Astrowars anyone?

ltrain35

Unfortunately I did the same thing twice (owning an entire system) and now im in the process of losing it again. Tried to get into an alliance but our leader was doing his own thing rather than trying to cosolidate the troops so we go wiped out fairly quickly. I was able to semi survive in the outer rims and will try to make a go of it out there. Its tough if you are essentially a single player in this game. This game is really set up for alliance wars.

elfdoctors

Originally Posted by sidd
Can anybody tell me anything about DHS. I think I about to be cleaned by them. Oh well.
DHS appears to be a fairly strong alliance with a lot of Polish players. It appears that they have been fighting TTA and FOG. I have not had any contact with them in the past.

moneyman

One more question:
I sieged all this guy's planet. And suddenly, after 7 days of idling, he logs on and destroy one of my sieging fleet. How is that posible? He has a fleet elsewhere not on his planet? Would the 'Spend All' button do anything in this case?
Thanks...

T

thomas712

If you had sieged all his planets then he could not do a spend all nor make any fleet, however if he had some fleet on slow flight he could have ghosted in. Not sure, or someone could have broken the siege for him.

anthony17

HOW DO I PLAY??? i went to the site and signed up and evertime i log on it just takes me to astrowars news... what do i click to play???

moneyman

The menu buttons are up top.
They are:
- News: if you are attacked, won a battle, you'll see it in this screen
- Map: Map of the universe around your home system. Your home system is in the middle.
- Planets: List the planets you own.
- On each planet, you can use your Production Points to build infrastructure. These are:
* Hydroponic Farm - Increase your population per hour
* Robotic Factory - Increase your production points per hour
* Galactic Cybernet - Increase your culture per hour. High culture = more planets you can own
* Research Lab - Increase your science. High science = higher speed, bonuses, etc.
* Starbase - Increase defense on that planet.
- Science: You research - you can research only one science at a time. The sciences are:
* Biology - how far you can see in the map screen
* Economy - High econ, low cost of warships.
* Energy - Speed
* Mathematics - High math = low loss of warship
* Physics - Increase chance of winning battle
* Social - Max population per planet.
* Culture - Max planet you can own. Increase automatically.
- Fleet: If you have any war ships, you can lauch them at this screen.

T

thomas712

Well for anyone following this thread the round is now over. NEMO did fairly well again. The sister alliance OMEN also did well.
My question is if anyone of the fishworld would like another crack at this or not next round. NEMO is loosing about 5 or 6 members that are moving on.
I'd like to know what the following thought of this game, and if you might consider joining NEMO or OMEN for the next round or anyone else that is interested.
Matty0h52 -
Clown52 -
DarthTang -
CELACANTHr -

celacanthr

I thought it was really cool, but I travel alot, and sometimes for a long time so sometimes I am gone for a few days and am not able to get on AW.
I would join OMEN, even though I am terrible at AW.

elfdoctors

It was a nice round. I finished ranked 23rd. I am now #10 in the Permanent Rankings.
I was interviewed by one of the game's journalists. I even put in a plug for swf.com in the interview! :happyfish http://www.astrowars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21716
However, because of philosophical differences with leadership in NEMO, I will be among the NEMOs heading to greener pastures. I'll be joining RATs, which is an invitation only alliance.

bronco300

is NEMO finished? my first round was fun but the second i couldnt keep up and got way behind...was definitely fun though

elfdoctors

I haven't played in over a year. While I really enjoyed the game, I'm not sure I really want to start up again (or if I would even be welcome again). I had seen that the game kept getting hacked into with multiple bugs. Did they every fix the bug problem? I wouldn't want to restart again if the game kept crashing or if a lot of cheating was going on.