BTLDreef's 180 Tank Build

btldreef

After hearing some of the "toys" you have with your tanks....... I feel sorry for your pocket book!

Lol, don't feel too bad. Back in March my husband and I were rear ended by a NYC Yellow Taxi. Let's just say, my husband has 8 herniated disks, I have nerve damage, and we have a darn good lawyer!:laughing:

btldreef

Yes... Therapy, lol
The worst part is, we were coming home from you know where in Manhattan when it happened. Saddest thing, the paramedics wanted me to go to the hospital and I refused because I needed to get my corals home. Lol

E

eric b 125

TL: I'm sure you're getting sick of answering my lame questions about MP40's, but I have one more for you.... when you just have your return pump running, how close is your water to your cross braces? Mine literally licks the cross brace, with my mag 18 return pump dialed down. I'm going to swap out my 18 for my spare 12 when I get the replacement parts ( will come when the VorTechs do). I'm hoping I can get away with running the 12 on 100%... Once the MP40's go in I plan on directing my return water behind the rockwork.

1guydude

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhh man.......
...... THAT is true dedication!
dedication? Thats true addiction man! LOL
o man gotta get my corals home!!!! corals coral corals ahhhhh
LMAO
we all have a coral problem me thinks

snakeblitz33

Heh, well... are you at least doing better now? Is that lawyer able to help you even though you refused medical attention at first?

btldreef

TL: I'm sure you're getting sick of answering my lame questions about MP40's, but I have one more for you.... when you just have your return pump running, how close is your water to your cross braces? Mine literally licks the cross brace, with my mag 18 return pump dialed down. I'm going to swap out my 18 for my spare 12 when I get the replacement parts ( will come when the VorTechs do). I'm hoping I can get away with running the 12 on 100%... Once the MP40's go in I plan on directing my return water behind the rockwork.
I've been trying to reply to this since late last night, but it doesnt seem to go through, let's try again...
Without the MP40s or MP10 on, my water is about 1.5-2" from the braces. I run a return pump rated at 1200gph, split to two returns in the tank (one at each overflow). One return is far stronger than the other. I have that one running across the back/middle of the tank from one side to the other and the weaker return pushes towards the front glass.
The MP's all run at about 85% in Nutrient Transport Mode. Before I had the 10, the two 40's ran in Random - Reef Crest mode at about 80-85%.

btldreef

Heh, well... are you at least doing better now? Is that lawyer able to help you even though you refused medical attention at first?
I thought that would be an issue, but in NY, you have 48 hours to seek medical attention, even if you initially refuse. This is because at first your body is running off adrenaline and many people don't feel the pain right away. I went home, acclimated my new purchases, ate dinner and went to my local ER, so they couldn't really argue anything. Top that with the fact that the taxi company sent us a letter accepting 100% responsibility for the accident (the didn't realize I was suing) and they wanted to settle fairly quick, lol

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/160#post_3408899
I thought that would be an issue, but in NY, you have 48 hours to seek medical attention, even if you initially refuse. This is because at first your body is running off adrenaline and many people don't feel the pain right away. I went home, acclimated my new purchases, ate dinner and went to my local ER, so they couldn't really argue anything. Top that with the fact that the taxi company sent us a letter accepting 100% responsibility for the accident (the didn't realize I was suing) and they wanted to settle fairly quick, lol
Who in their right mind would EVER do this? Well there stupidity helped you guys in the long run!!!!!!! Glad they paid for their OOPS!!!!

btldreef

Well, we didn't loose anything during the hurricane! So we added some things! I'll try to add some pictures before the end of the week.
new fish:
Yellow Candy Hogfish
Blue Mandarin
tiny Foxface (he's not going to be a long term member of the reef, he's just there to eat some bryopsis right now)
Orange Spotted Filefish (he's a rescue, he's starting to at least look at frozen, but up until now he'll only eat live brine and copepods and SPS)

meowzer

YAYYY....glad to hear it and WELCOME BACK
p.s.....go look at my thread in the disease section.....I lost everything in my 54G (except the goby) :(

scott t

Welcome back Tommielynn, glad you are back we missed you =) Glad to hear you and your tanks are ok!!! =)