Bush!!!!

radioactive

Firedad - where is that site ? hmmm no poll is there !! time to come clean.
Hmm - no poll - no weapons of mass destruction. now I see why you voted for Bush

C

capschamp

we have chosen our own fate. the vote was nearly split 50/50. (i think it was 51/49, correct me if i am wrong) so that means every one of us knows someone that voted for G-dub. As a teacher this makes me worry if i'll have a job next year cuz the govt is sending education funding elsewhere. But like i said, we all know someone that voted for bush, chances are we probly like that person too. So thank them. At least kerry had the sense not to drag us through another gore. And for those of you who are complaining, i hope you at least went out and voted. I know for a fact some that are complaining arent even old enough to vote.
fshhub:well stated about the evils.
:D

mukiwa

Originally posted by radioactive
Hmm - no poll - no weapons of mass destruction. now I see why you voted for Bush

O O O O I KNOW!!!!
OIL!!!!! :hilarious :hilarious

radioactive

Hilary is very intellegent. Hopefully she can straighten things out in 08' , by then we will have a complete mess to clean up ....

dicemanj

question on the economy, if bush is so bad for the economy, why did the market go through the roof when it opened this morning. Why did the market go down in late day trading when the exit polls showed Kerry was ahead.?
If Bush is that bad for the economy, why would people want to invest more?

radioactive

Simple - The stock Market generally will drop if investors do not have a clear picture. If an election is unstable the market will follow.

pontius

The economy was improving in a great way before 9/11, then that happened and the economy took a hit. They lower rates to their lowest point in decades. Now things are going better. The rates are going back up. Bush won. The economy is doing well. I predict 4 years from now, you naysayers won't believe you posted such things.

pontius

There's good and bad in everything. It's like some wise man said, "it's not as good as it seems, and it's not as bad as it seems"
I'm glad Bush won, and it's not like the world is going to fall apart because he won. And it wouldn't have if Kerry won either.
I DO wish that:
1> there were, say, 4 equal sized parties to give voters more choice in who to vote for.
or
2> a closer "middle ground" among the parties....more Democrats like Zell Miller and more Republicans like Rudy G.

pontius

Originally posted by radioactive
our deficit is climbing - will this be fixed in 4yrs ( It has risen in 4 years )

The biggest attack on US soil in American history probably has something to do with that, considering all the destruction and all the fighting that the attacks caused.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by dicemanj
question on the economy, if bush is so bad for the economy, why did the market go through the roof when it opened this morning. Why did the market go down in late day trading when the exit polls showed Kerry was ahead.?
If Bush is that bad for the economy, why would people want to invest more?

Dice,
If I may ask. How does the uncertainty of who the president will be affect your decisions at work, prior to the election, and once its clear who the president will be?

gregvabch

pontius- you really know your stuff and i agree with everything you have said in this thread.
having served in our military for the past 7 years now, i support what's going on in iraq. last time i checked, the soldiers loosing their lives weren't drafted, they volunteered. i think that at the least, ALL american males should have to spend a couple years in our military. there is so much that the people of our country take for grantid.
i think that if there ever was to be a draft, the first place they should go to is the colleges across our nation. every student, male or female, with less than a b average should be sent straight to boot camp. think of how much money is being wasted there. there's your paper and school lunches.
i'm so relieved that bush has been re-elected and i think that he's done a great job so far of cleaning up the mess that bill clinton made. i couldn't bare the thought of a man being brought into office who served in our country's military and threw away the medals he supposedly earned.
greg

just think the next president could be Hillary Clinton.........WOW.........Pontius, well stated.
Congrats to Bush. .........I mean VIVA LA COMUNISM.
PS> Hattrick you should do the right thing and disassociate yourself from the Red Wings, they would appreciate it, and so would I.

tru conch

im going to throw my .02 in this since i have earned my right to voice my opinons.
as an iraq vet, the public has most of the war wrong. anyone who has even just seen saddam knows he is a schmuck and knows he is a "bad guy". but our timing and planning was off for the iraq war. why didnt we pore the resources into hunting bin laden instead of invading iraq? there are no WMD's or clear links.
are we winning the battles on the ground? yes we are, but insurgents and terrorists will continue to flock to iraq to fight. i cant tell you how many non-iraqis we arrested over there.
i dont want to ramble on cos i can, i feel very passionate about the subject. too many of my friends have died or been wounded, and for what? more oil? spearding democracy?
yes iraq is free, but the majority of the iraqis seemed indifferent. not overly happy or upset. but the longer we are there, the more iraqis are going to be upset.
all in all i am just sad that more people didnt use their brains and try to vote for a candidate that didnt base his whole policy on the fear of terror attacks. if they want to attack us they will, and no cowboy from texas can stop them.
i voted for bush the first time, and i have seen (in person) what a moron he is. i couldnt bear myself to vote for him again. i am tired of the war, of the environment going to crap, the economy on a downward sprial, and of a man who cannot seperate church and state. land of the free? no, land of the closed minded christian right who dont see the grand scheme of things.