Bush's War

1journeyman

Originally Posted by rudedog40
http:///forum/post/2537896
... Take sepulation's cousin for instance. He joins the military, serves his time, then gets half his face and leg blown to pieces. What's Uncle Sam doing for him? Sure they'll patch him up as best they can, but what then? Hand him a Purple Heart and an Honorable Discharge, because he surely can't continue to serve his country in this war. If he was making the military a lifelong career, that's over. ...
Actually, he already went back to his unit in Iraq...

darthtang aw

rude, I agree with your compensation plan. I feel our military should be compensated higher as they are volunteers and do this willingly.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2537902
Actually, he already went back to his unit in Iraq...
He's back? I didn't continue to follow the thread after the initial post. Apparently he wasn't as bad off as he sounded when I first read it.
The big question is, why did they send him back? Is he that faithful to his unit, or is the military just so shorthanded they'll put any soldier back into duty just to have another body for the Iraqi dissidents to use for target practice?

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Suzy
http:///forum/post/2537498
33 is not too old to return to active duty. Our country needs you to defend us. And, think of those poor Iraqis who need you to be their police.
You still have a good 30 years to practice what you preach.
Some how I knew you wouldn't be able to leave well enough alone . You have to have the last word and I understand that . I really feel for you. Your insistance to argue is pathetic. Your lack of ability to have a normal human conversation is boarder line psychotic, due to your inability to except that you can not control the ideas of complete strangers . It is obvious that you are trying to cover up your own inadaqucies as a person by trying to force your opinions onto others . It is very clear that you are lashing out at others because you lack something tangable to actually base your existance on . You really need to seek profesional help. There is more to living life than controling it .
But just so YOU might atempt to get it through your head . MY FAMILY KNOWS THE FULL PRICE OF FREEDOM ! I had 2 GRANDFATHERS that were in WWII one served again in KOREA. My great uncle died at pearl harbor (leaving a family behind). My father and uncles served in VIETNAM one of them DIED IN COMBAT ! NOT ONE OF THEM WAS DRAFTED ! My older cousin is on his 18th year in the navy . He is a seal (as I am sure you understand thats the special forces division of the navy). He has been on missions into Bosnia , Croatia , Somalia , Iraq, Afganistan,and Iraq again. One of my brother inlaws just finished his second tour in IRAQ both which follow his deployment to Afganistan . My other brother inlaw Was in bootcamp on 9-11 shortly after he was sent to afganistan he is a private contractor and is headed back over . My older brother went to somalia and then spent his time in the desert . I took a trip to the sandbox(KUWAIT) too. My nepheiw is in ROTC at his school and cant wait to get out and join the service. I went to school with soldiers that never made it home .
Your arrogant obsesive attitude is nothing less than insulting to me and any other person that has given service to our great nation . Your insistance that everything that our goverment is doing now and has done in the past is some depraved act of aggression, That our leadership is out for nothing more than war is with out a doubt heartbreaking . If you are so opposed to the road our goverment has taken feel free to vote .Voice your opinion where it really counts . You can register at your local DMV . You wont even have to leave the trailer park as you can mail your ballot in . You see the thing is WE as americans have the great freedom to vote . Something that a lot of countries just now achived (with our help) . So I encourage you to exersice that right this nov . Other wise if you feel the presure of our WAR MONGERING leadership is too much for you . I suggest you go down apply for a passport and then head for france where you can share your anti-american veiws with like minded people .
AGAIN I encourage you to seek profesional help for you anger and the mental disorders you are suffering from . Depresion is an ugly monster but you and your doctor can combat it effectivly with the help of medication .

1journeyman

http:///forum/post/2537935
He's back? I didn't continue to follow the thread after the initial post. Apparently he wasn't as bad off as he sounded when I first read it.
The big question is, why did they send him back? Is he that faithful to his unit, or is the military just so shorthanded they'll put any soldier back into duty just to have another body for the Iraqi dissidents to use for target practice?

Originally Posted by Sepulation

He is back in Iraq. I talked to his brother today. He went back a few months ago. You simply can't keep him down I guess! His surgeries went well and he went into rehabilitation with physical therapy
She posted that a couple of days ago.
The military continues to post very high retention rates as well.

suzy

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2537947
AGAIN I encourage you to seek profesional help for you anger and the mental disorders you are suffering from . Depresion is an ugly monster but you and your doctor can combat it effectivly with the help of medication .

Who is the angry one here? Geez, it's a freakin fish forum. So, anyone who disagrees with the Cons needs mental help? Really, I think being psychoanalyzed by a Limbaughite is plenty good enough for me. Thanks! Send me your paypal and I'll kick in my copay!
Since we are giving out free advice, I encourage you to seek spell and grammar check. And, maybe a little less medication....

suzy

http:///forum/post/2537867
2nd week in May I'll be in baghdad, as it stands right now.

Good luck. And, thanks. Someone has to do it and it is strong of you to follow your beliefs. The forum might be a little slow when you are gone.
Insert sad emoticon here......

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2537935
He had a series of surgeries and rehabilitation. He wanted to go back. When he was given a clean bill of health he was approved.
That is a little harsh isn't it? He did not have to go back, he worked hard to go back. My brother is proudly serving over there as well.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2537947
Some how I knew you wouldn't be able to leave well enough alone .

I saw this as a signature line on another forum. Thought it might be relevant here
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and overwhelm you with experience.

reefraff

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2537974
He had a series of surgeries and rehabilitation. He wanted to go back. When he was given a clean bill of health he was approved.
That is a little harsh isn't it? He did not have to go back, he worked hard to go back. My brother is proudly serving over there as well.
I saw a story about a guy that lost a leg and worked his butt off for the chance to go back. These guys are amazing.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Suzy http:///forum/post/2537967
Who is the angry one here? Geez, it's a freakin fish forum. So, anyone who disagrees with the Cons needs mental help? Really, I think being psychoanalyzed by a Limbaughite is plenty good enough for me. Thanks! Send me your paypal and I'll kick in my copay!
Since we are giving out free advice, I encourage you to seek spell and grammar check. And, maybe a little less medication....
YES SUZY IT IS A FISH FORUM
I believe that
1 . I did not start this thread . Or this one https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/312585/6-days
Both spitting out antibush antigoverment propaganda and hatered .
2. Both you and the OP in this thread lashed out violently when your opinions were opposed . That might be anger .
3. Both you and the OP resort to personal attacks when your opinions are not excepted as the be all end all word on the subject . Again Anger is showing its ugly head .
No need for a pay pal account for your co pay . I am just trying to help you understand that you have an issue . You have to come to a FISH FORUM and spew hatered and anger to complete strangers and force your veiws on them . THAT is an ISSUE.
Normally I do not involve my self in these debates because this is a place I come to get away from the obnoxious PRO-CLINTON/OBAMA ,ANTI-EVERYTHING ELSE opinions of the over rightious left wing . I can respect when people have debates about the subjects , I dont feel the need to share my opinions I am here to relax . But you SUZY and Veeraj87 are not looking for a debate you are looking to force your opinions on the forum . Debates allow others to respond to your opinion you and Veeraj87
Start off your threads with multiple posts BASHING your opinion into the face of anybody that opens it , You post with out any thought or form to it you just spew anger and hatered . You both forget that your opinion is just that YOURS not everybody else when your opinion is opposed you become combatative and childish in your attacks you even resort to personal attacks . You both need to grow up ! I can respect journey ,reffraff ,septulan, rylan,crimzy,darthtang, They all alow others to voice there opinion . I enjoy reading their debates because they are thought provoking for both sides . This thread and 6 days, Are just obnoxious left wing propaganda they are not ment to provoke thought they are ment to bash the opinions of bush supporters .
SUZY as for your hurry to incourage others to do there part what "exactly" is it you have done and are continuing to doing? (other than raming your opinion down peoples throats) What organization are you signing up with to go and make lives in another country better or are you just interested in your self ?

masta man

http:///forum/post/2535885
I don't know what America you stand for. I stand for an America that backs her soldiers. Saddam targetted and fired, literally, hundreds of times at American and allied pilots enforcing the No Fly Zone. Saddam violated 17 UN Resolutions, as well as his treaty he signed with us post Desert Storm. The America I stand for doesn't let a 2 bit sadistic dictator fire at our soldiers or break a treaty with us...
I am really sick of all the times people tell me I don't support the troops if I don't support the war.
It does nothing but show how desperate a person really is if they stoop to the level of slander and propaganda just to prove a point. Don't fight facts with feelings.

suzy

Alright, Crash Buddy. I'll chill. You were here first, you can express your opinions and I will not challenge them. Makes an interesting sounding board, though less of a discussion site.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Masta Man
http:///forum/post/2538051
I am really sick of all the times people tell me I don't support the troops if I don't support the war.
It does nothing but show how desperate a person really is if they stoop to the level of slander and propaganda just to prove a point. Don't fight facts with feelings.
WAIT....
Read the post I quoted in the thread you quoted from me.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2537974
What's harsh about the statement? Apparently he wanted to go back. Good for him. Glad he's that dedicated to his profession. But after having a 'series of surgeries and rehab' as you say he had, the last place I'd want to be is where I got torn up in the first place. It's even scarier to think the military would give someone who had multiple surgeries the green light to return to duty. Guess they want to give him the opportunity for a little 'payback'. In Nam, an injury like that was the Golden Ticket home. But like most of us, we didn't have the choice to go or stay.

mfp1016

Why does there have to be some unknown reason? A conspiracy? Or something?
Is it too much to entertain the idea that like many other soldiers wounded, he still felt endowed enough in his profession to return? Despite already having been injured once, his return is a testament to a volunteer army. You keep comparing nam and now, they aren't the same.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot http:///forum/post/2538019
YES SUZY IT IS A FISH FORUM
I believe that
1 . I did not start this thread . Or this one https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/312585/6-days
Both spitting out antibush antigoverment propaganda and hatered .
2. Both you and the OP in this thread lashed out violently when your opinions were opposed . That might be anger .
3. Both you and the OP resort to personal attacks when your opinions are not excepted as the be all end all word on the subject . Again Anger is showing its ugly head .
No need for a pay pal account for your co pay . I am just trying to help you understand that you have an issue . You have to come to a FISH FORUM and spew hatered and anger to complete strangers and force your veiws on them . THAT is an ISSUE.
Normally I do not involve my self in these debates because this is a place I come to get away from the obnoxious PRO-CLINTON/OBAMA ,ANTI-EVERYTHING ELSE opinions of the over rightious left wing . I can respect when people have debates about the subjects , I dont feel the need to share my opinions I am here to relax . But you SUZY and Veeraj87 are not looking for a debate you are looking to force your opinions on the forum . Debates allow others to respond to your opinion you and Veeraj87
Start off your threads with multiple posts BASHING your opinion into the face of anybody that opens it , You post with out any thought or form to it you just spew anger and hatered . You both forget that your opinion is just that YOURS not everybody else when your opinion is opposed you become combatative and childish in your attacks you even resort to personal attacks . You both need to grow up ! I can respect journey ,reffraff ,septulan, rylan,crimzy,darthtang, They all alow others to voice there opinion . I enjoy reading their debates because they are thought provoking for both sides . This thread and 6 days, Are just obnoxious left wing propaganda they are not ment to provoke thought they are ment to bash the opinions of bush supporters .
SUZY as for your hurry to incourage others to do there part what "exactly" is it you have done and are continuing to doing? (other than raming your opinion down peoples throats) What organization are you signing up with to go and make lives in another country better or are you just interested in your self ?
So because everyone doesn't believe in Bush's 'ultra conservative right wing views', they're considered obnoxious? I'm supposed to bow down to the great King Bush and follow him like a lemming over a cliff just because he feels there's a viable threat in the Middle East? That's the beauty of having a democracy. We can all agree to disagree. You can wave the flag and sing Lee Greenwood's "Proud To Be An American" song all the way to Baghdad if you like. But us 'obnoxious PRO-CLINTON/OBAMA ,ANTI-EVERYTHING ELSE' left wingers prefer to stay here on American soil and watch our bank accounts get depleted, our jobs disappear, and our homes go into foreclosure so we can house and feed a bunch of Middle Eastern 'casualties of war'.
You're absolutely right. That's what is important about the vote this November. It's your chance to voice your opinion against this war if you so choose. Sorry, but the polls say the majority of Americans are tired of this war. And it's not just the Democrats saying it. What's sad is there's so much fighting going on within the Democratic Party, McCain can just sit back and wait for the fallout. And if McCain does get elected, it's the fallout you're going to have to watch out for, as in nuclear fallout. That war zealot will have no qualms about 'pushing the button' if he gets provoked.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by mfp1016
http:///forum/post/2538138
Why does there have to be some unknown reason? A conspiracy? Or something?
Is it too much to entertain the idea that like many other soldiers wounded, he still felt endowed enough in his profession to return? Despite already having been injured once, his return is a testament to a volunteer army. You keep comparing nam and now, they aren't the same.
Uh, that's what I said. I congratulated him on being dedicated to his profession. Also, I'd call it a 'semi-voluntary army'. There's quite a few reservist who signed up to that program years ago that never imagined they would get deployed into a war. They are following up with their committment, but I guarantee you many of them aren't happy about it. Comparison with Nam? I could see some similarities with the two. We had our share of NVC that would sacrifice their women and children and make them walking explosives. But I don't think the American soldiers in Iraq have half of the good drugs we had to help 'forget' why we were there.