Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Kevin34
I love your frogspawn.

Thanks, it's my favorite coral so far. It's getting so big I may have to frag it soon.

kevin34

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Thanks, it's my favorite coral so far. It's getting so big I may have to frag it soon.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff today so my tank is coming along. Lights and RO unit are really the only expensive things left besides livestock. Make sure to send me one of those frogspawn frags.
We'll work out some kind of trade. lol

bgrae001

Hey there AZ, your tank is awesome
I cant wait to get home and start putting together my new 200 gal. Only 13 months to go!
I really miss my family and its just too hot in Iraq!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by bgrae001
Hey there AZ, your tank is awesome
I cant wait to get home and start putting together my new 200 gal. Only 13 months to go!
I really miss my family and its just too hot in Iraq!
Our country is forever in your debt. Words really can't say how much I appreciate all of you that serve, and your families for their sacrafice.

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better here in Phoenix we have had the hottest summer on record. It was 109 today, but 114 yesterday. We've had 30 days this summer over 110.
Can't wait for October when it starts to cool down. But it's not even close to what you are having to deal with.
200 gallons? I wish I would have gone a little larger. I like the length of my 6' tank, but it would be nice if it was wider, it would have been easier to make caves and canyons.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by derickd
i think you should just give me your tank and stand and ill give you my stand and call it good

azfishgal

I use a plastic clip. It came with the algea sheets I bought, but I will need to get another one soon, as the suction cup has about had it. On my QT tank I use the mag-float, works great.

deltablack22

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better here in Phoenix we have had the hottest summer on record. It was 109 today, but 114 yesterday. We've had 30 days this summer over 110.
Can't wait for October when it starts to cool down. But it's not even close to what you are having to deal with.

I dont think I've ever been to phoenix other than just passing through, but the heat in Iraq feels just like when you open an oven... Its really dry and different from say Georgia heat. I would imagine its a lot like Phoenix, but last time I was over there my compass/thermometer recorded temps in the upper 120's... I think that region usually records some of the highest temps in the world.

minifishy

Hi Az .... i love your blue zoos ... try to find here on some local store ... but can't ... i think i have to wait till you frag them and sell ..... lol....by the way is it expensive?
love your tank ....

bgrae001

Our country is forever in your debt. Words really can't say how much I appreciate all of you that serve, and your families for their sacrafice.

200 gallons? I wish I would have gone a little larger. I like the length of my 6' tank, but it would be nice if it was wider, it would have been easier to make caves and canyons.
My tank is going to be 2 meters long by 60 cm wide by 50 cm high. I'm going with the wider than taller tank so I can save some money on lights and do more caves. I have a friend back in Germany that is going to build it for me with overflows for $450.00

J

jrthomas40

i am pretty sure this question has been asked before but this thread is 22 pages long...but what kind of MH do you have on there i like that color and it seems you are having a lot of growth with them so i would like to give them a shot since i am in the hunt for new bulbs

azfishgal

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
I dont think I've ever been to phoenix other than just passing through, but the heat in Iraq feels just like when you open an oven... Its really dry and different from say Georgia heat. I would imagine its a lot like Phoenix, but last time I was over there my compass/thermometer recorded temps in the upper 120's... I think that region usually records some of the highest temps in the world.
We also use the description of "stick your head in an oven" to describe our heat. If you think it cools down when the wind blows just stick your head in front of a blow dryer, not to much relief there.
We have several people here from Iraq and surrounding areas that live here. They say it reminds them of home, complete with full blown dust storms.

Originally Posted by MiniFishy
Hi Az .... i love your blue zoos ... try to find here on some local store ... but can't ... i think i have to wait till you frag them and sell ..... lol....by the way is it expensive?
love your tank ....
I bought the Tub's Blue Zoos from a local reefer for $40, which is actually a pretty good price for those. The other zoos I bought from a company in Florida. I have yet to find any colorful zoos at my lfs.
Originally Posted by bgrae001

My tank is going to be 2 meters long by 60 cm wide by 50 cm high. I'm going with the wider than taller tank so I can save some money on lights and do more caves. I have a friend back in Germany that is going to build it for me with overflows for $450.00
Cool, can't wait to see it up and running.
Originally Posted by -jrthomas40

i am pretty sure this question has been asked before but this thread is 22 pages long...but what kind of MH do you have on there i like that color and it seems you are having a lot of growth with them so i would like to give them a shot since i am in the hunt for new bulbs
I have two 250W SE CoralVue bulbs with Mini-Luminarc Reflectors and Icecap ballasts. My full tank pictures actually show my tank more blue then what it really is. But the close up pictures are more accurate. I love the lights and the way it makes my tank look, and you are right, my corals seem to love them.

deltablack22

Oh, I forgot about the wind. Your totally right about feeling like a hair dryer. I guess the heat is pretty close then. I actually think the heat down south is worse than Iraq. I'll take dry heat over muggy humid heat any day...

coral keeper

I use a plastic clip. It came with the algea sheets I bought, but I will need to get another one soon, as the suction cup has about had it. On my QT tank I use the mag-float, works great.

Thanks azfishgal!!!! Keep up the good work!

nbzak

Hi AzGal, I've been reading your thread for a while now, I live in Sierra Vista, AZ......grew up in Phx though. Went this week to Phx and visited the swf stores that were mentioned in the thread earlier and they were great...The Petsmart was better than I would have imagined.

We have a new home construction going on, I just recv'd my 240gal tank a week ago and tomorrow we (they) are building the stand which will be built in the wall as a room divider.
The weather here in S.V. did not get over 90 degrees all weekend. It is much easier to take than the >100 degrees.
Thanks for all your advice along your way. It's kind of fun to know your typing to someone in your own state. Even though everyone does sound very helpful throughout. Anyway Thanks again. NBZAK