Black Tip Reef Shark

rane

Your welcome Von...That goes for anyone that wants a video or pics hosted on the subject, Its incredible the amount of hits the ftp has gotten for the videos turned out better then I expected

thats the nicest shark ive ever seen how much money did it cost you to make that aquarium after everything thats niceee. Also do u have any pics of any of those other sharks those are also really nice sharks

novice150

RANE: Thank you so much for putting those vids up for me:) I've sent a lot of my friends to check them out too. I tried doing the same on my MSN site, but even I cant open it:D I have a much longer vid that I didn't send to anyone (due to its length) if your interested?
Von Rahvin: Thank you:)
Piccassotrigger: Thanks to my wifes talent of record keeping, I am able to give you a number:D The cost for everything, from the first piece of wood, to the last shark was approx $8,675.
I have don't have many pics of the other sharks. I'll take some and post them soon.

rane

Novice it will be my pleasure to host that vid and any others, use the ftp info and see if you can upload it, Do you know how to upload to an ftp?...the problem with large vids is that most e-mail servers wont let you send anything over 4mbs and most e-mail accounts dont hold more then 20mbs so thats why I decided it might be better to host it on the ftp and that way anyone can grab it I have about 120GB of space left on that server so there is pleanty of room :)

Wow that has go to be the nicest set up ive ever seen in a home aquarium that blacktip reef shark is awsome. I envy you man lol. How much does a shark like that eat. Also there really active right ?

novice150

RANE: I appreciate you hosting the vids for me. I'll try to get the big one over to you soon. :D
Piccaso. Thank you very much! He eats alot. He eats 2-3 time per week. I haven't weighed it out, but he eats a combination (2-3 items each feeding) of the following in one meal.
2- Large Scallops
5-7 Large Silversides
4-5 Large shucked clams
1- Fillet of Cod
1-Fillet of Halibut
3-4 Large pieces of squid
1-2 Chunks of Lobster
Truth is, this shark eats WAY better than I do.

melbournefl

Hey NOVICE send the lobster and scallops out here, I'll send you bait squid in exchange ... even pound for pound trade of course :p
Talk to you later dude,
Paul

novice150

Paul: I may have to take you up on the bait squid:D
lebowski: The black tip cost me just over 1000, not including shipping of course.
juggernaut: LOL, thanks. I've named all my sharks,
leopard: Leo
Horn: Horny
Bamboo: Bambi (courtesy of wife) :D
Black Tip: His name is Jaws. But I may change it to A hole, if he doesn't stop eating his tank mates.

watcher

What fish did she/he eat?
I think it would be really cool if u added a few large groupers and a school of tangs....man i wish i had your tank..keep it up :)

novice150

Watcher: I agree on your choice of fish. The problem is, that's exactly what he has eaten. A few tangs and a grouper!
I've been trying to add a little color to the tank, and its really become a trial and error thing. So far he has eaten, a marine Betta (the biggest one I have ever seen), two large yellow tangs, and a large cinnamon clown. He doesn't seem to have a taste for wrasse, or damsels. Probably doesn't eat the damsels because they're not worth his time to catch. I'm trying to find a really big grouper now, but worry they are not fast enough.

novice150

Splash: Yeah, I saw him eat the betta. I spent an hour acclimating the betta, then gently netted him, and placed him in the tank. In less than 2 seconds, he was gone.

oceanclear

DO YOU KEEP THE BLACKTIP IN THE SAME TANK AS THE LEOPARD SHARK?AND WHAT TEMP DO YOU KEEP THE TANK AT.SINCE
LEOPARDS ARE COLD WATER SHARKS?
THANKS NOVICE150

novice150

I keep the water at a happy medium for the sharks. 74-76 degrees is average. IME leopards sharks acclimate very well to slightly warmer conditions. Its not like they spend 100% of their lives in COLD water.