Bonebrake's 24 Gal. JBJ Nano Cube!

bonebrake

Originally Posted by Adairable
um... ro/di is exactly what? there should be a "key" for all the abbreviations. I am still lost on a few :thinking: but I am guessing this one has to do with where i get my water and when i tell you it is from my tap that is part of an ancient house you will probably yell at me so howabout you tell me where I should be getting my water from....that would be super!
I have salt mix though that I got when I purchased LR and LS and I also have a hydrometer and that is about all.
btw thanks for all the help so far!
Yeah, you definitely do not want to use tap water. You'll have algae out the yin-yang and your tank will look like trash. You can buy your own RO/DI unit (Reverse Osmosis/Deionization) unit for $150-200 to make your own water or you can buy RO/DI water at Wal-Mart for $0.62 per gallon it has a purple label and purple cap and is labeled 'Distilled Water'.
:joy:

adairable

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Yeah, you definitely do not want to use tap water. You'll have algae out the yin-yang and your tank will look like trash. You can buy your own RO/DI unit (Reverse Osmosis/Deionization) unit for $150-200 to make your own water or you can buy RO/DI water at Wal-Mart for $0.62 per gallon it has a purple label and purple cap and is labeled 'Distilled Water'.
to walmart it is then!!!!

bonebrake

Originally Posted by Bronco300
greatlooking tank!! how bout some more pictures of those red blastos on the sand!

Coming right up!

bonebrake

Top down shot of various mushrooms, a favite, some zoanthids, and last but not least, my electric blue hermit "Dozer" because he bulldozes at least one or two corals down ever week!

bonebrake

Top down shot: starting on the left fire and ice zoanthids, in the top center a pink Ricordea florida, on the right, perhaps one of my favorite corals because it has grown from a mere seven polyps in the past year I have had it, Blastomussa merletti.

bonebrake

Top down shot of neon toxic green Tonga mushrooms and a small bundle of orange bam-bam zoanthids in the bottom right.

bonebrake

Top down shot of Caulastrea echinulata (also known as trumpet coral or candy cane coral). This has doubled in size since I got it a little over six months ago and I have fragged it five or six times.

bonebrake

My lighting starting from the top:
18 separate one watt 420 nm wide-angle LED moonlights that I leave on 24/7.
36 watt power compact fluorescent true actinic 03 peaking at 420 nm.
36 watt power compact fluorescent 50/50: first tube is 10,000 K and the second tube is 7,100 K blue.