Astrowars

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my alliance just pulled into the Top 50 in the home stretch before the game ends, and hopefully after the current wave of battles underway we will get a tad more ranking.
My alliance administrator is ranked #3! He is a part of TWSA recruited from GPS. He coordinates all of our battles and negociates with multiple alliances. This is a small alliance, but a really cool one. It is based on DEMOCRACY where all players have equal status and equal playing roles. More fun for everyone.
Good luck to NEMOs in the final stretch! :D

elfdoctors

Originally posted by RussianSpy
when i type in
www.astrowars.com
It's not even the sight it's some german page!!! Did they get bought out?

The game's founder and administrator lives in Germany. The server with the forums (and the sign-in page) has gone down several times. You can usually still play the game by using this link (which gets you to the game server).
http://82.165.38.217/0/News/

elfdoctors

Thanks Thomas712!
Any future gifts of support should probably be sent to StacyT instead of me. He is one of our warriors. There are likely going to be counterattacks at some of the game's leaders within the next several days from some of our allies. Watch the rankings pages daily.

ffishermen

is quite in here or is just me

does anybody know if Bytor or Littlegood1 are reefers? they are in system by me. they must be looking for some easy planets:) . well i was just curious.
later

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I imagine everyone is killing themselves trying to win the game at AW, or helping their fav alliance/fav player win. I know my pocketbook has been depleted for the grand finale!

elfdoctors

Originally posted by ffishermen
is quite in here or is just me

does anybody know if Bytor or Littlegood1 are reefers? they are in system by me. they must be looking for some easy planets:) . well i was just curious.
later

They are both reefers. Bytor lives in Texas and littlegoodq (aka bigevil1) lives in northwestern Indiana near Chicago. Bytor is a +4 attack warrior. I didn't realize that they were out by you. I could have had them work with you.
My transfer balance is ~$A375K. I helped our warriors buy a lot of fleet. I am still trying to help get a win for Runner. He and I share our home system.

T

thomas712

Hey doc could runner use some more funds?, I don't have much but what I have could go to him.

elfdoctors

Thanks for the offer. I think we are doing okay right now. He has a couple of gigantic fleets sitting near all of his planets. Even if he lost a planet or two he would stay over 500 points. We need the higher alliances to be attacked to have much of a chance. They are likely going to be doing some fighting among themselves.
I have over $60000 ready to spend if we are attacked. If not I am going to make a large fleet and start doing some attacking myself during beta 7.5 as I have been confined to support (my choice) for the last half of this game. I have my physics up to 28 with a 0 to attack so I should be able to get some experience points from a battle or two.

belothsurf

Hey doc,
I've told Stacy this, but HNU is attacking ES and HES. So far we are winning, but they are putting up a good fight. Although, it's not made much of a dent in ES's score.
A couple of other French alliances have moved in from no where, (probably thanks to ES and HES), so I'm busy fighting them along with STG.
Stacy tells me that some of STG are also reefers. Maybe we should re-name the game, "Return of the Reefers", or maybe "SWA Wars"...ha-ha...get it? Sounds like "Star Wars"....SWA =Saltwater Aquarist.....ha-ha....ha.....he-he....ha.......maybe not.:D :D

elfdoctors

All the alliances took major hits over the past 24 hours. Runner is now in the lead. We are expecting major attacks tonight. If you still have that money Thomas (or anyone else), the NEMOs would be happy to accept it now. Send it to scottz who is our banker and can transfer it to whomever has the biggest need based on tonight's attacks. If all goes well, this beta could be over tomorrow.
Wish us luck!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yes, unfortunately my player took major hits and will not recover. Its a shame because he really busted his butt for this game. I was an inch away from having to do a small battle myself to protect him. :eek: There has been a 2 wk race to stay awake to cover all the bases on the game by these players, and now it was all for naught.
Someone else will stay up all nite tonite, but then win in the end.
I hope it is runner. Good luck!

T

thomas712

Doc - I sent all I had to scottz, not much but it was over 6000. I have been completley sieged by a player for over a week or so now.

elfdoctors

Originally posted by Thomas712
Doc - I sent all I had to scottz, not much but it was over 6000.

Thanks for your help. We defended Runner against several large fleets. Unfortunately, SatanikBoy came with a extremely fast fleet of over 70,000 destroyers and singlehandedly destroyed many of Runner's planets. We could not withstand an attack from a monster fleet like that.
I have been completley sieged by a player for over a week or so now.

It sounds like you need help more than we did. Would you like some help to try to fight yourself out? I can send you astrodollars in return to repay you. I am now making 29,000 PPs/day. My trade balance is ~450,000. I hope to do some fighting during beta 7.5 as almost all of my production has gone to support for the past 3-4 weeks.
Perhaps you (or other reefers on this board) should consider being a NEMO next beta? We plan on not having many top scorers. Most of the players are planning on taking attack bonuses and laying a path of destruction behind us during beta 8. It should be a lot more fun for everyone.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand that transfer balance thing. How exactly does it work?
I'm afraid the way the game is current setup that the highest players will get knocked out due to funded superfleets, thus the one who actaully wins, will likely not be the most worthy. The true measure, I guess, is the ability to build superfleets and to maintain a fighting force against the top ranker.
The rest don't get to have much fun for the last couple of wks, since we mostly funding the superfleets. Oh well, all of that is discussed on the forums, no need to mull over it here. :D

elfdoctors

Originally posted by Beth
I don't understand that transfer balance thing. How exactly does it work?

If you send or receive astrodollars, your transfer balance changes. It become negative if you receive money and positive if you give money. If your balance is negative, the debt increases by 8% daily. If you have a positive balance, the amount increases by 4% daily. There are some negatives associated with having a large negative balance (1% drop in various production stats for every $10,000). My large transfer balance is only an indication that I gave away a lot of astrodollars.
There is a poll going on now about whether money transfers should be eliminated in beta 8. I think that they are useful for alliances but they probably should be limited further than the 25% tax which is withheld now.
This beta continues for another day. I just hope I can stay in the top 100 before it ends.