barry bonds is at 740 now

marinfire1

i love going to the games... the park is like no other ...cant wait to go in the cove on my boat once he is a few away from it....

pontius

instead of starting a new thread everytime he hits a homerun, can't you just add to the other 3 threads that have already been started? is there something new to discuss about Bonds and homeruns?

earlybird

Originally Posted by Pontius
instead of starting a new thread everytime he hits a homerun, can't you just add to the other 3 threads that have already been started? is there something new to discuss about Bonds and homeruns?
Combine the three and create an "official" thread.

seasalt101

by the way to those who said 50% of the fans don't like him after hitting 740, on the road he got a standing ovation in arizona, i think that stating that they speak for half the population has an ego problem...but that is jmo...tobin

zanoshanox

bonds has no class whatsoever, a tremendous talent, but he has never been loved by the fans. He is arrogant, and even though he will break the record no doubt, i think his steroid use should take a lot fo the flare off of the record....we all knwo hammerin' hank wasnt on the juice. His home runs were legit.

seasalt101

how do we know who was on the "juice" they didn't start testing till the late 1990's and the ones that were on the juice definately won't come forward with any confession i am no scientist by any means but i know steroids have been around since at least the 70's if they are or are not so what, it is there body no matter how many steroids they take it does not make the ball any easier to hit, hell the pitcher is the one who leaves it over the fat part of the plate, it's not like these homeruns were hit on a pitch that was low and outside, they throw to a powerhitter in the meaty part those pitches leave the park it's always been like that, and always will be...tobin

tx reef

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Actually they do. If I tried I wouldnt no matter what. You needa be built.

You can be the strongest person on the field and never hit a homer if you don't have the right swing.

triga22

Ok. But gramps cant hit a homer even if he has a good swing. It actually matters where the ball hits the bat. Thats up to the placement of the pitchers throw. There is a couple inches n the bat thatll hit a homer.

triga22

Originally Posted by Ryan McAdams
Bonds is a joke.
Shoot up some more Barry.
Go break records that you dont deserve.
AMEN!

ryan mcadams

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Muscles do not make hitting homers any easier...it's mostly about the swing.
WRONG.
That's like saying a supercharger doesn't make your car any faster.... it's all about the motor.

ryan mcadams

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
bonds has no class whatsoever, a tremendous talent, but he has never been loved by the fans. He is arrogant, and even though he will break the record no doubt, i think his steroid use should take a lot fo the flare off of the record....we all knwo hammerin' hank wasnt on the juice. His home runs were legit.
Quoted.
For.
Truth.

seasalt101

you don't have to be built to hit a homerun remember daryl strawberry he hit alot and he was downright scrawny, any player in the major leages can hit one, even the little guys hit 2-10 a year it is where the pitch is placed to coincide with the swing of the bat that is it...tobin

triga22

Yea they can get lucky 2 a year. Its not swing its the ball placement. Barrry is built on steriods. So he gets 300 a year not 2. BIGGGGG Difference.

ryan mcadams

Originally Posted by seasalt101
you don't have to be built to hit a homerun remember daryl strawberry he hit alot and he was downright scrawny, any player in the major leages can hit one, even the little guys hit 2-10 a year it is where the pitch is placed to coincide with the swing of the bat that is it...tobin
Barry Bonds has hit plenty of home runs that were not sweet spot home runs as have some of baseball's other "big dudes".
It is absolutely possible and happens all the time where you just over hit a ball that doesn't hit the sweet spot and the ball goes (read home run).
Bonds is not even close to being in the same league as Hank and it's a shame that the home run record will be tarnished by him holding it.
Yes guys like Darryl Strawberry and Eric Davis were both lanky dudes who could hit home runs but that doesn't take away from the fact that being built allows you to hit more
home runs.