Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Wow! I have not seen your tank in forever since I havent been on the boards in a very long time. I just would like to say that your tank has changed alot and you are very good at taking some pictures. I really love the look of your tank and its good to see that all the fish are happy and healthy. Very nice job.
Tyler
Thanks so much. It's been a lot of work but it's now paying off now that I can just sit back and enjoy it.

fish addict

Wouldn't you have to set up a entirely different tank to raise the babies? Because I would think it would be basically impossible to keep the fry alive in a DT because of flow issues and they wouldn't be able to get food. Then you could put urchins in the fry tank for them to hide in without worrying about them knocking over things in your DT.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by fish addict
Wouldn't you have to set up a entirely different tank to raise the babies? Because I would think it would be basically impossible to keep the fry alive in a DT because of flow issues and they wouldn't be able to get food. Then you could put urchins in the fry tank for them to hide in without worrying about them knocking over things in your DT.
Yes, I will need a different tank if I decide to raise the babies. I actually still have my 10 gallon QT still set up, so I may try and catch the male and put him in there, or I will keep him in the breeder net and when he releases the babies, let him swim out and put the babies in the QT. This is what I will more than likely do because I need to check the water in the QT, I'm sure it's not ideal at this point. So it will take me a few days to get the water parameters up to par.

mie

Your thread title is outdated considering you are closing in on the 1 year mark. cograts..

azfishgal

Originally Posted by mie
Your thread title is outdated considering you are closing in on the 1 year mark. cograts..
You are right about that. It's quickly coming to a close. It's hard to believe I've been working on this for a year.....how time flies when you are throwing money away!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Kevin34
How tall is your canopy again? I went back in the thread but couldnt find the height.
It's a little over 19" tall. That is top to bottom including about 1/2" of trim on top and bottom. (I sent your email to my husband, so hopefully he will get some more details for you soon.)

m0nk

It's been a while since I've checked out your thread and yes, I'm in agreement with everyone, your tank is looking amazing! Keep up what you're doing, and keeping posting pics!

V

vicegrip

Is the birds nest a green polyp?
i bought a green polyp last winter and I love it.
grows fast.
Tank looks great.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by vicegrip
Is the birds nest a green polyp?
i bought a green polyp last winter and I love it.
grows fast.
Tank looks great.
Actually it's a pink birds nest, but it looks brown right now. I've seen the mother colony and the lower portion looks brown but as it get's closer to the top it's pink. So I'm hoping my little frag will pink up as it grows.
Here is my final picture for this thread. I'll do a one year update thread in March.

hefner413

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Here is my final picture for this thread. I'll do a one year update thread in March.
Uhhh. - you don't mean that we have to wait until March to see any more pics, do you?

ghettotang

Wow!! Az your tank looking awsome. Well I have started my tank already. My question to you is that when you buy coral. How do you get them attach to the rock that already inside of the tank.