BIGUN Has A BOOBOO

sueandherzoo

Awwwwwwwwww - I was so afraid of seeing that but I think we all knew in our hearts that it was inevitable. And you know what? As sad as I am for you I am almost happy for him. He's no longer struggling and suffering. Believing in the afterlife as much as I do I'm sure he's in a great place and he knows how hard you tried. Now he (and you!) can rest in peace.
So sorry for your loss, though -- it's so hard on the ones who loved the one who passed.
Sue

rykna

I am so sorry to hear about Bigun. You did all you could. Here's a cyber hug for you {meowzer}.
~Rykna

nw2salt08

I am so sorry.
He fought a lot longer than anyone had anticipated and you worked really hard to try to help him. At least he isn't hurting anymore. I'm sure that you holding him while he was passing in a way did comfort him. You are such a good seahorse mom. You did so much for him. We're all here for you if you need anything. ~hugs~

meowzer

I sent swabs to NY for evaluation...I would like to share the results...even though disappointing..
Hi Lois, I'm so sorry things didn't work out. You certainly made a tremendous effort.he results were unfortunately not conclusive. I cultured the water and the normal skin area so that I could eliminate "normal flora" from the disease lesion culture and figure out what the problematic organisms was. The water culture grew fine, the skin did as well, but the wound culture grew absolutely nothing. Very unusual result, until I looked up what was in Bio-bandage. It has neomycin, which evidently killed everything in the wound, so I couldn't tell what the pathogen was. In the future if you have a problem again (and I am sure you'll be keeping an eye on your girl), let's get the culture before administering any anitbiotics.
Considering the wound was essentially sterile, and the eye involvement, I think the disease became blood-borne. So the Baytril or neomycin might have worked, but he had an overwhelming infection.

outsdr2

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3072209
Thanks guys...I had to put away and clean up all his stuff...i could not stand to see his qt and castle w/o him.....I also just buried him in a shady little corner of my garden...he has his castle and bridge as his marker....
RIP I was so hoping for a happy ending.

hlcroghan

So sorry to hear that Ms. Kitty.....I can't believe how hard you tried and how long he held on. I'm very sorry for your loss..

flower

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3072131
This is something I was never hoping to say...BIGUN has given up the fight....About 30 minutes ago, I took him out to feed him...I knew right away something was different about him....I held him in my hand in the feeding bowl carressing him as he took his last breaths. I only hope I was comforting him....RIP BIGUN.....

I just logged on....

teresaq

Oh Lois, I am so sorry. We are in atlanta and I just got on. Dont beat yourself up, you did so much for him.
T