Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

agent-x

Originally Posted by SJgsm
Bugatti? Go ahead and put that up against the British SuperSonic Car the Thrust SSC lol.... "which holds the world land speed record, set on October 15, 1997, when it achieved a speed of 1,228 km/h (763 mph) and became the first land vehicle to officially break the sound barrier"
Your getting off point man, not to mention you are now trying to compare a jet engine powered car to a street legal one. (and you say I'm the joke). apples and oranges man. I might as well compare the bigwheel i had as a kid to a porsche.
Anyways, You were talking about how americans are the greatest. Now your jumping ship for other countries cars. your grabbing at straws man. I was just proving a point. now matter how bad the car there is another one out there and unfortunately america has been way behind in the car world recently with a few exceptions, 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR .

sjgsm

I brought up the Thrust SCC as a joke... "Anyways, You were talking about how americans are the greatest. Now your jumping ship for other countries cars." The only car I mentioned that wasn't american was the Thrust which isn't even a "car"...
LOL Agent-X... put in wrenchtime? I'm a assistant mechanic you dips**t.... Cars that are worth wrenchtime? My 96 pos thats really a 2000 with a chevy 350, one of the most common american motors ever is still just that a pos... My car beats its year corvettes and I'm working on the new z06's... And get a car worth the braging rights? That 1968 Amc Amx isnt worth bragging about? the car thats sole purpose for being made was to compete with vettes in its time. I put wrenchtime in all of my cars, and am soon to replace the head on that 96 cobra... a 17 hour job... You probably don't even change your own oil. I agree your allowed your own opinion and although you look at this and would seem that I may sound upset, I find it rather amusing so don't take any of it in its seriousness... I Love Cars :hilarious

yinyang

My 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula. Dynoed @ 372 RWHP/395 FT-Lbs Torque. 0-60 4.3 seconds. 1/4 mile 12.331 seconds @ 118.410 mph. Ram Air Intake,SLP Air Lid,SLP MAF,FAST LSX 78mm Throttle Body, FAST LSX 78mm Intake Manifold,3.73 Gears,Custom True Dual Exhaust No Cats with Borla Mufflers,Performance Tune,etc
All this is coming from a 12 second guy...lol...

Don't take pride in other peoples work but your own.
Put up or shut up

http://ndra.nopi.com/membership.html

seannmelly

lol you got to be F***ing kidding me.... Twin turboed 3000gt's and 300zx's
, Turboed 350z's,STI's,EVO's,Supra's.
a stock VR4 3000gt is 320 horse... same as my car stock for stock...the 3000gt weighs about 3800 lbs...my firebird 3400... stock times for a VR4 3000gt are (0 - 60 mph : 5.4 seconds,
1/4 mile - 13.7) so lets rethink are theory here... now i know its not best to rely on times through the internet.... but sorry 1.5 seconds is a big difference between my car (now) and a Twin Turbo 3000gt...
As far as the Supra... "it's also potent. Without turbocharging, the Supra engine generates a very respectable 220 hp. With sequential twin turbos -one spinning continuously for good low-speed response, the other kicking in when you want to unleash all the horses - output jumps to 320 hp."
lol.... need more? neither cars were suped up... but they did have atleast exhaust...so they werent completely stock... of course like I said before... "But then again i probably just havent raced the right people." don't speak on this issue again as you seem to know nothing or just can't read

too bad you wernt here in ny with your 390 hp firebird cause i would smoke ur junk. im not going to have a internet war with you. like the other guy said you need to get a clue, have a nice night

socal57che

Originally Posted by socalracer
no pics yet but i just got an 07 honda element SC
Where in socal, socal
socal
Everyone else GET ALONG YA FREAKS!!! This ain't the bloody testosterone comparo thread! Start your own thread to compare time slips.

sjgsm

LOL... you can say that you would smoke me alllllll you want but if you want to prove it, take your car to a drag track and get a video of your car racing it.... In return I will do the same, the numbers won't lie and we'd technically be racing each other
But one thing, your impala looks nice and your picture doesn't seem to do justice, I would like to see a new pic of it if you wouldn't mind
yingyang...All this is coming from a 12 second guy...lol...
Don't take pride in other peoples work but your own.

Put up or shut up
http://ndra.nopi.com/membership.html
you try to tell me im taking pride off other peoples work and then you post the times of import drag cars..... Which I dunno what you were trying to prove anyways because when i looked around the site I only found something about a 6 second dragster.... still not 4.5seconds.

My opinion was that American cars reign supreme as far as speed... I admit that most imports will out handle my pontiac anyday of the week. Also that the fastest stock car is Italian/French(STOCK...) And that some imports are actually designed beautifully. For now my car is only a low 12 second car... Thing is I've dropped my quarter mile time from around 13.5ish to 12.3 in 7 months without a major modification. When I have the money my car will be faster but until then I have other bills to pay and fish/coral to buy :thinking: I would like to add that everyones car is beautiful and shows each individual style.

agent-x

That 1968 Amc Amx isnt worth bragging about?
That car is worth the right, but you were talking about the pontiac of yours, not this car.

reefforbrains

Total squirrels,
making the rest of us gearheads out there look like the same sort of disrespectful type talking rodder full of fish stories......

nick76

Ok guys lets kill the "whos faster war" if you want to start a second top for "whos got the fastest car" go ahead but leave it out of here. I didnt mean to get this started, I just had wanted to share a cool story the other day.
Everybody has got their own style and prefrence of engine and car. Ya cant knock people for it. If nobody drove imports, who would I smoke? so ya gotta look at it that way.
Im happy my thread made it so far and everybody's cars are beautiful

seannmelly

nicks didnt mean to start anything but that sjgsm guy has been rude in like every post in this thread. if you go back through the 5 pages and checked out my posts ive been just jolly talking about cars. as for sjgsm the car is super nice and the pic doesnt do it justice. that was a old pic with a old camara. i wish i could get you a better pic but the car is in storage right now. the garage is way to small for the car 6 bikes and 2 sleds. as for the track cant do that either. i tried the local track here in ny after i did the motor never really launched the car with all the extra power but with alot of room for improvement first run was in the mid 10's. the track guys shut me down and wouldnt let me run anymore. they said 10 sec or faster i would need a roll cage and 5 point harness. so i know how fast the car is but im not about to cut up the car to prove something i already now. do you know what a 66 impala ss with a 427 with matching #'s is worth? worth enough to me not to put a full cage in it. thats what my next car im going to build will be for straight up racing. in the next couple of years im going to be building a 33 or 34 ford coupe, cant waite. any ill try to get some pics for you.
ps go to streetfire.net and check out some twin turbo supras 800-900-1000 hp

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by seannmelly
nicks didnt mean to start anything but that sjgsm guy has been rude in like every post in this thread. if you go back through the 5 pages and checked out my posts ive been just jolly talking about cars. as for sjgsm the car is super nice and the pic doesnt do it justice. that was a old pic with a old camara. i wish i could get you a better pic but the car is in storage right now. the garage is way to small for the car 6 bikes and 2 sleds. as for the track cant do that either. i tried the local track here in ny after i did the motor never really launched the car with all the extra power but with alot of room for improvement first run was in the mid 10's. the track guys shut me down and wouldnt let me run anymore. they said 10 sec or faster i would need a roll cage and 5 point harness. so i know how fast the car is but im not about to cut up the car to prove something i already now. do you know what a 66 impala ss with a 427 with matching #'s is worth? worth enough to me not to put a full cage in it. thats what my next car im going to build will be for straight up racing. in the next couple of years im going to be building a 33 or 34 ford coupe, cant waite. any ill try to get some pics for you.
ps go to streetfire.net and check out some twin turbo supras 800-900-1000 hp

man i would love to see a 1000hp supra....i think the 95's have the best bodies...i think i would cream my pants if heard the turbos from that....the first year i went to NOPI an old school late 80's model RX-7 pulled up next to me and blew off i knew right then i was in love with car modification

sjgsm

lol sean "66 impala ss with a 427 with matching #'s is worth?" thats why i said you'd be stupid if you had "go go juice" in that car... Those cars in crap condition are worth a pretty penny. As far as the 1000+ horse supras, I've seen them... Just like Ive seen ones just under 1,800... They can be insanely suped up but as can many other cars... I've seen a 2,200 horse viper... I've also seen a old Vette run a good 1600 rwhp (personal friend of mine with '66 sting ray) All cars have potential even if it is a Pinto or a CRX. Never meant to dissrespect anyone it was just heat of the moment
. But yeah i'd love to see some pics of your impala and your 30's ford project whenever you start it. I'm currently working on my uncles old Outlaw Sprint car getting it ready to race again. I plan on taking over the dynasty :thinking:

lovethesea

leave it to the "guys" to turn it into a peeing contest.

Socal beat me to it.

whats "go juice" Because if you have to put something like that in your car to make it "go"..........it really can't "go" in the first place.

Kind of like steroids????

zsalinas

SJgsm, What I was referring to is those cocky jerks that roll around like their sh** don't stink. I've mostly noticed them in mustangs. So it's always fun stickin it to them. I respect muscle and love muscles cars. I don't roll around trying to race everybody or have the typical "rice" crap on my car. Sorry but intake and a hood scoop and a huge wing don't help. I understand how it all works. I respect every class of cars. They've all put down respectable times especially street legal cars. It'll always be a competetion back and forth. I think its the big muscle guys that don't respect the imports. By they way I'm not a honda fan by any means ha ha. I can't stand people in their honda hatchbacks and all the garbabge

zsalinas

P.S. everybody's cars have been nice. I hope this thread can continue to go on and people show us more cars.

n8ball2013

just so you know john sheppards talon is a streetable car. just has a chute. and hauls serious balls.
lol... You think that Brent Rau built that 7 second eclipse for the street? That would be a dedicated race car. You want cornering cars you can look into a solstice,sky,cobalt,srt4 or you can go expensive with a Viper,Z06 Vette,or a Ford GT.... Oh but I've ram with a Lotus Elise down a mountain road Called Highway 9 in that lovely 96 cobra of mine..Everybody knows Lotus Elise's are most notorious for their exceptional handeling. Yes each car has its stronger qualities, imports are more cornering based than overall power...american cars are more power than cornering. But then again american cars can still corner with the best of them.

sjgsm

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
SJgsm, What I was referring to is those cocky jerks that roll around like their sh** don't stink. I've mostly noticed them in mustangs. So it's always fun stickin it to them. I respect muscle and love muscles cars. I don't roll around trying to race everybody or have the typical "rice" crap on my car. Sorry but intake and a hood scoop and a huge wing don't help. I understand how it all works. I respect every class of cars. They've all put down respectable times especially street legal cars. It'll always be a competetion back and forth. I think its the big muscle guys that don't respect the imports. By they way I'm not a honda fan by any means ha ha. I can't stand people in their honda hatchbacks and all the garbabge
LOL... I know the crowd... Without a doubt there are still a lot of impressive imports out there. Then you have cars like the Honda insight that gets like 62 mpg city? But anyways, I know that there are plenty of imports out there that would easily smoke me...But I've only lost 4 times in the 7 months I've had my car.... (Mercedes E55 AMG,Porsche Carrera GT,Chevy Z06 Corvette,and a Lamborghini Murcielago) I've won easily around 80 times to random cars including c5 and c6 vettes,ss camaros,GT and Cobra mustangs, supras,ss cobalts,300zx's,3000gt's, etc... Its all in good fun. It's nice to see what potential the other cars have and what mine has aswell.
Continue with pictures, I'd love to see everybodies cars... I will take more pictures of mine sometime tomorrow...

nick76

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
I dispise the honda hatchback! Their just so ooogly lol.
Yea really, dosnt is seem like every guy in a mustang is a cocky jerk? lol I have noticed this in my area too.
Not saying your in that catagory sjgsm, Its just an observation of my surroundings lol.
Btw Ill thow up some more pictures of the camaro today and the cobalt.

reefkprz

I have a saab with turbo drive good handles mediocre I'll post a pic later. I dont race. dont care to. I drive with skill. you see some people blasting around the streets hammering on their vehicles like you have to go 0-60 as fast as possible at every intersection, then they slam into every pot hole on the street because they are stupid unobservant morons. there is a different class of people that know how to race and those that just accelerate because they think it makes them look fast or cool. I hate seeing those idiots because they are the ones getting pulled out of ditches on sunny days or parked in twelephone poles on crappy ones. I live in maine and almost every stupid sod that has ground effects on thier semi pimped cars ends up with broken ground effects because they cant drive for spit. I know for a fact that If I wanted to race them I would win because they would be spinning their tires at the start and I would let mine catch traction for acceleration. I have nothing to prove to morons like that.
I'm am not putting anyone on here in that category, those are just my observations as a person who drives slower than my own grandmother (she used to have a really sweet nova).