Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

J

jrthomas40

i want a bike so bad but i have never driven or riden one so i am a bit aprehensive

seannmelly

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
i want a bike so bad but i have never driven or riden one so i am a bit aprehensive

if you get 1 take your time wear your gear and dont let people influence you into doing things your not ready for. they are so fun!

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by seannmelly
if you get 1 take your time wear your gear and dont let people influence you into doing things your not ready for. they are so fun!
i am not one for show boating or going fast...i want it just to crusie on...so many people talk about how fun it is to ride i would love to experience it myself but i will probably be that one see riding down the road in a full padded suit chillin at moped speeds of 30-45 mph everywhere....lol

mtennant

Well I just got my car back from a shop and it putting out.. R U READY?....
687HP at 14PSI.. So we also tryed the 30PSI... I can't belive it over 821HP at 30PSI WOW!!!!!!!!.... I hope some day a teenager will pull up to me and would like to have some of my TRANS AM....
But I just like to show it off.. I hate to race it.
I have put over $21,000 into it to make it fast... AND I LOVE IT...
So much for the LS1 or the LS6. I'm staying with the 408 engine!!!!! Yea BABY!! :hilarious The Turbo took out my LS6 engine in like 2 days
... So I build me a 408... So now the turbo can't blow out my engine any more...

seannmelly

i am not one for show boating or going fast...i want it just to crusie on...so many people talk about how fun it is to ride i would love to experience it myself but i will probably be that one see riding down the road in a full padded suit chillin at moped speeds of 30-45 mph everywhere....lol

hey if thats what you would like to do then do it. the jackets and gloves are padded anyway sometimes to much feels like your in a metel suite. if your not sure if you like it then go buy a scooter for like 2000 and see if you like it. then if you like then buy a bike better to spend 2000 first rather then 10000 for a rocket or 20000 for a harley. i ride a rocket to go fast and then i ride the harley to just criuse around on. also i ride with anyone some people wont ride with certain people/bikes. hey go buy your scooter and we will go cruisin

seannmelly

hey tennent sweet car dont let sjgsm see that he beets those cars everyday,lol just bustin on ya sjgsm just having some fun

rylan1

Originally Posted by v8eater
nope no bottle just not a big fan of front tire coming up when i wrap the throttle in first gear at 50-60mph or any gear in the right rpm band.
Wheelies are great...but only when you want them.. You must have a ZX-10 ... I can see how that may be an issue since those are sooo light with crazy torque...

rylan1

I started with a CBR 600rr . nice bike.... I never rode before prior, I just started riding up and down a side street until I learned. I also had other guys that rode to show me. There are classes around that will teach you for as little as $25.. Depending on your size start with a 600, just keep in mind that these are fast machines, 600's are just more forgiving than say a 750 or 1000. The only thing to riding is riding with confidence and throttle control, of course skill but that comes with more experience. I must say though cars in no way compares to the feeling or speed of a bike..

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Rylan1
I started with a CBR 600rr . nice bike.... I never rode before prior, I just started riding up and down a side street until I learned. I also had other guys that rode to show me. There are classes around that will teach you for as little as $25.. Depending on your size start with a 600, just keep in mind that these are fast machines, 600's are just more forgiving than say a 750 or 1000. The only thing to riding is riding with confidence and throttle control, of course skill but that comes with more experience. I must say though cars in no way compares to the feeling or speed of a bike..

agreed with the speed factor on a bike. nothing like going 180 on something so small and light. i think jrthomas doesnt care about the speed factor, atleast not yet

v8eater

you can control the front end lift w/o extending the swingarm.
yea but it is easier just to extend and lower and never have to worry about it. Wheel still comes up about 2in the way it sits now.

seannmelly

yea but for a stock bike its kinda overkill. your not gonna tell me 5th 6th gear you crack it and pull a wheelie. in lower gears yes but not every gear. still looks cool though

garfunkle

Originally Posted by jason490
One of my cars below,

Nice ride. I have a light gold 300E 2.6 with Brabus Mono V's. I will post pictures as soon as I find them.

mtennant

hey tennent sweet car dont let sjgsm see that he beets those cars everyday,lol just bustin on ya sjgsm just having some fun
Thanks... I will try to get some pic of the new doors I just got on...

J

jrthomas40

hey if thats what you would like to do then do it. the jackets and gloves are padded anyway sometimes to much feels like your in a metel suite. if your not sure if you like it then go buy a scooter for like 2000 and see if you like it. then if you like then buy a bike better to spend 2000 first rather then 10000 for a rocket or 20000 for a harley. i ride a rocket to go fast and then i ride the harley to just criuse around on. also i ride with anyone some people wont ride with certain people/bikes. hey go buy your scooter and we will go cruisin
i was looking around on cycletrader for some older model rockets in the 4000-6500 range cuz i thought about spending to much for a bike that i wouldnt like and have a harder time getting rid of... i would ride with anyone also just to go out for a ride