Astrowars anyone?

T

thomas712

Good luck, I hope you launched from the shortest possible position

bs21

well they are gonna get there late sunday or before 5 a.m. on monday so the suspense is gonna be the worst.....also i don't want any of the nemos on that planet to get there before me and i end up attacking them. I don't even want the planet hes just the only one on my map pretty much that i can attack to get exp.

sarwiz100

hello, I see bs21 here, howdy. just trying to catch up on reading here. I see elfdoctors too, I think I'm in the right place.

clown52

Well I can't get on Astrowars or the Nemo website while at work now because they have decided to filter the internet use. :mad:

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by Clown52
Well I can't get on Astrowars or the Nemo website while at work now because they have decided to filter the internet use. :mad:
that sucks. whats funny is i emailed the admin about my login not to long ago and i told him i log in at work and at home is that why i get an error? And he wrote back loging in at home and at work should work fine just login more at home!! Kinda funny i thought.

bs21

woohoo i'm gonna be on the strongest fleet ranking as soon as it updates with over 130 destroyers! now i just have to put them to use... but i'm not sure who i want to attack.

darth tang

That is good. But just a tip. Keep your fleets in motion a bit more. I know people with as many (if not more) ships than you. They just don't show up in the rankings because their fleets ar moving. This way no one knows my fleet strength. Then when I am attacked, they are surprised by how many ships I actually have available to me for in system defense.

elfdoctors

Welcome to NEMO, BS21!
I work with lizzard in real life. Unfortunately he does not keep saltwater fish.
Early in the game like this, I try not to build more fleet than necessary to expand. As much production as possible should still be going into infrastructure. If you have more planets, with higher factories and populations, your production will be much better in the long run. Most people who show up in the best fleets this early in the game will not continue to show up at the end of the game. IMO, it is more important to show up in the largest fleets in the end of the game than right now.
Here's my production stats right now:
Production - 125/hr
Science - 106/hr
Culture - 75/hr
I will be getting my 8th planet in just over 2 days.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by sarwiz100
What does it take to get to level1? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
If you mean player level then you need to attack and win against someone, and have at least 2 destroyers left

bs21

Originally Posted by elfdoctors
Welcome to NEMO, BS21!
I work with lizzard in real life. Unfortunately he does not keep saltwater fish.
Early in the game like this, I try not to build more fleet than necessary to expand. As much production as possible should still be going into infrastructure. If you have more planets, with higher factories and populations, your production will be much better in the long run. Most people who show up in the best fleets this early in the game will not continue to show up at the end of the game. IMO, it is more important to show up in the largest fleets in the end of the game than right now.
Here's my production stats right now:
Production - 125/hr
Science - 106/hr
Culture - 75/hr
I will be getting my 8th planet in just over 2 days.
yea i was building a fleet for a plan we are working on but my production is close to 100/hr but now that i got my fleet and was corrected and told to keep it off the strongest fleet list i'm back to building infastructure and trying to get my sciences up to compensate for the mistake of picking a straight race.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by sidd
I think I am way out there. I'm at -51,-78. Are any of you guys close to me?
Sidd, thats quite away from anyone that I know.

elfdoctors

Originally Posted by sidd
Do I need to seen a colony ship or just a transport ship to take over an unknown planet?
Welcome sidd! The only time you can take over another planet with only a colony ship is if it is still a free planet. Otherwise, you need 1 transport for every population level the planet is when you land. Unknown planets will not grow their population.
When you are attacking a live player, it is usually a good idea to send an extra transport or two in case their population rises while you are in flight. I also usually try to send transports immediately after my destroyers as it is possible for transports to die in battle. If you decide to attack an idler (player with long gaps between logins), their planets' population does not rise until they sign in.
Early on transports seem very expensive but later on people will by them by the dozens.

sidd

Can anyone tell me anything about the asf alliance. I think they might be the only one around me and a member asked me to try and join them. Thankyou.

T

thomas712

Looks like a small alliance with some players that have played maybe 3 games or less. This would be considered a snack for the NEMO alliance. But in order to survive for some time you might want to consider their offer.
[ASF] Academic Space Fight - in Gold 3.5
# Player Country Rank (points) Science Level Logins TR Battles (won) Planets Pop Avg Pop
1 Hantilles N/A 2058 (57) 12 2 121 0% 7 (86%) 6 of 6 53 9
2 tilmaen N/A 2190 (53) 11 2 171 5% 7 (71%) 6 of 6 49 8
3 powersensor 2214 (52) 11 2 88 0% 14 (36%) 7 of 7 48 7
4 Benator N/A 2266 (50) 11 4 113 0% 13 (54%) 6 of 6 42 7
5 mjinthehouse 2324 (48) 12 2 215 0% 9 (100%) 6 of 6 44 7
Average 2210 (52) 11 2 142 1% 10 (69%) 6 of 6 47 8
Notes: * means that Player does not count for alliance points.
Info
Members: 5 of 6
Founder: mjinthehouse
Battles: Battle List
Profiles: Public | Ingame
Alliance Stats All Min Max
Culture Slots: 0 0 0
Planets: 31 6 7
Population: 236 42 53
Average Pop: 8 7 9
Battle Count: 50 7 14
Battles won: 69% 36% 100%