Bonebrake's 24 Gal. JBJ Nano Cube!

bonebrake

Frank the yellow watchman goby, Cryptocentrus cinctus, chilling out at his post with some orange bam-bam zoanthids and some weird zoanthid that is growing rather quickly.

bonebrake

Frederica and Ethan the false percula clownfish, Amphiprion ocellaris, being hosted by their green hairy mushrooms.

bonebrake

Zoanthids only "eat" light, but palythoas will eat anything you feed your fish. I spot feed the palythoas 2-3 times a week and they grow much faster.
:joy:

bonebrake

Sure, use a turkey baster and very gently squeeze out some flakes, pellets, or whatever into their mouths and let them close up around it.

bonebrake

Originally Posted by BLB9
Bone, what type of sand is that? has it helped you with nitrates?
It is actually cheap-o silica sand. My nitrates have always measured less than 2.5 ppm since it has finished cycling. They did hit 10 ppm for a week or so when I had a dying gorgonian in the tank, but went down after I took it out. I would assume the sand helps, there are plenty of bubbles along the glass within the sandbed, so I would assume this is nitrate being processed to nitrogen gas.
Originally Posted by TriGa22

:scared: Your tank is amazing!! Best nano out there!!

Wow! Thanks buddy! I don't think it is the best out there, but that sure does make a reefer feel good when someone says that about their tank!

perfectdark

Wow, looks awesome man, very nice layout of your corals.
I want one of those clams bad, are those the ones that get humongus?

bonebrake

Yes, a well cared for Tridacna derasa can reach 20"+ and this guy if properly cared for can double his size in a year. Some of these clams have been found in deeper water and can survive and thrive without metal halide lighting. His coloration is magnificent and he isn't excessively expanding his mantle either to get more light under the power compact fluorescent which is a good sign he is satisfied with the light. I am moving in July and will be upgrading to a much larger aquarium so he'll have plenty of space and I will get halides for him and the SPS.

P.S. - If you want to try a clam, I highly recommend a T. derasa
, they have beautiful coloration and many of the ones you buy today are aquacultured so they are more adept to survival in captivity and they are the only species that can thrive under power compacts. With the others it is hit or miss long-term and more times they are a miss.

adairable

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Yes, a well cared for Tridacna derasa can reach 20"+ and this guy if properly cared for can double his size in a year. Some of these clams have been found in deeper water and can survive and thrive without metal halide lighting. His coloration is magnificent and he isn't excessively expanding his mantle either to get more light under the power compact fluorescent which is a good sign he is satisfied with the light. I am moving in July and will be upgrading to a much larger aquarium so he'll have plenty of space and I will get halides for him and the SPS.

, they have beautiful coloration and many of the ones you buy today are aquacultured so they are more adept to survival in captivity and they are the only species that can thrive under power compacts. With the others it is hit or miss long-term and more times they are a miss.
clam sounds good for dinner!!!

just kidding!
anywho, sorry I haven't emailed you....Im a bum. You still wanna get a shipment together?

bonebrake

Sure buddy, I am in no real hurry, but I am going on vacation for a week starting this Friday, so either this week or three weeks from now unless it is an all dry good shipment then it doesn't matter.

perfectdark

SWEET I am going to look into it.

adairable

Sure buddy, I am in no real hurry, but I am going on vacation for a week starting this Friday, so either this week or three weeks from now unless it is an all dry good shipment then it doesn't matter.
well poo.....I guess this week b/c i wanna test the alkalinity asap :thinking:
let me see what livestock I wanna rack up the pocketbook with b/c its like a 100 minimum more or less right??? What livestock were you thinking about buddy?

blb9

How has the silica sand worked out for you? What type is it? This is such a debated topic, and your input would be great

pete43

Hey Steve,tank looks great!Let me know if you want to get rid of some of those Merletti.I have a few heads of purple tip frogspawn 3-4" in heads
Once again,tank looks great.So long-Pete