Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

sjgsm

"sjgsm some of those cars you say you are beating like the lambo ect they must not know how to drive or something." ey Seannmelly... please take a look again at that post.... you will see that i said I have LOST to only four cars since I bought my firebird... Hence, the LAMBO... oh and most of the people out there are bad drivers.... if you had two of the same car...one stick and one auto, you can bet your a$$ the auto will win almost every time...

seannmelly

ah see sjgsm your wrong. a stock manual and a stock auto of the same car the manaul will win every time. a auto car with the right work done to it will be faster then a manaul car but deff not stock. if we are sitting at a light and i have a manual and you have a auto explain to me how your going to increase your rpm's and keep it in gear w/o jumping the line? then explain how my manual can rev to w/e rpm i want too w/o jumping?

zsalinas

Originally Posted by seannmelly
ah see sjgsm your wrong. a stock manual and a stock auto of the same car the manaul will win every time. a auto car with the right work done to it will be faster then a manaul car but deff not stock. if we are sitting at a light and i have a manual and you have a auto explain to me how your going to increase your rpm's and keep it in gear w/o jumping the line? then explain how my manual can rev to w/e rpm i want too w/o jumping?
It's called brake torquing and works very well with auto awd turbo cars like mine. You hold the gas at the line as well as the brake. It allows the torque converter to spin and get the turbo to spool. Light goes green you let off the brake completely. Not very many manuals are able to get full boost of the line where as an auto turbo would be able to. Thus you getting the jump and the manual having to play catch up.
Eventually when you get a bigger turbo it gets a little harder so you get a worked torque converter that allows you to stall up to a higher rpm thus making your bigger turbo spool easier and once again full boost of the line. With the awd it's automatic traction. If you can't drive a rwd manual and you spin tires at all the auto will already be gone and once again you or whoever will be playing catch up. Hope you can make sense of this lol

rylan1

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
i was looking around on cycletrader for some older model rockets in the 4000-6500 range cuz i thought about spending to much for a bike that i wouldnt like and have a harder time getting rid of... i would ride with anyone also just to go out for a ride
If you look around and talk to people you'll find a great bike with extras for your price range. A semi-new 2002-2005 for $4k-6k..Bikers often give you good deals especially if they are looking to upgrade quickly or a lot of guys are forced to sell because of their wives are tired of them not being at home all day.....
.. These often come with their helmets and jackets included...kinda similar to the deals you get when someone is frustrated and gives up on the saltwater aquarium....One great thing about bikes is that you can always find a buyer

seannmelly

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
So is line lock and launch control really considered a big mod these days?

um i think we were talking totally stock cars if you read it right. what car comes stock with a line lock?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
It's called brake torquing and works very well with auto awd turbo cars like mine. You hold the gas at the line as well as the brake. It allows the torque converter to spin and get the turbo to spool. Light goes green you let off the brake completely. Not very many manuals are able to get full boost of the line where as an auto turbo would be able to. Thus you getting the jump and the manual having to play catch up.
Eventually when you get a bigger turbo it gets a little harder so you get a worked torque converter that allows you to stall up to a higher rpm thus making your bigger turbo spool easier and once again full boost of the line. With the awd it's automatic traction. If you can't drive a rwd manual and you spin tires at all the auto will already be gone and once again you or whoever will be playing catch up. Hope you can make sense of this lol

yea i know what it means and it might work good for awd cause you got the advantage over a rwd to start with. and once again we were talking stock for stock. i totally agree with a worked auto beating a manual but not 2 same stock cars and the auto wins

aw2x3

I drive a Honda Accord and a Ford F-150...but, I was the very first person, in the United States, to drive the new BMW M5, when they came out last year.

zsalinas

lets just say from my experience, before I got my built motor put in, I could take a manual stock for stock. I could get them off the line every time and since we're stock for stock they never gain any ground on me because we run the same. You can still manually shift an auto which works quite well cause you can hold it off the shift for that extra little push. Also you have to include the driver. If the person can't drive sorry there's no chance.

seannmelly

lets just say from my experience, before I got my built motor put in, I could take a manual stock for stock. I could get them off the line every time and since we're stock for stock they never gain any ground on me because we run the same. You can still manually shift an auto which works quite well cause you can hold it off the shift for that extra little push. Also you have to include the driver. If the person can't drive sorry there's no chance.

and your turboed and awd. i know you can shift a auto im not dumb,lol

babyb

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/brandigd/DSC00093.jpg[/IMG
a few weeks ago it rained realy well and we played n the mud, then about a week after these pics were taken we were playing in the mud and hit a hole where someone had gotten stuck and dug it out, its going to coust abuout $500 to fix, im not sure what all it broke but the hole was about 4 ft luckly there are really nice people at the river and they pulled us out then the hard part came
calling my father to bring the trailer and pick us up, needless to say that was a quite ride home
btw the jeep is green, but you cant tell

sjgsm

LOL sean... if you want me to explain its due to the fact that MOST people do not shift a stick even close to as well as an automatic.... whether this be due to them shifting at either too high or too low of rpms or even just slow shifting in general... So what i was trying to say is... the person in the manual more than likely won't shift as well as an automatic so that race is as good as over.

zsalinas

Hey bud I'm not saying you're dumb or even insinuating. I was just trying to explain why the auto with awd and turbo was better as far as drag racing goes. Now if it was auto cross any auto would be done for lol. Sorry if you thought that I was just making sure I explained everything so it was understandable.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by SJgsm
LOL sean... if you want me to explain its due to the fact that MOST people do not shift a stick even close to as well as an automatic.... whether this be due to them shifting at either too high or too low of rpms or even just slow shifting in general... So what i was trying to say is... the person in the manual more than likely won't shift as well as an automatic so that race is as good as over.

once again your talking about someone that dont know how to drive. any auto ive ever driven takes a while to shift even if you shift yourself. much faster shifting with a manual if you know how to drive/

seannmelly

Hey bud I'm not saying you're dumb or even insinuating. I was just trying to explain why the auto with awd and turbo was better as far as drag racing goes. Now if it was auto cross any auto would be done for lol. Sorry if you thought that I was just making sure I explained everything so it was understandable.

i know awd and turbos are better for drag racing just with the awd you have a huge advantage. but with 2 stock rwd cars with good drivers no turbos nothing the manual is going to win thats what i was getting at. like i said before im not saying a manual is always faster but stock for stock, good drivers, no awd the manual will win.

nmertz1

I drive a 2006 Infiniti QX56 with custom 22" official DUB rims..
Im only 16..so if gets me around..
O and I didnt have any pics except the one of me and my buddies this year at homecoming in front of it, ill try to get a better one... Im the bottom right...

seannmelly

Originally Posted by nmertz1
O and I didnt have any pics except the one of me and my buddies this year at homecoming in front of it, ill try to get a better one... Im the bottom right...

sweet mommy and daddy must have good jobs lol j/k lets see those wheels

zsalinas

Originally Posted by nmertz1
Nice car man. How do you like it? I've actually been looking into getting one so it'd be nice to hear from somebody who actually drives one and can tell me all about it lol. Thanks for any info.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by seannmelly
i know awd and turbos are better for drag racing just with the awd you have a huge advantage. but with 2 stock rwd cars with good drivers no turbos nothing the manual is going to win thats what i was getting at. like i said before im not saying a manual is always faster but stock for stock, good drivers, no awd the manual will win.
I see what you're sayin. I guess I was just give you my personal experience with my type of car lol. No worries though. I agree with what you're saying though manual definately equals quicker shifts.

seannmelly

yea i knew you were talking about your car. what is it again? i really want a sti but just dont like the looks of them.