Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

triga22

Azfishgal, thought I would bump your thread. Any new stuff you added? How's the tank running for you? Fish doing good? And I put pics in my diary thread of the new ones.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Azfishgal, thought I would bump your thread. Any new stuff you added? How's the tank running for you? Fish doing good? And I put pics in my diary thread of the new ones.
Thanks. I added a Brittle Star yesterday, but of course I havn't seen him since I put him in.
My Anthias are doing great and LOVE to eat, so that's definitely a good sign. They will be in the DT in about 2 weeks. After I put the Anthias in I'm going to make a new video. So be on the look out.

hefner413

My brittle comes out during feeding time sometimes - man it is awesome to see how fast they can move! Is your's green? Picture looks like it is pretty dark...

azfishgal

Awsome! I love anthias. What else are you doing for your stocklist.
I'll be adding a Sailfin and Yellow Tang and then I'll be done.
And about your so called Braves.......
I'm not very happy with them today sine they beat my team. BUT, the D-backs are still in 1st place in the west since the Dodgers lost.
We'll win tomorows game though.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Hefner413
My brittle comes out during feeding time sometimes - man it is awesome to see how fast they can move! Is your's green? Picture looks like it is pretty dark...
It's black. I might see him in a few days after he gets used to it.

triga22

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I'll be adding a Sailfin and Yellow Tang and then I'll be done.
And about your so called Braves.......
I'm not very happy with them today sine they beat my team. BUT, the D-backs are still in 1st place in the west since the Dodgers lost.
We'll win tomorows game though.

Sweet I looove yellows! And the Braves killed 14-0!
Braves arnt in first but are pretty close. Lots of stuff happenin to em cause of barry beating hank and such. But .. Done hijacking your thread.

GO BRAVES!!

azfishgal

Sweet I looove yellows! And the Braves killed 14-0!
Braves arnt in first but are pretty close. Lots of stuff happenin to em cause of barry beating hank and such. But .. Done hijacking your thread.

GO BRAVES!!

Well, you didn't have to mention the score!!!
They won 8 games in a row, so they need to lose at some point. They will be back on their game tomorrow so look out.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Katz
Everything is looking great.
Is that a rubber band around the brittle star?
Katz
No, I think it was something he was eating or was something that he was spitting out. It was coming out his mouth I think and wrapped around him. I was afraid of pulling it out, so I just left it.

azfishgal

Well, I've run into a few issues. One of my powerheads stopped working so I'm sending it back and Hydor is replacing it for me.
My RO/DI unit is showing a TDS reading of 37. I flushed the membrane for 15 minutes and it didn't move much so I thought it must be time to change the filter. After changing the filter still didn't move much. My husband did some trouble shooting and we found it's the membrane. So we flushed it for an hour with no good results. This membrane is supposed to last a few years, and I can't afford to replace it every two months because it's so expensive (almost the cost of the unit itself). So now I'm having to go back to the Water and Ice store for water.
My water changes are 15 gallons weekly and I lose close to 2 gallons a day on evap, so I need my RO/DI unit to work. I have the Coralife Pure-Flo II unit. Anyone else have this problem with this unit?
When it rains it poors!

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Well, I've run into a few issues. One of my powerheads stopped working so I'm sending it back and Hydor is replacing it for me.
My RO/DI unit is showing a TDS reading of 37. I flushed the membrane for 15 minutes and it didn't move much so I thought it must be time to change the filter. After changing the filter still didn't move much. My husband did some trouble shooting and we found it's the membrane. So we flushed it for an hour with no good results. This membrane is supposed to last a few years, and I can't afford to replace it every two months because it's so expensive (almost the cost of the unit itself). So now I'm having to go back to the Water and Ice store for water.
My water changes are 15 gallons weekly and I lose close to 2 gallons a day on evap, so I need my RO/DI unit to work. I have the Coralife Pure-Flo II unit. Anyone else have this problem with this unit?
When it rains it poors!

Its been pouring all week!! Well at least everynight.

Call coralife and see what they have to say about it?

fish addict

Ya seriously we have had like 6 inches of rain to 3 days! Plus I have had to walk a cornfield (detasseling) with huge lake sized puddles!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by fish addict
Ya seriously we have had like 6 inches of rain to 3 days! Plus I have had to walk a cornfield (detasseling) with huge lake sized puddles!
It to bad we can't spread the rain out.

deltablack22

Hey AZ... My coralife ro/di unit (Im pretty sure its just like yours) reads a little high and its only been in operation a few months. It read zero at first but it fluctuates here and there. I've seen it read up to 30 but I just tested it when I read your post and it read 2. I honestly wouldnt worry that much about a TDS reading of 37 but thats just me. Hope you get it figured out...
Oh, I got the Koralia 2's in and they work great. I appreciate the recommendation!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
Hey AZ... My coralife ro/di unit (Im pretty sure its just like yours) reads a little high and its only been in operation a few months. It read zero at first but it fluctuates here and there. I've seen it read up to 30 but I just tested it when I read your post and it read 2. I honestly wouldnt worry that much about a TDS reading of 37 but thats just me. Hope you get it figured out...
Oh, I got the Koralia 2's in and they work great. I appreciate the recommendation!
Thanks for the feedback. I've been talking with some locals here in town and learning what they have done. I guess there is a pretty good company right here in the Phoneix area that has great filters and RO units and seems the filters might fit my unit, so it might be an easy fix.
Glad you are liking the Koralias. I have to say that two of my Koralias, a #2 and #3 both stopped working. But, Hydor was very good about it and they are replacing both of them. (24 month gaurantee)

azfishgal

I did a little re-aquascaping today. My mushroom was just getting to cramped in the area that he was at, and I didn't really have another place to put him besides the sand. After it was all said and done I really like how it turned out because now the fish have a mini canyon to swim through, and there is another cave under the rocks just to the right of the canyon (can't see it though in the pictures).
There is one fish that doesn't seem to be to happy. My Royal Gramma had his home in these rocks and now he's swimming around trying to find it. Poor little guy. But I'm sure he'll find the roomy cave that he can now go in.

BEFORE:

And after......

Now it will just take some time for the coraline to grow over the white part of the rock.