Bit The Dust....maybe

reefraff

I am not fond of cats (except for kittens) but dam! that had to hurt. Cats are really resilient, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back around in a day or too.
But I have to admit I laughed when I read the post

runn3rb3an

Oh no I hope the 'stang is okay!!!!

Ha I'm just kidding (mostly) I hope your cat is fine though. My aunts dog was just put down today so I know how you feel kinda. I would imagine your cat is still alive somewhere because being ripped up by a belt isn't exactly "clean" if u can't find blood or bits of kitty fur I would expect to see her soon.

gypsana

Why are people so insensitive? Some of the reply's are rude and stupid, keep them to yourselfs. No matter what kind of animal it was it was her pet. Losing a pet no matter what kind of animal/fish/reptile it happens to be is terrible. I hope it was not your cat. Meowzer, this made me sad.

meowzer

Originally Posted by gypsana
http:///forum/post/3029966
Why are people so insensitive? Some of the reply's are rude and stupid, keep them to yourselfs. No matter what kind of animal it was it was her pet. Losing a pet no matter what kind of animal/fish/reptile it happens to be is terrible. I hope it was not your cat. Meowzer, this made me sad.

Thank you....I have my 2 indoor cats, BUT this one we found as a kitten over 8 years ago...My dog (a pug) actually attacked it and made it "CRAZY" I tried to bring it in after that and it would literally climb the walls..SO I made sure she was spayed and she had her current shots....
As of this morning...no Frisky
....Maybe tonight she'll come home...my husband thinks she's gone...I will hold out hope for a few days anyway.

bionicarm

So you never said if you found anything except fur in the engine compartment. If the cat had been really hurt, I'd imagine you'd find some blood or other cat parts stuck somewhere by the radiator or up on the inside of the hood. If nothing else is inside the engine compartment, he/she is probably just hiding around a neighbors house still traumatized. Do you feed it soft food out of a can? Go walk around your house tapping on the side of a Little Friskies can and see if it comes out of hiding. If you have no other strays around your house, leave it on the porch and see if it's eaten the next day.

meowzer

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3030038
So you never said if you found anything except fur in the engine compartment. If the cat had been really hurt, I'd imagine you'd find some blood or other cat parts stuck somewhere by the radiator or up on the inside of the hood. If nothing else is inside the engine compartment, he/she is probably just hiding around a neighbors house still traumatized. Do you feed it soft food out of a can? Go walk around your house tapping on the side of a Little Friskies can and see if it comes out of hiding. If you have no other strays around your house, leave it on the porch and see if it's eaten the next day.
WELL...It was pouring out so hard I was surprised that there was fur...SO no...I found nothing else....I feed her dry food, and last night, and again this morning I walked around with the food in a cup shaking it...I have no neighbors since I live in the country...so therefore my next worry is she is hurt, and a coyote got her...

spanko

She is in Oklahoma. Probably coyotes and other nasty critters running around that would love some canned food, and maybe a dying cat!!!

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3030047
She is in Oklahoma. Probably coyotes and other nasty critters running around that would love some canned food, and maybe a dying cat!!!

exactly.....we have buzzards bigger than the dogs
LOL...the dog is a pug BTW

reefraff

If there was no blood I wouldn't give up hope. Give it a couple days. If it doesn't have an open would it could lay up somewhere without the predators finding it.
My mom's house is on a pretty busy street and I have seen cats walk away from some pretty solid hits there. One of the neighbors cats got hit and it's leg was broken. The treatment was to keep it in the house for a couple weeks so it wouldn't aggravate the break climbing or jumping. Like I said earlier cats have an amazing ability to recover from injuries.

meowzer

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3030214
If there was no blood I wouldn't give up hope. Give it a couple days. If it doesn't have an open would it could lay up somewhere without the predators finding it.
My mom's house is on a pretty busy street and I have seen cats walk away from some pretty solid hits there. One of the neighbors cats got hit and it's leg was broken. The treatment was to keep it in the house for a couple weeks so it wouldn't aggravate the break climbing or jumping. Like I said earlier cats have an amazing ability to recover from injuries.
Thank you...I am still holding out.....I will keep food out, and I'll keep looking and calling for her too.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3030223
Thank you...I am still holding out.....I will keep food out, and I'll keep looking and calling for her too.
I hope you find her and avoid finding 100 other hungry cats in the process.

meowzer

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3030260
I hope you find her and avoid finding 100 other hungry cats in the process.
Thanks....I have a habit of finding strays, BUT then I find them homes...I found a prego one, brought her in, gave her the spare bedroom...helped deliver her kittens, and then found ALL of them homes

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3030271
Thanks....I have a habit of finding strays, BUT then I find them homes...I found a prego one, brought her in, gave her the spare bedroom...helped deliver her kittens, and then found ALL of them homes
I let natural selection do it's own bidding. Why supplement symbiosis where it does not belong?

wattsupdoc

Sorry, but I have to agree here. Really by intervening you are most likely doing more harm than good. It's possible that you may have even caused more cats to starve to death later on. Who knows. I imagine though that at least one of those kittens wasn't neutered then ended up homeless, just to start the cycle all over. People just don't do right by their animals. The neighbors have several skinny little scruffy looking cats they try to feed. They breed and get skinnier, they come down here, get in my trash and I have to put them down. I don't like doing it, but they are starving anyways. Still they keep feeding them, just enough to keep them there. I don't understand it really. Why not if they want to do some good, take one of the kittens, get it neutered, give it a good loving home, and let the rest starve. There would be so much less suffering that way.
I think your kitty will be back soon.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3030318
Sorry, but I have to agree here. Really by intervening you are most likely doing more harm than good. It's possible that you may have even caused more cats to starve to death later on. Who knows. I imagine though that at least one of those kittens wasn't neutered then ended up homeless, just to start the cycle all over. People just don't do right by their animals. The neighbors have several skinny little scruffy looking cats they try to feed. They breed and get skinnier, they come down here, get in my trash and I have to put them down. I don't like doing it, but they are starving anyways. Still they keep feeding them, just enough to keep them there. I don't understand it really. Why not if they want to do some good, take one of the kittens, get it neutered, give it a good loving home, and let the rest starve. There would be so much less suffering that way.

I was just busting her lamb chops, glad to know that you agree with me though.

You do have a very valid point though and I can't find a flaw in your reasoning

meowzer

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3030318

LOL...When we first moved here there were about 15 dogs...remember now...my closest neighbor is over a mile away...so they belonged to nobody..they were disgusting...chows, shepherds, mixes...skin, bones and mange...well apparently the people before us was dropping off trash in the road for them
nothing but junk though...well I hate to say this...my husband sat on the roof each night, and within a week...well they were put out of their misery....
I don't think that's the same though as taking in a stray and finding a home for it