Bush!!!!

bang guy

Originally posted by clownfish_and_bettas
I can't believe Bush won... there must be tons of blind people out there not to see his obvious faults as our president.

I guess the fact that most of us have an opinion different than you makes us all "blind".

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did anybody see the speech that Tony Blair and Bush had yesturday? I missed some of it, but I thought it was a pretty good speech. And, I'm not a Bush lover, but I do try to be objective about politics and what is going on in the world.
The election is over and whether you love or hate Bush, I don't think it serves our county to be so utterly polarized. Remember the world has their eyes and ears on us, as do the people who hate us and wish us harm.
Its time to move forward and do the best that we can for the country, not fight and hate amoung ourselves.
USA, Here to STAY!

spacemonkey

"Yes, France, Germany and Canada all suck, but we can deal with them later, by other methods. But when we went in to Iraq, it was to liberate them, to remove Hussein from power and to find WMD. Okay, Hussein is gone, there are no WMD and the Iraqi people don't have to worry about Saddam. But we're still there, our men and women dying horrible deaths. For what? It has turned into an occupation, we're taking over their military installations for our use and the Iraqi's are getting angrier by the minute because of this. This strengthens Bin Ladins cause. Iraq was lied to. We were lied to. We need to bring our troops home. Now. I work for a Reserve unit in a civilian capacity. The military folks here are very pro-Bush and would absolutly die for W's cause (and this is HIS cause). I don't want to see my friends and co-workers come home in a flag drapped coffin. I have to go to work now. You have a great day and let's pray for no American casualties in the middle east today. One day at a time....."
All Canada wanted was some proof of WMD's... still waiting...
To quote Rick Mercer...
On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America.
We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.
I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.
I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.
I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.
I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.
I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel your Pain.
I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.
And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.
We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.
Thank you.

lovethesea

I still think it quite strange that countries that claim to hate us so much, still find the time to be in love with our way of life.
No one EVER wants to step up to the plate to take care of business, but when theres trouble on the horizon, some how we always get looked at first. And if we dare not go help we lose and if we go, we lose.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't thorw stones.......

spacemonkey

Originally posted by lovethesea
I still think it quite strange that countries that claim to hate us so much, still find the time to be in love with our way of life.
No one EVER wants to step up to the plate to take care of business, but when theres trouble on the horizon, some how we always get looked at first. And if we dare not go help we lose and if we go, we lose.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't thorw stones.......

Never once said we hate you, and as a Canadian I don't love "your" way of life. I love the Canadian way of life... Peaceful. Your response is an example of what most people don't like about America. The "We are the only ones to step up to the plate" attitude, there was no need. Say what you will, but the Iraq war was unnecessary... "In god we trust, Now lets load up on OIL!!" Saddam was bad sure, but there's a lot of bad dictators, but they all aren't sitting on billions of $$ worth of oil.
Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a few responses, but i'm done, my .02 is all i'm willing to spend on american politics.
PS. Canada is too cold for glass houses

thedraven

Wow, so much evil. Lookie there... evil!! And over there, evil!!
Someone was right.. in reality, youre just hoping to vote for the lesser evil. Personally, Id rather vote for cheesecake than Bush or Kerry. Cheesecake hates war. Cheesecake is friends with all sorts of toppings (cherry, caramel, etc.). People all over the world love it. And generally speaking, it just tastes wonderful.

reefraff

Originally posted by spacemonkey
Never once said we hate you, and as a Canadian I don't love "your" way of life. I love the Canadian way of life... Peaceful. Your response is an example of what most people don't like about America. The "We are the only ones to step up to the plate" attitude, there was no need. Say what you will, but the Iraq war was unnecessary... "In god we trust, Now lets load up on OIL!!" Saddam was bad sure, but there's a lot of bad dictators, but they all aren't sitting on billions of $$ worth of oil.
Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a few responses, but i'm done, my .02 is all i'm willing to spend on american politics.
PS. Canada is too cold for glass houses

I see you get your current events info from Michael Moore's website. I guess you .02 is worth about as much as the cash redemption value of a grocery store coupon down here:D

nw2sltfsh

Originally posted by reefraff
I see you get your current events info from Michael Moore's website. I guess you .02 is worth about as much as the cash redemption value of a grocery store coupon down here:D

now that was funny

beth

Administrator
Staff member
spacemonkey, I was born in St. John's! But, alas, have not been there since a wee child. My Dad was in the military stationed there. I hope to visit some time.
If you have a camera, I'd love to see some pics. You can start another thread, if so.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
As for the war in Iraq, time will tell, and history will reveal weather the action was good or bad, right or wrong. There is a lot of dynamics going on in the Middle East right now, most of which involving USA military movement, and the insistence for the spread of democratic practices. Yes, there is oil, blah, blah. Oil, isn't just dollar signs, though; it is basically the life-blood of the world.
It is a complex issue, and there is not just one side to it. As far as it being right or wrong, the ones that should be remarking about that are the once involved in it.....That would be USA and its allies there, and the Iraqi people. The rest of the world can zip it.

spacemonkey

Originally posted by Beth
spacemonkey, I was born in St. John's! But, alas, have not been there since a wee child. My Dad was in the military stationed there. I hope to visit some time.
If you have a camera, I'd love to see some pics. You can start another thread, if so.

Hey Beth, I'm actually in Saint John, NB, not St. Johns, NF, but I'm used to the mix up... I could post some pics of this part of the maritimes though. Same coastline. Anyways, you should go back and visit I hear Newfoundland is a beautiful place!
And yes I realize my .02 Canadian is worth about -.01 American... the check is in the mail!! lol
Later

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I guess the fact that most of us have an opinion different than you makes us all "blind".

Only to Bush's faults as our nations leader... I don't know about the rest:rolleyes:
Anyway, at the end it says "JMO" which means Just My Opinion
I was just letting off steam because I was dissapointed... I meant no offense to anyone, I apologize if I did offend you though.
Please don't kill me!:) J/K
-Nadia

bang guy

LOL, there'll be no killing while I'm a Mod.
I just believe that you are incorrect. Most of us do see faults. We just saw more faults in the other candidate.
How about Rudy Giuliani and Condoleezza Rice for 2008? :D

reefraff

LOL, there'll be no killing while I'm a Mod.
I just believe that you are incorrect. Most of us do see faults. We just saw more faults in the other candidate.

I am announcing my support for Bartles & James :D

mukiwa

While Clinton was President
Pound to $= 1.3-1.5
Bush President
Pound to $= 1.7-1.8
And Clinton was bad?....:nope:

schneidts

I think McCain will be on that ballot somewhere...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I would vote for Powell. He is a decent man who has actually been to war and knows a thing or two about why to go, or why not to go, and how to win if we do go.
I pretty much thought he would resign as soon as Bush got re-elected.