the rivalry and I hated Eli because he beat the gators. but I am now fans of both of them, you just can't deny talent like that.

tangman99

Originally Posted by avbryce1
Yea, he beat them in 2003 I don't know how the quote says 93...
I'm like you I used to hate Peyton because of the rivalry and I hated Eli because he beat the gators. but I am now fans of both of them, you just can't deny talent like that.
That was me fat-fingering the keyboard for some reason. I do stand corrected. Eli did beat the Gators in 2003. I'm watching the Jaguar game right now and it is not looking good. It was funny when Henderson (?) starting pounding the colt's player head into the ground after he tackled him though.

scubadoo

It all depends on their approach once they clinch everything. Quite often, it is the team that you would not even consider having a chance to beat someone that actually pulls off the victory.
Once they have everything clinched regarding home field advatage, etc it would be smart on their part to bench some players to avoid injury.
SHould they decide to do this...their chances for an undefeated regular season will be drastically reduced.

tangman99

It wasn't meant to be but I was not really expecting it anyway. I'd be hard pressed to bench players if I was their coach. It would be a hard call because they do have a chance to go all the way and be undefeated for the season. If you think about it, I can't even tell you who won the superbowl 2 years ago, but I don't know how many time a year I hear about the undefeated 72 Miami Dolphins. That appears to be a legacy that far outlives any superbowl win alone.

ruaround

Originally Posted by TangMan99
It wasn't meant to be but I was not really expecting it anyway. I'd be hard pressed to bench players if I was their coach. It would be a hard call because they do have a chance to go all the way and be undefeated for the season. If you think about it, I can't even tell you who won the superbowl 2 years ago, but I don't know how many time a year I hear about the undefeated 72 Miami Dolphins. That appears to be a legacy that far outlives any superbowl win alone.
The Patriots won the last 2 years in a row...Bucs 3 years ago, Patriots 4 years ago, Ravens 5 years ago, Rams, Then Denver Back to Back, Packers etc. etc.
Coach Tony Dungy has said he will not sit his players because if he starts now it will be a month b4 the statrters will play a game...he said rhythm and continuity are more imprtant along with having good momentum into the playoffs...I dont think they will lose if they keep this mantality...

R

reefermadn

Jacksonville really hurt themselves in this game. They COULD have won it but......
Congratulations to the Colts for the win!

Wait till next year. ;)

tangman99

Originally Posted by ReeferMadn
Jacksonville really hurt themselves in this game. They COULD have won it but......
Congratulations to the Colts for the win!

Wait till next year. ;)
And this is something new for them?

nflnutswif

It's the Colts year, how about Colts/Giants. . . Manning Bros. SB?
Wonder what the conversation is at their Christmas Dinner table?
Go Texans! :cheer:

roofis

Next three games...wow, tough. All pretty good teams, but not colt material. Now, peyton, here's the deal with him. When he was with UT, he ALWAYS BOMBED the big games, nebraska...florida,..etc. ALWAYS...and to this day, when it comes to big games, he's not the best. NOW IF....the colts actually win the playoffs, they'll go undefeated this year...period. It's a big IF because manning is going to have to show up BIG in the BIG GAMES that he hasn't done yet,..in my opinion.
Hey, I'm a manning fan, not a Colt fan. UT Alumni, he was the bomb, is the bomb, but chokes in big games, championships, playoffs...etc...ever since college..thus the reason why he didn't get the hiesman in my opinion. I can't wait for him to break out of that, cause then it's over. Joe montan-..who. It'll be manning for the next 10 years.

darth tang

Originally Posted by ruaround
How can you hate THE
classiest guy in the NFL and a future Hall of Famer...
last year when he got the TD record he did not stop to celebrate he hurried his team back to the huddle/line of scrimmage to got for the two pt. conversion...His head is on the game at hand not records or celebrations...JUST WINNING!!!
This year when he and Marvin Harrison broke the all time TD for QB/WR tandom neither of them celebrated and Payton passed the ball off to Marvin for him to keep...
Not to mention what he does off the feild...he and his brother donated (by themselves almost 500k in money and goods for Katrina relief...
And His commercials are the funniest thing I have ever seen I still crack up when they come on...
Dont Hate the Player...Just Hate the Play!!! He IS the best QB in the NFL right now, and will put up a great argument for best QB EVER!!!

I don't know, I just do. I hate Michael Vick as well...I understand all the good Manning does.....maybe it is because he and his brother both look like idiots and talk like they have a mouth full of crap. The guy can play, no doubt. But I just can't like him...I have tried, really.
I know why hate Vick...but that is a different discussion.

fishnet

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
michael vick has to be one of the worst quarterbacks the nfl has ever seen.
As a classic quarterback, I'd have to agree that he's pretty lame (lowest completion percentage for active starting QBs with more than 1000 passes)... BUT: he's a defensive coordinator's nightmare. Anyway you look at it, the guy can flat-out play -- he's fun to watch and, as a form of entertainment, the NFL is all about selling tickets.
Regarding Peyton Manning and the Colts... I think he's such a class act and such a great performer... sure he's had his problems during the big games, but they've always had a crappy defense and he had to carry the team. I think this year is different. Whether or not they win the rest of the games this season depends on Dungy's philosophy. My gut says that the biggest test will be Seattle, but they will win -- and the rest of the season. My prediction? Colts with the SB with a perfect season.

ruaround

I would agree with both points made about Vick...He isnt a very good classic QB, and he IS a defensive coordinators nightmare...But Vick is a QB of a different breed, if he would work on his accuracy I'm not sure he would be stoppable...I'm not talking about making him a "pocket passer" just waaaay more accurate, he is one of the best athletes in the NFL and I give him much respect for that...
Also would agree about Peyton Manning colapsing because of the lack of defense at Indy in the past, however since Tony Dungy has been there theyhave been ranked in the top 5 for take aways...being a Bucs fan I know about the Dungy philosophy (cover 2 and speed), and have watched the Colts adopt it wholehearted...The Colts D has stopped opponents at crucial times, and left the O with great feild position all year long! As far as big games go, Manning has finally beaten his nemisis (the Pats) on monday night football with authority!!!

scubadoo

Vick is an inaccurate passer. he does somewhat compensate for this shortcoming with his running ability. However, this is also a problem as he is often injured and has yet to complete an entire season. He is not a big QB which means those hits take their toll.
The defensive coordinators have figured out to simply contain rush and let him throw. In defense of his inaccurate passing, Atlanta has yet to give him a solid receiving corps.
His W-L percentage is also impressive...but as a QB...I would not rank him in the top 5.
Being from New Orleans, I can assure folks the Manning family is a class act. When Eli was still playing QB at Newman High School...the consesus was he would be better then his dad and would be better then Peyton....the best QB of all the Manning QB's in the end......... ...time will tell.
Archie had another son Copper who played WR at Ole Miss. He was injured in College and never played again.
I am hoping we will see an all Manning QB Super Bowl.....that would certainly make for an interesting match-up.