Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

azfishgal

Here are some new pics of my tank. It's now 8 months old. (Sorry for the glare.)

Birdsnest has sprouted lots of new branches.

These are my newest zoas, gotta love them!

I'll try and get some pics of my Flame Angel, but she's fast and loves to hide in the cave if you get any where close to the tank.

azfishgal

OK, after taking more than 100 pics (most of them in her cave or a big blur
) a managed to get a few worth posting.

Her favorite place to be.

I see you!!!

coral keeper

Wow! It looks VERY nice and color full! Is s/he eating? When is s/he going to go in the DT? Do you know if its a he or a she? Is s/he your last fish? Good luck!

azfishgal

The Flame Angel, named Lava by my older daughter, is eating up everything I put in the tank and no I don't know if it's a male or female. It's a "she" according to my daughter.
She will be added to the tank gang in two weeks if all goes well. She will be the last fish to go in.

bronco300

your coraline rock looks awesome!! Mark it, from here, 10/26/2007...I will need an update from you about your zoo garden
Tank looks great though thats for sure, gotta love those zoos!

azfishgal

Thanks Bronco, and I will give you that update. And I'm really happy with my coraline growth. Seemed to take off from the very beginning and now even my base rock is covered. Got'a love it!

kevin34

Hey Az, can you give me some info on your canopy? What is it made out of, what are the dimensions, how many fans do you have hooked up and are they on both sides or just one, do you have a top on the canopy or is it just open? Any other info would be great too.
Thanks in advance

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Hey Az, can you give me some info on your canopy? What is it made out of, what are the dimensions, how many fans do you have hooked up and are they on both sides or just one, do you have a top on the canopy or is it just open? Any other info would be great too.
Thanks in advance
The canopy is about 73.5" x 18.5" and it's open on the top, except for the beams going across to hold the lights. The wood is cherry on the outside, and the inside back and sides are lined with melamine (same as the stand). I have two fans on either side, but only need to run one of them. I ran the second fan at times if the tank got above 82, which wasn't very often. Now that it's cooler only the one fan is turned on (I also have a fan in the sump that runs 24/7). You can see detailed pics of the canopy on post #798 of this thread and then a little further down I have pics of the fan inside the copy.
Here is the link to the canopy pictures: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/251404/azfishgal-new-tank-diary/300
Go one more page over and it will show the fan inside the canopy.

bgrae001

I like the new pictures of your tank. I'm bidding in my 150 gal on a German site. I will know if I get it in 3 days. I'm wining it for $63.00 yeah....
It's too bad I wont be able to set it up till I get back from Iraq in Oct 08..

gnorman

azfishgal,
ur tank looks amazing. i remember when u were just setting it up b/c i was going through the same process at the same time as u. what a good great job u have done your tank is so beautiful.

Hey AZfishgal here is a thread on how to frag a frog. Just scroll almost half way down and its labled "fragging frogspawn". Just dont forget about me when fragging it.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by kingfish8302
Hey AZfishgal here is a thread on how to frag a frog. Just scroll almost half way down and its labled "fragging frogspawn
". Just dont forget about me when fragging it.

You forgot to leave the link.
Either that or it was a link from a different website, which is a no-no. You can pm and tell me though.

anonome

Wow, girl.....I haven't been on your thread in awhile, and you have really done a great job. I love the flame!! Wish you luck with it. Your tank is really maturing fast, and that is a good sign that all your hard work is paying off. Keep up with the hard......or should I say the "love" work. Another gal reefer, Stephanie.