BTLDreef's 180 Tank Build

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptics http:///forum/thread/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/100#post_3405438
You can put a mp10 on the 180? I have an mp40 on my 90g right now and wanted to put a mp10 on the opposite side but was told the glass was too thick. I was planning on another mp40 but if I can fit an mp10 that could save cash
It's been on for 24 hours, no issues, and I know a few other people that have done it as well on 180s and 225s. I've seen MP 10's on a 90 before. The guy that did my lights had 3 or 4 of them in his 90.
When did you get a MP40? Did I miss this? If you want to test out my MP10 one night to see if it will hold before you spend the money, let me know and I can bring it over, I have two of them now, LOL. We got ours from Mike in Deer Park, he honored the 10% discount on them since we are MR members which made a big difference when you're buying two of them!

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptics http:///forum/thread/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/100#post_3405438
You can put a mp10 on the 180? I have an mp40 on my 90g right now and wanted to put a mp10 on the opposite side but was told the glass was too thick. I was planning on another mp40 but if I can fit an mp10 that could save cash
I was thinking of doing the same on my 90g. I picked up my 40 2 weeks ago, now want a good counter currant, and am thinking this would be the trick. So if you take BTL up on her offer, let me know how it works, as I am looking at the same combo! (if your glass is the regular 3/8in glass for a 90, mp10's will work on them fine)

cryptics

I picked up an mp20 about a month ago and grabbed the upgrade kit to mp40w. I got the mp20 and the kit off MR for $250 total and the power supply from EcoTech for $50. It is not the ES version yet but I can get that upgrade kit off of EcoTech for $100 and sell the other one if I need it. I have a Koralina 4 on the other side of the tank right now. I figured the mp10 would be best for the other side. Another mp40 Would be overkill I believe

E

eric b 125

tommie lynn, how do you like the mp10 w/ the 40's? do you think the additional flow makes much of a difference or is the difference a result of being able to run a different mode?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B 125 http:///forum/thread/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/120#post_3406646
tommie lynn, how do you like the mp10 w/ the 40's? do you think the additional flow makes much of a difference or is the difference a result of being able to run a different mode?
The additional flow, crossed with the fact that I can run the extra mode is definitely making a visible difference in just the 5 days that it's been on the tank. The cross flow really helped and the nutrient export mode is definitely doing it's job, as I am getting better polyp extension, which everyone who runs this mode claims to get.

btldreef

Most of the pieces are ORA. We bought them from a guy who grew out a whole bunch of frags and now unfortunately has to shut down his tank, if you knew what we payed from some of these pieces tonight, you'd be sick. Let's just say none of them cost more than $150....
Pardon the crumby quality of some pics, my iPhone can only do so much. We're also having a little big of a hair algae issue, although it looks worse on pictures! Just did a major bump up on our CUC so hopefully we'll be good.
ORA Bird of Paradise

ORA Pink Birdsnest (came out of someone's tank, the white spots are just where it was being blocked from light)

ORA Green Birdsnest

Hello Diatoms, Say Hello to Mr. Florida Fighting Conch

btldreef

Not sure what this is. It's Tan with purple polyps, just a cool piece that we picked up.

ORA Bretty's Purple Rim Monti Cap (my phone sucks at photos!)

The other Fighting Conch

ORA Green Birdsnest

Huge SPS colony

ORA Bird's of Paradise

ORA Ponape Birdsnest

btldreef

New Stuff for the refugium! I have not planted anything yet, and the caulerpa is a mess because I just harvested it, but here ya go:
Graciliara, Fauchea (which you can't see in this first picture), Flame Algae and Pink Galaxy

My crazy, out of control caulerpa and the asterina stars I let spread for my harlequin shrimp

FTS. Pardon the mess, it's chaos when we add this much stuff

My Pistol Shrimps Home in the refugium (I had to view this from under the tank):

btldreef

FTS with just the blue LED lights on (our tank looks so full now with these pieces):

Our Blue Millipora is really, really started to take off in the new tank:

Red Chili Coral:

Feed us!

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/120#post_3407450
WOW....great stuff...lmk when you start to frag LOL
LOL, trust me, I will. These huge pieces took up so much darn room! We went there for the Bleeding Apple Scoly. When we got threw in the Patriot Scoly and sold them both to us for $175. Then started racking off what he was selling other things for and well, $500 later, I have corals, and algae and gorgonias, LOL.

btldreef

I can't get the rest of my pics to load. Meowzer, I haven't forgotton about the LED's I promised to post, but I think SWF is mad at me for how many pics I posted, LOL

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/385998/btldreef-s-180-tank-build/120#post_3407469
I can't get the rest of my pics to load. Meowzer, I haven't forgotton about the LED's I promised to post, but I think SWF is mad at me for how many pics I posted, LOL
That's ok....LOL....I found the old post, and I'm afraid to give my husband anything else to look at
he has spent the last 5 hours on the computer searching for all the components for a light
he talked to Shawn, and Corey posted a diagram...and now he is like a fanatic.....he's obsessed

jerth6932

As I drool as I post this........ dannnnnnng u got some sweet hook up! And a bleeding apple? With ponape (I can't find that no where near me)! It puts my 300 on Thursday to shame........... :cry:

1guydude

LOL jerth ur funny! Anything new is kool in my book!
Sweet sun coral BTL....i just got one today! Any tips on em?